Windows 10: All apps?

Discus and support All apps? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to add a shortcut for a program to the All apps in the start menu. I placed a shortcut into the following directory:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Winuser, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Winuser Win User

All apps?

I'm trying to add a shortcut for a program to the All apps in the start menu. I placed a shortcut into the following directory:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. I did this before with earlier builds and it worked. Did MS change something or is this a bug? Anyone know another way to place a shortcut into the All apps. I can pin the shortcut to the start menu but that's not what I want.

:)

Winuser, Mar 1, 2015

2. Unable to sign in to Groove/Feedback hub after creator update

Updated with creator yesterday and all went smooth. However am now unable to sign into Groove; no error message, just click on sign-in and nothing happens. Help menu says use Feedback Hub to get help and same thing happens there. PC has two Microsoft accounts,
    business and personal, and had no issue prior to creator update. Groove is on personal account, and account still works if logging in via webplayer. Seems something to do with account recognition in windows 10 post creator. Have tried reset through settings
    with no effect. Thoughts?

Synonymous All, Mar 1, 2015
  3. Sam All Win User
    How do I get my Windows defender to start a virus threat scan

Hi PA Bear,

The Dell computer came with a 15 month Antivirus subscription to McAfee Security Center.

The computer was bought new December 2010 witch makes it 7 years old not 10 years old as I first stated.

Thank you for your help,

Sam All, Mar 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

All apps?

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I'm using the start menu.I want to put the shortcut in the All apps.
    Attachment 13597
    I have done it before. Now it's not showing up.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just tested on my system, and I'm still able to add shortcuts to either folder below, and have it show in "All Apps" in your screenshot. It worked the same way in Option Three of the W8 tutorial for me. What program are you trying to add a shortcut of?

shell:common start menu\programs

shell:start menu\programs

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    It's a portable program named HWiNFO64. It's in the pic of my start menu. I know it can be done because I've done it before. The only difference is the other programs were installed in 10 and this is portable. I won't be using it all the time so I would like to remove the shortcut from the start menu and place it in All apps.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

All apps?

I was able to add a shortcut of the .exe file for that program in my All Apps.

Do you have the HWiNFO64.exe file saved on a local internal hard drive?

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    I have the program folder in the Program Files (x86) directory.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  10. Winuser Win User
    I gave up and loaded the install version. Strange that the shortcut for the portable version wouldn't show under All apps on my computer.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    I just checked and the shortcut for the install version points to the same directory I was using for the portable version. The only difference is the exe is in it's own folder.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It is odd since I was able to add the portable version of that program. *Confused

Brink, Mar 2, 2015
  13. Winuser Win User

All apps?

I think Windows 10 just wanted to be finicky.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Did the initialization file remain in the portable folder during all this?

Edwin, Mar 2, 2015
  15. Winuser Win User
    yes! I created a shortcut to the .exe file. I've done it before so I know it can be done.

Winuser, Mar 2, 2015
Thema:

All apps?

1. All apps? - Similar Threads - apps

2. Facing glitchy user interface bug in microsoft apps !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing glitchy user interface bug in microsoft apps !!!: I am facing this issue since November 2023 , To be more specific the ui of microsoft applications becomes glitchy due to which I am unable to perform my desired task properly . Screenshot included of VS code and facing the same bug in other microsoft applications . To be more...
  3. Facing glitchy user interface bug in microsoft apps !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facing glitchy user interface bug in microsoft apps !!!: I am facing this issue since November 2023 , To be more specific the ui of microsoft applications becomes glitchy due to which I am unable to perform my desired task properly . Screenshot included of VS code and facing the same bug in other microsoft applications . To be more...
  4. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2
  5. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...: Plz look into this. I'm having this problem for the last 1 month. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-this-problem-microsoft-store-is-not/3c9ba12f-8345-4e1b-aaa4-bcae850e1bd2
  6. Im having this problem. Microsoft store is not downloading apps and it is showing as...

7. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  8. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.: I am trying to install Microsoft translator app on my PC. After the website directs you to the Microsoft store there is download or install option for Microsoft translator app. One of the requirements is having an integrated camera which i do not have as i am using a Logitech...
  9. Download option not showing for Microsoft Translator app on my PC.

10. Why some apps are blurry?

Why some apps are blurry?: Hello!I've been playing lots of games lately, but Roblox, and only roblox, is blurry even with the graphics turned 100%.I have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14arp8 83AU001NTAPlease, help!...