Windows 10: Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

Discus and support Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases How to Add or Remove Aliases for your Microsoft Account [img] Information An account alias is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

How to Add or Remove Aliases for your Microsoft Account

Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases [​IMG]
    Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your account's primary alias is displayed on your Microsoft devices (such as a Windows 8 PC, Windows 10 PC, Xbox, or Windows Phone), and you can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail. Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can keep or remove the original alias.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove email address or phone number aliases for your Microsoft account.

Note You can create up to ten new aliases per year, for an overall maximum of ten. Deleting an alias removes it from the overall count, but not the yearly limit.

Existing @Hotmail.com, @Live.com, Outlook.com and @msn.com addresses can't be added as aliases.

You can create an alias using an existing email address from other providers such as Gmail, Yahoo! Plus, or AIM Mail, as long as you haven't used the address to create a Microsoft account.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add Email Address Alias to your Microsoft Account
    • Option Two: To Add Phone Number Alias to your Microsoft Account
    • Option Three: To Remove Email Address or Phone Number Alias from your Microsoft Account

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add Email Address Alias to your Microsoft Account
    1. Sign in to the Microsoft account website.

2. Click/tap on the Add email link under Account aliases. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (dot) Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, enter an existing email address, and click/tap on Add alias. (see screenshot below)

Note If you don't have an existing email address, then you can select (dot) Create a new email address and add it as an alias instead. If the address you request is already taken, you’ll be prompted to enter a different address.

4. Click/tap on the Verify link just to the right of the email alias you just added. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on Send email to get a link to verify sent to the email address of the added alias. (see screenshot below)

6. Check your email for the email address, and click/tap on the link to verify. (see screenshot below)

7. You have just now verified your own added email address, so you can now use it as an alias for your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add Phone Number Alias to your Microsoft Account

2. Click/tap on the Add phone number link under Account aliases. (see screenshot below)

3. Select your international call prefix for your country or region, enter your smartphone number without any space or dashes, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

4. A Microsoft account verification code will now be sent to your phone as a text message. Check your phone's messages for the code. (see screenshot below)

5. Enter the Microsoft account verification code sent to your phone, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Your phone number has been added and can now be used as an alias for your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove Email Address or Phone Number Alias from your Microsoft Account

Note When you remove an alias, you will no longer be able to use it to sign in to Microsoft services or devices.

If you remove an alias from an EASI account, that address will immediately become available to anyone else who wants to use it.

If you remove an @Hotmail or an @MSN email address, it cannot be recovered.

2. Click/tap on the Remove link of an added email address or phone number you want to remove as an alias. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Remove to confirm. Be sure to read any warnings. (see screenshots below)

4. The alias has now been removed from your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 11, 2017
  2. hunuok Win User

Accounts and Aliases

Recently, I have inadvertently added another Microsoft account (alias?) which has now become my main account (there is no remove option):

Upon trying to remove this account, this new account/alias does not appear in my Microsoft account:

How do I remove the newly made account/alias and just have my original account (ie the bottom email address)?

Thanks in advance.

hunuok, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

Microsoft Account, managing aliases: There is no 'make primary' link next to the email I would like to make primary

Hello GI,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to a browser problem or due to some conflict with the Microsoft account settings. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us which browser are you using when you're trying to manage your aliases?
    • Have you tried using a different browser and check if you're having the same issue?

To change your primary alias and to remove an alias from your account, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article. The article describes the steps on how you can manage aliases on your Microsoft account.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

It is normal to get a code like that for two-step verification.

You should be seeing this below from the link I posted above after signing in with your Microsoft account.

This is where you can manage your aliases for your Microsoft account.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mark_W. Win User
    Email aliases

Hello Mickey.Jim:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your email question. It sounds like this is an issue on the Microsoft account end and not the phone's end. My suggestion is to sign into
    Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft and reorganize your account and aliases.

I would suggest removing all the current aliases attached to your account. After they have been removed, readd them to your account. Please add the alias you would like to be your primary first. I might suggest not adding any others until you verify this
    is working properly. Once you have set up the new alias, restart your phone and monitor behavior.

If you continue to notice issues with how you are receiving mails, just on the phone. Describe for us how things work on the phone and how things work when you check your email on a computer or tablet.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases

1. Add or Remove Microsoft Account Aliases - Similar Threads - Add Remove Microsoft

2. Unable to add more aliases

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add more aliases: I am creating a main account for all of my various emails for business and entertainment. I have been able to add 2 other emails and my phone number. It continuously gives me the We limit how frequently you can add aliases to your account. Please try again later. I cant...
  3. Microsoft Account Aliases

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Aliases: I am trying to move my Microsoft account to an outlook email account and move away from Gmail. I created an outlook email account but I was not able to tie it as an alias. Microsoft says the account is already taken it's taken by me. I closed my account though the account...
  4. Account Aliases

Account Aliases: I seem to be struggling with my Microsoft account which I never use. In trying to understand another issue I'm having I was trying to figure out how to sign in to my Microsoft account. When I finally did I learned that is uses an email address that I never use any more. I...
  5. Changing Microsoft Account through Aliases

Changing Microsoft Account through Aliases: Hey guys, I've had the same Hotmail address for a while, and I use it as my Microsoft Account; to login to my Windows 10 laptop, for OneDrive photos and OneNote which is synced through OneDrive, and I've also purchased movies and TV shows on the Microsoft Store. There have...
  6. Microsoft Account Aliases

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Aliases: Good morning, I have an existing microsoft account under *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and am trying to add / change to another email alias. Whenever I try to add this email alias, it tells me this email address is already taken - which is true - it's taken...
  7. Add other email aliases

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add other email aliases: Hi How do I add other email addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-other-email-aliases/5afb9f2a-a8a6-4718-bd46-a5f17db4435f
  8. Accounts and Aliases

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts and Aliases: Recently, I have inadvertently added another Microsoft account (alias?) which has now become my main account (there is no remove option): [img] Upon trying to remove this account, this new account/alias does not appear in my Microsoft account: [img] How do I remove the...
  9. Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases: How to: Change Sign-in Preferences of Microsoft Account Aliases How to Change Sign-in Preferences of your Microsoft Account Aliases [img] Information An account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have...
  10. Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account: How to: Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account How to Add or Remove Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account When you try to view or edit sensitive info related to your Microsoft accountlike your credit card detailsMicrosoft might ask you for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add or remove email alias from hotmail

2. limit of adding aliases on Microsoft

3. how to get rid of primary alias microsoft