Windows 10: All Microsoft services suspended

Discus and support All Microsoft services suspended in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I booted up this morning to find that Edge, the Mail app, Windows Updates, etc. were working. Rebooted 3 times with no change. Went to Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Draclvr, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Draclvr Win User

All Microsoft services suspended

So, I booted up this morning to find that Edge, the Mail app, Windows Updates, etc. were working. Rebooted 3 times with no change. Went to Task Manager and found things like this... Got no idea what the little green icon means. Shell Experience host is also suspended. I've seen the question asked, but the threads are all several years old. Details.. Any suggestions that are more current that 2017?

1TB SSD with new installation of Windows 10 Pro in March 2019

8 GB RAM

Malwarebytes Premium and Defender come up clean

Ran CCleaner to get rid of cookies and trackers

Still running v. 1803, Updates says my computer is not "ready" whatever that means

Received KB4512509 on 8/26, it rebooted and all was well until I shut down last night and rebooted this morning. I generally shut down every other day.

All Microsoft services suspended f8127785-d2ae-456e-989e-56c18cabac35?upload=true.png

All Microsoft services suspended a483ef12-ac6f-447c-9939-b060ba76ecc5?upload=true.png

:)

Draclvr, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Suspended services

Hi Ian,

Suspended services are services that are currently turned off and is prevented to automatically run. It is different from a disabled service, and suspended services are pretty normal. A services is disabled to reduce loads on your CPU because if every Windows
    Service automatically runs, your PC will slow down. As an example scenario, treat game applications as a service. It does not start unless you start it up. Imagine if a game automatically runs on your PC or phone, and it is in a large number, your device will
    slow down.

Other services are also suspended when it does not meet the requirement for it to start. For example, WiFi Hotspot/Windows Mobile Hotspot service is suspended if your PC does not support WiFi.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Allan Mej, Aug 28, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows indexing service -- 100s of copies of process suspended

Noted you said
    - what made you first notice the problem- how did it become evident?

And do you know of any change around the time this started?

All Microsoft services suspended [​IMG]

Note the option per file type here.

And the option in the properties sheet here.

To index the contents of a given file type, you must have the appropriate ifilter installed for non-default file types to be indexed. (See right hand column, 1st screenshot).
    These are usually installed by the program set as default for that file type.
    Occasionally this can be a problem, particularly with (text based) pdfs.

You can disable content indexing per drive:

Allow File Contents and Properties to be Indexed on a Drive in Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

I suggest it might be worth disabling content indexing for all drives as a test and rebuild the index for a limited number of folders, and do that after a clean boot. I'd also suggest you limit the file types being indexed, in case there's a correlation with that.

I.e. attempt to reach a point where the process is not suspended.

Beyond that, if it's not possible to identify some peculiarity by eliminated 3rd party programs and what is being indexed, I'd suggest trying an in-place upgrade repair install which keeps programs and data and most settings.

Noted you are on 1803, which I'm avoiding for now. There's always the possibility this is some quirk in 1803, but I've not seen another report- but then, it may be people haven't noticed it.

dalchina, Aug 28, 2019
  4. zestron Win User

Suspended services

Resource monitor on my new computer is showing a number of services as being 'suspended'. These include SearchUI.exe, backgroundTaskHost.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe, RemindersServer.exe as well as XECurrency.exe. I've tried to resolve this issue with
    a clean startup but the 'problem' persists. I'd appreciate advice/comments on this issue. Thanks, Ian

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

zestron, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. All Microsoft services suspended - Similar Threads - Microsoft services suspended

2. Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended: My Microsoft rewards account has been suspended for a quite a long time, around a month. It says this every time: Your account is restricted at present as your recent activity is indicative of a potential breach of the Microsoft Rewards terms of service.  We strongly urge you...
  3. Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended: My Microsoft rewards account has been suspended for a quite a long time, around a month. It says this every time: Your account is restricted at present as your recent activity is indicative of a potential breach of the Microsoft Rewards terms of service.  We strongly urge you...
  4. Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microsoft account was suspended

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My microsoft account was suspended: i want to enable my microsoft account as it was suspended for some reason today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-account-was-suspended/04c01ed0-1e0b-459c-9205-8db511260440
  6. Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Rewards Account Suspended: Hi, after 9 days, I still did not receive the gift cards. When I checked the Microsoft rewards account, I saw that it has been SUSPENDED! After checking the services agreement and finding that I followed all the requirements. Is there anything I can do to get my rewards to...
  7. How to Enable all Microsoft services?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Enable all Microsoft services?: How do I enable all services if I have disabled them all including Microsoft services and shut down the computer? I disable all services including services and shut down the computer. Now i can nit even sign in my pc. As far i can see, the wifi logins are also gone. All...
  8. All Microsoft Related Services Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Microsoft Related Services Inaccessible: I've been dealing with this issue for about a year now and it annoys me that there doesn't appear to be any sort of solution out there. Last year, I purchased a Samsung 2.5" SSD to replace my mechanical hard drive, the HDD which in this case was my C drive, and ever since I...
  9. Microsoft EDGE suspended

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft EDGE suspended: I used this browser last night and today it no longer works. How did it get suspended and how do I fix it? All my bill accounts are bookmarked there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-suspended/def8f875-3cbe-41fa-9d4b-68eeb13cdc02
  10. Sign in with Microsoft account suspended

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in with Microsoft account suspended: I can't sign in with a Microsoft, it is disabled when i click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the link goes grey when I click it and nothing happens. I also can't sign in to the Mail app for the same reason. When I click Add account the same thing just happens...