Windows 10: "align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it

Discus and support "align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; *cry*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused What I want to do: Create a desktop backround of gridlines that are synced to the "align to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Antiedman, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Antiedman Win User

"align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it

*cry*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused*Confused
    What I want to do: Create a desktop backround of gridlines that are synced to the "align to Grid"grid.

What I'm going for: I am trying to create visual vertical and horizontal lines of Microsofts invisible "Align to grid" grid. (
    (sidenote: Why????, Because i'm that guy who for some reason wants to actually see the grid as a desktop background... nice neat little squares of joy! )

1. What is the "align to grid" size?

2. in regedit What is the single positive or negative data value of the icon spaceing? Someone please explain what that single number is, where does it come from... What does that mean.... the single positive or negative data value of the icon spaceing... is it a combination of px X px, is it the x/y of the grid ....

3. Is there an "Align to grid" template out on the web or do I need to create my own? has some person already done this?

:)

Antiedman, Jun 6, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

"align to Grid" grid Size: What is the grids size and how can I draw it!

Open Regedit (Press Windows + R keys and type regedit, then hit enter)

Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

The two settings you are looking for are IconSpacing and IconVerticalSpacing

A much easier way is to take a screen capture of your Desktop ans save it

Open the file in Paint, choose show rulers and show gridlines

Draw your grid on top of the screen capture

Remove the screen capture and you will be left with the grid

DaveM121, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Gina Coleman, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Antiedman Win User

P.S My brain hurts!*cry*Shock*cry because Microsoft keeps that grid top-secret and i'm not smart enough to reverse engineer it to get it's size and stretch ratio!

Antiedman, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 6, 2017
  6. Antiedman Win User
    looking to create a HxV line background of the "Align to grid" grid similar to Iphone ios grid template.......
    "align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it [​IMG]

I just can not figure out how to measure the invisable "align to grid" grid

Antiedman, Jun 6, 2017
  7. Antiedman Win User
    if I can figure out how to measure the invisable "align to grid" grid O can create the boxes

Antiedman, Jun 6, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I suppose you could have icons stretching out along the top horizontally and left side vertically to get a measurement of the grid while icons are highlighted. The borders of the outline box around the highlighted icon will be the same as the grid.

You could then manually adjust the grid lines on the background image until they match. It will be a lot of work though.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "align to Grid" grid Size What is the grids size and how can I draw it - Similar Threads - align Grid grid

2. Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control...: Desktop icons alignment and grid sizing inoperable.HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics location is empty. Updated OS, no help....
  3. How do I turn off the alignment grid?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off the alignment grid?: Last week the alignment grid popped up on my desktop. How so I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-alignment-grid/10633c51-e38e-41a2-9844-5d1ff114ef7f
  4. alignment grid

alignment grid: I suddenly have a grid on my desktop. It's 9 rectangles and says it's an alignment grid. How do I get rid of this? I have no idea what brought it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alignment-grid/dacf4cde-40a0-41cb-bcad-b447e37702c5
  5. allignment grid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    allignment grid: How do I cancel allignment grid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allignment-grid/782b2251-09c5-4c71-987d-710428cb3cb9
  6. how do I turn off the alignment grid

how do I turn off the alignment grid: How do I turn off the alignment grid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-the-alignment-grid/d147601d-f990-4178-8a82-aee6ef5a1cd3
  7. Mouse Grid

Mouse Grid: I am wondering if I can find Mouse Grid feature for Windows Speech Recognition in Windows 10. Thank you guys!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-grid/c98d156f-9e19-46fc-849b-bb36bdc672b1
  8. Alignment grid

Alignment grid: I really need to get rid of the alignment grid. It is driving me crazy, and I don't know how it turned on! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/alignment-grid/bd77425b-f130-4288-9e60-6c91462890ae
  9. "Align to grid" always on on Windows 10

"Align to grid" always on on Windows 10: I'm having a very strange issue on Windows 10, just installed a week ago. I am one of those persons that has multiple desktop icons. Shortcuts to programs on the right side. Folders with current jobs on a line below, photos of baby grandson on the left and many other...
  10. Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid"

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution for "Align Icons to Grid": I use "Align Icons to Grid" to line up icons on my Desktop. However, I find the resolution of the grid is too coarse. How can I reduce the icon spacing between icons for the "Align Icons to Grid" option? 34955