Windows 10: All browsers hang after Creators Update

Discus and support All browsers hang after Creators Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SilverGreen93, May 6, 2017.

1. All browsers hang after Creators Update

Hi,

My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE to check, but they all can't load any webpage and eventually hang all.

I tried ping 8.8.8.8 and nslookup google.com, they seem to work from command line.

Curiously enough, I am using a Wi-Fi connection and, if I disable the Wi-Fi network adapter, all the browsers come alive again instantly and say "The page cannot be displayed", which is normal. If I reconnect to Wi-Fi, all work great until the same thing happens again. Hang, disconnect wi-fi, works perfect, connect again and the cycle repeats.

I tried to uninstall the Intel Wi-Fi driver and reinstalled it, but the problem persists.
    Any suggestion you can give me? This drives me nuts.

Note that the network shares (from Windows Explorer), ping, traceroute, nslookup all work fine. Only ALL browsers hang until I mess with the Wi-Fi adapter. It doesn't matter which browser I use.
    When using LAN cable, I couldn't observe any issue, but I haven't tested much (a couple of hours).

Other thing to note: It seems that other services (OneDrive, Nvidia updater, Steam) cannot connect during this phase, which is weird.

Wi-Fi: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth

:)

SilverGreen93, May 6, 2017
  2. Ian Ser Win User

all my browsers (ie, edge, chrome) hang after latest windows update (June 14 2017 update). what do i do?

Thank you for the update. We recommend starting up your device in a clean boot environment as the issue may be caused by software conflicts. Follow the
    Windows 10 option on this article for instructions on how to start a clean boot environment.
    In the clean boot environment, try surfing the internet again and see if you can browse without experiencing any crashes.

Let us know how the troubleshooting went.

Ian Ser, May 6, 2017
  3. Robin M4 Win User
    all my browsers (ie, edge, chrome) hang after latest windows update (June 14 2017 update). what do i do?

Hi again Ian,

I forgot to mention in my first replay that I tried to uninstall the updates. It took 3 attempts and eventually 2 out the 3 updates were uninstalled. There was no improvement. I reinstalled the updates and again there was no improvement.

Regards,

Robin

Robin M4, May 6, 2017
  4. All browsers hang after Creators Update

For starters, have you tried Network Reset?

Reset Network Adapters in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Network Sharing Tutorials

I have solved my WiFi problems by simply disabling everything, which is supposed to improve internet.

To disable "IPv6/LMHOSTS Lookup/NetBIOS over TCP/IP", run CMD as admin and copy/paste:
    Code: netsh int ipv6 isatap set state disabled netsh int teredo set state disabled netsh interface ipv6 6to4 set state state=disabled undoonstop=disabled reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters" /v "DisabledComponents" /t REG_DWORD /d "255" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NetBT\Parameters" /v "EnableLMHOSTS" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=0 call SetTcpipNetbios 2 wmic nicconfig where TcpipNetbiosOptions=1 call SetTcpipNetbios 2[/quote] Then uninstall all network protocols from network adapter except IPv4 and uncheck IPv6, like this:

TairikuOkami, May 6, 2017
  5. Haven't tried. I just uninstalled manually the adapter in Control panel and then used the Intel software to reinstall.

What does "IPv6/LMHOSTS Lookup/NetBIOS over TCP/IP" really do?

I do use IPv6. Do I have to uncheck it?

6. TairikuOkami, May 6, 2017
  7. Ok, so it seems that I shouldn't disable LMHOSTS Lookup since my networks relies on network shares from different windows PCs.

I will disable IPv6 and try it out in IPv4 only, but my other 4 PCs work fine with the same IPv6 IPv4 coexistence, all running Windows 10, but different network adapters. I don't know why this is the only one on which browsers hang.

8. All browsers hang after Creators Update

In that case try looking for a newer driver, maybe that one just is not compatible with CU.

Driver Easy Free is good in finding drivers.

TairikuOkami, May 6, 2017
  9. SilverGreen93, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

All browsers hang after Creators Update

1. All browsers hang after Creators Update - Similar Threads - browsers hang Creators

2. browser video hangs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    browser video hangs: I've tried to play videos from MSN web site others also using Edge, Firefox, and Opera ----- I've tried with two Dell computers and a Gigabyte ----- within 120 seconds of play, both video and audio stop working but the time index will often continue to run !!!!! Windows 10...
  3. https subdomains hang all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    https subdomains hang all browsers: If I try to access subdomains like apod.nasa.gov or ordbok.uib.no with the https:// prefix, all browsers on my Win 10 (1903) & 7 SE hang on my ASUS laptop or tower system with TLS security timeouts, but accessing the parent domains with https:// works fine. The router is a...
  4. Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser not working with W10 Creators update...: ...the browser just hangs on opening. Chrome latest version. Anybody else having problems? 82548
  5. Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Every Profile Hangs At Black Screen After Creator's Update: Hey guys I just got done installing the Creator's Update and whenever I log in to any profile it just hangs at a black screen with a dialog saying "Preparing to delete from Programs" along with "Discovered 0 items (0 bytes...). It's done it on both local and active directory...
  6. Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer hangs Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update: Hello! I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition 32-bit (v1607) to Windows 10 Pro Creator's Update 32-bit (v1706). One thing I noticed is that TeamViewer hangs after a few seconds when I connect to the laptop remotely from another computer....
  7. Creators Update Hangs at 23%

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update Hangs at 23%: i've had 4 out of 5 tried end up unsucessfull the only time it completed some of the tweaks for making 10 look like 7, caused 10 to no longer "Sign in" (i'd give my password then brought back to Sign in screen) i understand this is an issue atm, has anyone had a working...
  8. Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Creators Update Restart Screen Now Hangs: Hi all, Since updating to the Win 10 CU my PC's Restarting screen sits there and won't proceed to the reboot for precisely 65 seconds. I've timed it several times with my watch. In my old install of Anniversary Update it would only take about 5 seconds before it went...
  9. MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs

in Windows 10 Support
    MMC.exe after Creators Update briefly hangs: I noticed a minor issue after upgrading my 7-year old Lenovo ThinkPad to the Creators Update. In wandering through Device Manager to see what drivers may have been updated, I noticed that on occasion when I clicked on the "Driver" tab of a particular device, it would not...
  10. After windows 10 cumalative update, browsers hanging/connecting and .

in Windows 10 Support
    After windows 10 cumalative update, browsers hanging/connecting and .: Basically i updated mine and my girlfriends laptops to the latest windows 10 update. Now whenever myself or my girlfriend use the internet, our browsers "hang" and also get stuck on the "connecting" phase after you hit enter on a web address. I've tried using the flushdns...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. all browsers are black after sleep