Windows 10: Am I controlled by something like Group?

Discus and support Am I controlled by something like Group? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am an independent user of my devices. I find that something like Group is controlling in my Windows Updates. Can I remove this Group so that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by R Sagolsem, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Am I controlled by something like Group?

I am an independent user of my devices. I find that something like Group is controlling in my Windows Updates. Can I remove this Group so that I can automatically update my Windows 10? Please suggest. I don't like to be controlled by any unknown third party.

:)

R Sagolsem, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

regarding windows 10 home group options

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

These may be the below possible reasons of you facing the issue. Please go through the points.

• If a Home group already exists on your network, you'll be asked to join it instead of creating a new one.
    • If your PC belongs to a domain, you can join a home group but you can't create one. You can get to libraries and devices on other home group PCs, but you can't share your own libraries and devices with the home group.
    If both the above scenarios doesn’t imply, then I would suggest you try the below steps.

Steps:

• Switch to an Administrator user account, in case you are not using one.

• Run a Home group Troubleshooter to fix the issue.
    Refer the below steps to run a Home group Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel.

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Home group.

• Click on Advanced on the Home group troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Home group troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 17, 2018
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Am I controlled by something like Group?

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Am I controlled by something like Group?

1. Am I controlled by something like Group? - Similar Threads - controlled something Group

2. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something: it keeps popping up every time i do something in games or writing a message, anything reallyit is this thing on the right side on the screenshot...
  3. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something: it keeps popping up every time i do something in games or writing a message, anything reallyit is this thing on the right side on the screenshot...
  4. something weird like my folder history keeps popping up whenever i am doing something

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. family group accrss control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    family group accrss control: I have been blocked by family group safety feature from browsers other than edge how do I undo this ridiculous mess ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-group-accrss-control/9204f775-7ca4-4b2c-8f22-bb260bd694ba
  6. Am I missing something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Am I missing something?: I tried the new MS Edge, but I was unable to find where to change my home page or default search engine... Did they eliminate that this time around? "We are Microsoft, resistance is futile!" submitted by /u/radrick01 [link] [comments]...
  7. Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?: submitted by /u/10xKnowItAll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is21ud/am_i_missing_something/
  8. I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...: Windows 10, fresh install, I am administrator, no other accounts. I cannot access disk partitioning, user account controls, and probably much more because I apparently don't have control over the computer I paid for with the operating system I paid for. Everything worked...
  9. I am starting to like PWAs!

I am starting to like PWAs!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Talib_Dota [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3qnle/i_am_starting_to_like_pwas/
  10. Bluetooth error or something like that

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth error or something like that: unable to pair a device to pc due to the fct that it already is unpaired so i cant do anything else but wait for help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-error-or-something-like-that/93b63d5e-6586-4eaf-afcc-02f66aeb6e20