Windows 10: "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers

Discus and support "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup: "The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ghostcatcher, Aug 12, 2016.

1. "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers

The following was displayed in 'Automatic Repair' on startup:

"The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors"
    "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b"

I had installed the new windows 10 anniversary update (1607) and after finally sorting out everything to my liking I decided to boot up Radeon Settings to see if there was an update for the driver from AMD.

I was greeted with a message saying that the AMD driver was either missing or wasn't working properly and that I should go to AMD to download and install the correct driver.

Obviously confused as to why it would be missing or had errors I continued to download AMD's auto driver detect tool and ran it.

In the 'checkbox' stage of AMD's auto detect tool I saw that under all the items was a message saying that no version of that item was installed which I found rather weird that the drivers don't exist and the culprit initially points to the windows update I just completed.

I continued with the install and it was at that point when I experienced the BSOD.
    The computer didn't restart after the BSOD so after some waiting I restarted it manually.

It then booted into Automatic Repair and the obvious route after the computer won't start due to the missing or corrupted system driver would be to use a recovery disk or USB.
    Sadly I have neither.
    (I have restore points but obviously can't get to them)

(I can't use the BSOD dump analysing tool for obvious reasons)

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ghostcatcher, Aug 12, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 12, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers :(

oh gawd wat to do ? "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers :)

musum, Aug 12, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

"amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers

Hi GhostCatcher,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

I would need you to get into the troubleshooting options. After 3 failures of boot attempts you should get there automatically.
    In the troubleshooting options, please run Automatic Repair at least 3 times with a reboot between each.
    You may also want to go to the advanced troubleshooting options, open command prompt and enter following command
    Code: chkdsk C: /r[/quote] Run this command also at least 3 times with a reboot between each.

After that, try to boot again and let me know if you can boot succesful *Smile

5. Thanks for the reply! *Smile

Every single time I boot it says:
    'Preparing Automatic Repair'
    Then goes into a screen titled: 'recovery' with the following options:

Press Enter to try again
    Press F8 for Start-up Settings
    Press ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings

(Top one is to retry startup)
    (Second details settings useless to me - Safe Mode and such)
    (Third is bios which is also useless at this moment in time)

These aren't titled 'troubleshooting options' and there is not way to 'run' automatic repair.

I'm sorry if I seem incompetent "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers :p

Ghostcatcher, Aug 13, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Choose F8, disable driver signature enforcement and see if you can boot, else try to boot into safe mode with the startup settings.
    From safe mode we can try a few things.

7. Can't boot with driver signature enforcement disabled and can't boot into Safe Mode *Sad

8. axe0 New Member

9. I could create a recovery media on a USB with another system.

Would I only be using the recovery media to get into 'advanced options' when in 'troubleshoot' or would I have to use the recovery media to reinstall windows and lose all my data?

10. axe0 New Member
    You're going to use the recovery media to see if we can get a solution for your problem. Reinstalling Windows is a last resort.

11. Thanks, I will now create the recovery media and will get back to you when I'm done *Smile

12. I have created and loaded up the recovery USB onto my computer.
    I then opened up Command Prompt in advanced options and ran:
    chkdsk C: r/
    After completion I restarted the computer and it booted up into windows *Biggrin *Smile

Since the BSOD was caused when installing AMD Drivers after bootup of Radeon Settings showed a message (and still does)
    'No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly'

Trying to do the exact same process as last time may cause the same BSOD so my best guess is to use DDU and then install the drivers.
    What do you think?

13. axe0 New Member

14. I decided to use DDU and then try to reinstall the AMD drivers.

DDU successfully completed but during the install of the AMD drivers it said that it couldn't be installed.

After a restart I ended up with the same dialog upon opening of Radeon Settings:

'No AMD Graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly'

Ghostcatcher, Aug 15, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please don't edit a post after a reply from someone else, the changes won't be noticed unless someone goes through the thread.

Could you tell me how you try to install, is this done by simply executing the download or by manual installation?

Thema:

1. "amdkmafd.sys" "0xc000007b" BSOD during install of AMD drivers - Similar Threads - amdkmafd sys 0xc000007b

2. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  3. rt640x64.sys bsod during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rt640x64.sys bsod during setup: hello everyonewhen I try installing windows 11 it BSOD mid-setup when it reaches “Starting Services”Error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALWhat failed: rt640x64.sysif anybody can help thanks!...
  4. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  5. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  6. Bsod and 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod and 0xc000007b: My computer has been running smoothly and nothing was wrong with it but it suddenly turned to a blue screen of death with 0xc000007b error code and i cant move m curser and my keyboard was doing nothing. Is there a solution to this? Thank you...
  7. BSOD during WIFI driver installation

BSOD during WIFI driver installation: Hello, I am running into a problem every time i try to install my WIFI driver, i'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 3567 i5-7200U CPU 8GB DDR4 RAM AMD R5 M330 GPU Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD up-to-date BIOS, firmware and drivers running a freshly installed windows 10 1909 and minimal...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver

BSOD L1C63x64.sys driver: Hi, I am getting BSODs and the error message it gives is: Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) I believe that is the Qualcomm Atheros Network driver, but mine is up to date to the last Windows8 compatible driver on the Atheros website. This leads me to believe...
  9. BSOD installing AMD graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD installing AMD graphics driver: Hi, I have been facing this problem for a couple months now. Whenever I try to install AMD Graphics driver, my system crashes. Can someone suggest a solution for this? Thanks in advance!! 81179
  10. BSOD during display driver install...

BSOD during display driver install...: Lenovo Laptop T530 (I5-3210M 2.5G 4GB 500GB 15.6IN DVDRW W10P 64BIT) - upgraded from Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit. This is one of three identical laptops in my office (other two are still on Win7). No external displays being recognized through VGA display...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amdkmafd.sys repair

2. Amdkmpfd.sys error 0xc000007b

3. status 0xc000007b boot amd driver

4. windows cannot boot missing amdkmpfd.sys,
  5. windows system32 drivers amdkmpfd.sys,
  6. error code 0xc000007b amdkmpfd.sys,
  7. windows 0xc0000007b amdkmpfd. Sys,
  8. amdkmafd.sys lenovo,
  9. Driver Management concluded the process to install driver amdkmafd,
  10. amdkmafd,