Windows 10: AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO...

Discus and support AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Starting about 4 years ago when I received this Dell computer with Windows 7 on it, I seemed to be getting over-whelmed with too much software... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jotaito_DROWNING, Feb 12, 2020.

1. AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO...

Starting about 4 years ago when I received this Dell computer with Windows 7 on it, I seemed to be getting over-whelmed with too much software technology to get anything done that I needed to do. Since then I have up-graded to Windows 10 and rather than things improving, THEY HAVE GOTTEN WORSE. Some aspects of Windows 10 seem good but I feel like I just sort of fell into this tar pit improved and I use this word loosely software that is so broad that I don't think I am even using 10% of what could be used. The "tips" have grown to I think 183 or is it 283?.

Four years ago I sought help with the initial set-up and I think the guy just got tired of helping me understand how to open accounts and create passwords and "PINS" and voice recognition for CORTANA, and account names I think I have at least 2 in OUTLOOK and 1 in one of the other plethora of opportunistic choices. Almost any time I try to get onto one of them, I cannot find a way in i.e. cutting through the security services of PWs, PINS, Codes, etc. Then the guidance for developing suitable names certainly offers unending opportunities for screwing up and losing your data because you need to print it and mail it somewhere like the IRS, for instance.

So when I finally get into the place where I think I have been successful conquering getting past all the guards, I suddenly find there is now something wrong with my PASSWORD and they refer me back to another location where I am screened for the umpteenth time as to who I am and where I am and I have to produce all the info that is already in the machine somewhere in triplicate by now. And then the machine complains that it cannot continue until I prove that I am not a robot or need to come up with yet another PW or PIN until the computer is satisfied with WHO I AM.

And then today I heard the news that the Chinese have just hacked out American system for approximately one-half the personal information in the U.S.!

GIVE ME A BREAK GUYS, WE ARE NO-WHERE NEAR "COMPUTER FRIENDLY" YET.

:)

jotaito_DROWNING, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: Additional steps to help keep personal information secure

Source: Additional steps to help keep your personal information secure - Microsoft on the Issues

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Security Bulletin(s) for December 2018

Security Update Guide > Release Notes
    Release Notes
    December 2018 Security Updates
    Release Date: December 11, 2018

The December security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    • Windows Azure Pack (WAP)
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
    • Starting in March 2017, a delta package will be available on the Microsoft Update Catalog for Windows 10 version 1607 and newer. This delta package contains just the delta changes between the previous month and the current release.
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...0-000d3a33a34d

NICK ADSL UK, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Entegy Win User

AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO...

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO...

1. AM I THE ONLY ONE DROWNING IN TOO MUCH INFORMATION, TOO MUCH SECURITY GUIDANCE AND TOO... - Similar Threads - DROWNING TOO MUCH

2. Too much music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  3. Too much music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much music: My music folder is too big for my 5tb, is there a way to have the same music file on 2 hard drives?Or do I need to get a larger drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-much-music/fe615850-7eaf-4c75-8f94-be13665a5e2d
  4. Too much music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  6. Too much gaming?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much gaming?: Normally I only play a couple hours a day after work. Since I'm on vacation I have a little more time and I've noticed a couple things.... My xbox controller will shut off if I double-tap A and then my AIO fans (Corsair H150i Pro) will ramp up. The temps are stable and the...
  7. Too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much RAM?: Hi, I have a question, it goes like this: My Acer A3 Notebook with Ryzen 5 3500U+8GB RAM+Radeon Vega Graphics, is using 70 % ram but almost no cpu up to 20% when I listen to Roon+ProtonVPN on+Browsing with Chrome. I have many programs installed but not that many I would...
  8. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  9. Too much bass

in Windows 10 Support
    Too much bass: Windows 10 with Headset bass set so high audio is distorted 163464
  10. Too much contact?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Too much contact?: Is it just me, or does it seem like Microsoft has far too many automatic contacts. My wife gets an email every day telling her to change the name of a file that doesn't exist. Every few hours I get a pop up telling me there are issues with my new password. I only changed my...