Windows 10: All icons missing except on start menu.

Discus and support All icons missing except on start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] [img] [img] [img] As you can see all the icons are missing or broken except for the ones on the start menu. Didn't really do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by draggehz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. draggehz Win User

All icons missing except on start menu.

All icons missing except on start menu. [​IMG]

As you can see all the icons are missing or broken except for the ones on the start menu.
    Didn't really do anything before this, just played games.

:)

draggehz, Feb 24, 2017

2. Can't Place Rcycle Icon on right Start Menu in Windows 10

I used to have a recycle icon on my start Menu. On morning I turned on my laptop and half of my Start Menu was missing. Since then I have been able to replace all off my missing Tiles with the exception of the Recycle Bin. The Recycle Icon is on the Desktop
    And the folder is listed in the Windows Folder list and both when right clicked offer the option to pin to start but when clicked nothing happens.

Has anybody had this problem and if so can someone help?

Ray

RayMatheson, Feb 24, 2017
  3. wailana Win User
    screensaver icons

I have a screensaver problem too. Last week I did personalization on my desktop. That threw all my icons off ( icons on my start menu and screen disappeared except for some on my screens. Those (about 15) are scatted all over my screen and unlabeled.
    My start menu contains icons for file explorer, power, all apps, expand and one or two more. I discovered that when I click on 'start' then 'all app' all the missing icons appear in the middle of my screen while the 'start' screen remains blank. Is
    there anything that can be done to put the icons back in order in my start and main screens?

wailana, Feb 24, 2017
  4. marsmimar Win User

Hello draggehz and welcome to Ten Forums.

If you have a restore point that was created prior to the icon issue it might correct the problem. If not you could try rebuilding the icon cache. I prefer Option Two using the command prompt.

Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10

marsmimar, Feb 24, 2017
  5. PlanBFL Win User
    I have the same issue and it's now got two of my Win 10 pro PC's in the office. the 1st one I tried rebuild icon db, sfc /scannow and no luck. I just reinstalled the OS from scratch.
    Now that it has happened on a 2nd PC, I'm not sure what to do ???
    Anyone know what this is?
    Thank you

PlanBFL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. All icons missing except on start menu. - Similar Threads - icons missing except

2. Icons missing in Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons missing in Windows Start Menu: For the last year or so, my icons in my start menu have been missing replaced with an IMG icon?. See below:Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-in-windows-start-menu/588d2030-7366-453c-9676-732fdff5d47b
  3. Icons missing in Windows Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons missing in Windows Start Menu: For the last year or so, my icons in my start menu have been missing replaced with an IMG icon?. See below:Anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-missing-in-windows-start-menu/588d2030-7366-453c-9676-732fdff5d47b
  4. Start menu icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu icons missing: When I search for a program in the start menu, the icons for those programs appear broken, a paper icon. Only programs installed on external hard drive have this issue and not programs installed on C drive....
  5. Missing icons in Start Menu

Missing icons in Start Menu: We use VMWare Dynamic Environment Manager to push our shortcuts to the user's Start Menu. This works fine for 99,9% but sometimes icons are just not shown. It is visible when navigating to %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it is just not visible when clicking...
  6. Missing Windows Icons on Start Menu

Missing Windows Icons on Start Menu: For the past couple of months I've had this error and I've tried resetting the apps that were effected. I did the explorer reset and also deleted all of app local data for the icons. I have a Surfacebook two and I'm guessing this is one of the bugs from updating from one...
  7. Start Menu Icons - Missing

Start Menu Icons - Missing: Ok this is clearly an ongoing problem that Microsft are failing to address, but it needs to be aired. So for ages I have had an issue with or one or two menu icons vanishing from some programs, Google Chrome being the longest running one. But this question is not about any...
  8. Missing Start Menu icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Menu icons.: A lot of my Start Menu icons have recently disappeared. Both tiles and "All Apps" entries. The missing items range from games to Windows features. For example "Windows Accessories" only has three items listed and "Windows Administrative Tools" is missing altogether. The only...
  9. Customized Start Menu Icon Missing

Customized Start Menu Icon Missing: We have a customized start menu pushed out via group policy. Our machines are also built via Audit mode and sysprep so very "cookie cutter" We have one user who reported after an application crash they rebooted the machine and now one of the icons from the pushed start menu...
  10. Start Menu Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Missing: Hi, I searched for this problem in the forum but must of the replies apply to Windows or Desktop icons missing. I'm including an image which I think it explains the problem better As you can see, the menu on the right has three icons (circled in red) that are missing from...