Windows 10: ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu

Discus and support ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rixto003, Oct 23, 2014.

1. rixto003 Win User

ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu

Hello!

Is there any ways how to put "Show Desktop" back to ALT + TAB? It's the biggest annoyance I have had on Win 10 so far that I can't minimize all my crap and switch to desktop with ALT+TAB (got to use WINKEY + D)

Also any ideas how to get charms menu to appear from left and right corners again? Kinda miss that too.

:)

rixto003, Oct 23, 2014

2. Desktop flashes, taskbar & menu frozen

What does that mean? Once? Repeatedly?

Except for that symptom what I have found useful for "stuck Start" is Task View (i.e., Win-Tab or swipe from the left -- assuming there are tasks to show there of course.) Alternatively, try creating another Desktop (e.g. press Win-Ctrl-d) and see if you
    have better luck in there with it. Use Ctrl-Esc if you think the Win- key is getting overloaded or ignored somehow.

FWIW sometimes Task View (as well as Alt-Tab) takes an inexplicably long time to show, so be patient and don't try to add to its queue of commands. Since pressing and holding Alt- can get tiring I prefer Task View to the Alt-Tab view. ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 23, 2014
  3. lacrumb Win User
    how do i alt tab into desktop?

Windows key + x + d

Holding the Windows key and x gives you the alternate menu that you can also get by right clicking on the windows icon on the task bar. On the menu when using the Windows key +x the underlined letters on the menu can be used to go there.

lacrumb, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Pendaws Win User
    Too Windows 8 for me. *Biggrin

Pendaws, Oct 23, 2014
  6. rixto003 Win User
    I already know that... But when I'm already in bed then I don't feel like taking my keyboard to my bed with me *Sad

rixto003, Oct 23, 2014
  7. Have you tried shake? Grab a window and shake it left & right to clear the clutter

You might try ticking the Use Peek to preview .... Show Desktop button on the Taskbar Properties.

Charms on the right side are not active for now - they might come back, but a lot of effort has been made to put the "charms bar" feature onto the Modern apps ... toolbar (... is the toolbar)

I'm a little confused though. Your original post asks about Alt+Tab and desktop, but your reply to Brink's WinKey+C for charms mentions not wanting to use the keyboard.

While not as convenient, there is the on-screen keyboard.

Do you have a touch screen?

Slartybart, Oct 27, 2014
  8. rixto003 Win User

I want ALT+TAB to be able to switch to desktop (obviously with keyboard) and shake is kinda useless with full screen applications.

I use charms menu mostly when already in bed and don't feel like getting my keyboard (it's easier to change screen brightness from there)

But for now I switched back to Windows 7 (Switched from HDD to SSD, cloned windows partition to SSD, a week later moved SSD from PC to laptop, lost my windows 8 and windows 10 install discs, had to install (temporarily I hope) windows 7)

rixto003, Nov 8, 2014
  9. Mystere Win User
    How exactly are you pressing Alt-Tab without a keyboard?

Mystere, Nov 9, 2014
  10. rixto003 Win User
    I don't use ALT+TAB without keyboard. I want ALT+TAB to be able to switch to desktop like it did on previous windowses.
    I used charms menu without keyboard and I want to be able to do it again

rixto003, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. ALT + TAB Show Desktop + Charms menu - Similar Threads - ALT TAB Show

2. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  3. alt + tab not showing edge tabs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt + tab not showing edge tabs: alt + tab not showing edge tabs but in my settings it is selected. how can I solve this problem?changes in regedit did not solve the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-tab-not-showing-edge-tabs/38263121-8782-4afb-b2c1-c8af929ac6da
  4. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  5. Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop not showing when alt+tab but other opened program show: I am facing an issue when i am using other programs and want to shift to desktop and press alt+tab in the thumbnail all other programs show but WDAdesktop shows the grey thumbnail and when switching to it the desktop is unable to show up....
  6. Windows 10 Charms Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Charms Menu: The official Microsoft shortcuts page claims that the combination of the Windows key, Shift and C will open a 'charms menu' but what is the charms menu and does this shortcut still work?...
  7. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  8. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  9. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798