Windows 10: Open Charms in Windows 10

Discus and support Open Charms in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open Charms in Windows 10 How to Open Charms in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open Charms in Windows 10

How to: Open Charms in Windows 10

How to Open Charms in Windows 10

Open Charms in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 9926 released on January 23rd 2015.

Information Windows 10 has the Settings, Devices, Start, Share, and Search charms available. Charms are context sensitive to the location (desktop vs Start screen) and application that is running when opened.

This tutorial will show you how to open the charms to search, share, print, and more in Windows 10.

For more information about Charms, see: Use the charms

Note The charms bar will stay open until you either click/tap on a charm or on an empty area of the screen.

You can also use the up and down arrow keys and Enter to select and open a charm.

Charm Shortcut Keys and Descriptions

Search (Windows+Q) – Search for anything. You can search just the app you're in (like finding a specific message in Mail), search another app (look up something on the Internet), or you can search your entire PC (for an app, setting, or file).

Share (Windows+H) – Share files and info with people you know or send info to another app, without leaving the app you're in. You can email photos to your mom, update your Facebook status, or send a link to your note–taking app.

Start (Windows) – Get to your Start screen. Or if you're already on Start, you can use this charm to go back to the last app you were in.

Devices (Windows+K) – Use all of the devices that are connected to your PC, both wired and wireless. You can print from an app, sync with your phone, or stream your latest home movie to your TV.

Settings (Windows+I) – Change settings for apps and your PC. You'll find settings, help, and info for the app you're in, plus common PC settings—network connection, volume, brightness, notifications, power, and keyboard. These PC settings are the same no matter where you are in Windows, but the app settings are different in every app. You can also change settings for your PC when you select Change PC settings. It's where you change your lock screen picture, manage notifications, and more.

EXAMPLE: Charms in Windows 10

Here's How:

1. Do step 2, 3, 4, or 5 below for how you would like to open the charms.

2. Press the Windows
    + C
    keys.

OR

On PCs with a touchscreen, swipe inward from the right edge of the screen.

OR

4. If you have a touchpad with edge swipes enabled, then swipe inward from the right edge of the touchpad.

OR

5. While you have any modern screen (ex: PC settings) or universal Windows apps (formally called modern apps) open, click/tap on the options
    hamburger-style (three lines) icon. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 31, 2015

2. Where is my Charms bar in Windows 10?

Hi Rifa,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Charms bar is no more available in Windows 10. Ctrl + c is used in Windows 8.1 to open Charms bar where it is used to open Cortana in Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jan 31, 2015
  3. ZacOsmond Win User
    Windows 10 won't let me sign in to my Microsoft Account

The charm bar doesn't open! This is very annoying and I hope windows gets their act together. I have windows 10, by the way.

ZacOsmond, Jan 31, 2015
Thema:

Open Charms in Windows 10

1. Open Charms in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open Charms

2. When ever I open settings it shows a different account and not mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When ever I open settings it shows a different account and not mine: When I open settings I see on the top left that it shows my Microsoft account but it's the wrong account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-i-open-settings-it-shows-a-different/62f28ba6-0540-46ca-a3a4-784b202dda47
  3. When ever I open settings it shows a different account and not mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When ever I open settings it shows a different account and not mine: When I open settings I see on the top left that it shows my Microsoft account but it's the wrong account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-ever-i-open-settings-it-shows-a-different/62f28ba6-0540-46ca-a3a4-784b202dda47
  4. When ever I open settings it shows a different account and not mine

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  6. Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them

Apps and games cant open correctly and cant reinstall them or fix them: So, when I started to click Spotify on my computer it just wouldn't open. I uninstalled it from the control panel and tried to install it again but the Spotify setup won't work or open. Same thing with apps like Roblox. I uninstalled my Roblox too since I can't seem to open...
  7. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...
  8. Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues

Windows 11 Security won't open, other persistent issues: For weeks, if not months now, Windows Security has been misbehaving on my Nov '23 Surface Pro 9. Sometimes, usually shortly after startup, everything's fine, Security has its icon in the systray, and it's accessibe.But very often, the Security icon stops responding after the...
  9. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...
  10. Problem taking ownership / opening locked files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem taking ownership / opening locked files: Hi,I'm having real trouble trying to open the files inside a folder of jpg images. At some point during transferring HDDs from machine to machine, they became inaccessible to me.I have tried all the usual advice of changing ownership in the advanced security settings and have...