Windows 10: Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

Discus and support Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification [img] Information Two-step verification uses two ways to verify your identity... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

How to: Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification [​IMG]
    Information Two-step verification uses two ways to verify your identity whenever you sign in to your Microsoft account:
    • Your password
    • An extra security code
    Two-step verification helps protect your account by making it more difficult for a hacker to sign in, even if they've somehow learned your password. If you turn on two-step verification, you'll see an extra page every time you sign in on a device that isn't trusted. The extra page prompts you to enter a security code to sign in. We can send a new security code to your phone or your alternate email address, or you can obtain one through an authenticator app on your smartphone.

If you turn off two-step verification, you won't be prompted for a security code when you sign in to your Microsoft account on a device that isn't trusted.

For more information, see:

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off two-step verification protection for your Microsoft account.

Note Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) or devices (like the Xbox 360, for example) can't prompt you to enter a security code when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. Once you've signed in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device.

You will need to create and sign in with a different app password for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security code.

For how, see:

Create or Remove App Passwords in your Microsoft Account when Two-Step Verification is Turned On

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On Two-step Verification for your Microsoft Account
    • Option Two: To Turn Off Two-step Verification for your Microsoft Account

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On Two-step Verification for your Microsoft Account
    1. Go to your Microsoft account online, and sign in if you are not already.

2. Click/tap on the Security tab, and click/tap on the more security options at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Set up two-step verification link under the Two-step verification section. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

5. Follow any steps that apply to you in the screenshot below, and click/tap on Next.

6. Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn Off Two-step Verification for your Microsoft Account
    1. Go to your Microsoft account online, and sign in if you are not already.

2. Click/tap on the Security tab, and click/tap on the more security options at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Turn off two-step verification link under the Two-step verification section. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Dec 4, 2015
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. DaveM121 Win User
    turn off two-step verification

Hi Holt,

Go to Sign in to your Microsoft account, and sign in with your Microsoft account.

Select more security options

Under Two-step verification, choose turn off two-step verification to turn it off

Follow the instructions from there . . .

DaveM121, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Remove 2-step verification on Skype

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to turn off the two-step verification in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps given in the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Note: If two step verification is turned off, you will have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when there might be a risk to your account security.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification

1. Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification - Similar Threads - Turn Off Microsoft

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to turn off the two step verification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off the two step verification?: Hi everyone, my problem is my account did not log into any browser or phone or anything else. But when I try to log in include in Microsoft Authenticator, I must fill in the code but I even do not log in Authenticator successfully. Can anyone help me please?* Moved from...
  6. How to turn off the two step verification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off the two step verification?: Hi everyone, my problem is my account did not log into any browser or phone or anything else. But when I try to log in include in Microsoft Authenticator, I must fill in the code but I even do not log in Authenticator successfully. Can anyone help me please?* Moved from...
  7. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  8. Turn off two-step verification function is invalid

Turn off two-step verification function is invalid: I have turned off the account two-step verification, but account sign-in still need to verify my identity with security codes. I have read this article how-to-use-two-step-verification but it can't resolve my problem, I hope to disable two-step verification, only need input...
  9. Please help me turn off two-step verification

Please help me turn off two-step verification: I followed all of the Microsoft instructions to 'turn off two-step verification,' yet when I get to the page to turn it off, the option to turn it off is not there! The only option is to turn the verification on, which somehow already happened and I have no idea how or why. I...
  10. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...