Windows 10: Anniversary update still not received

Discus and support Anniversary update still not received in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SirRickie, Nov 29, 2016.

1. SirRickie Win User

Anniversary update still not received

I still haven't received the automatic Anniversary update. If I download the update from support.microsoft, it always stops around 70 % with the notification "page fault in nonpaged area", and system returns to version 1511. What can I do ? Because I can't install it, I'm afraid that I will not be able to install future large updates either. Is it ? Tnx for reply.

:)

SirRickie, Nov 29, 2016
  2. DODFan Win User

I received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my desktop last week, but still have not received it on my laptop

Original title: Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

I received the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my desktop last week, but still have not received it on my laptop or on my husbands laptop. Are they being staggered?

DODFan, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 I still haven't received Anniversary update

Hi,

Windows 10 Anniversary update will be available to you, since there are a lot of users all over the world it make some time to reach all the users. We recommend you to be patient and wait for the update.

However, if you wish to install the Anniversary update manually you can refer the article in the link below.

How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Windows Experience Blog

You may also click on the link below and manually install the update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 29, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Separate the process.

Manually download it using MS media creation tool and create a bootable medium. (DVD or flash drive).
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

That's just a download.

It's a good idea to keep the bootable installation medium as it can be used for a variety of repairs.

Before you try updating, as some people have had major problems, do yourself a huge favour and create a disk image (e.g. using Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for the image.

If sthg goes badly wrong, you can restore your PC. (System restore points are completely irrelevant here).

Using disk imaging is very very strongly advised as it can help you recover quickly even if your disk fails.

Also check your disk before you start:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

When upgrading, disconnect anything unnecessary.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2016
  5. Superfly Win User
    Windows Update has been flaky since Win 8... use the direct downloads (agree w/ dalchina), be it AU or CU...

I think it's the way WU uses resources that's the issue... like System Reserved etc... dunno what the non-paged error refers to tho'... could be memory related.

Superfly, Nov 29, 2016
  6. SirRickie Win User
    If I don't do the direct download,
    - do you think it is still possible that I receive the automatic update someday ? Or is it too late now ? Feel like completely abandoned by MS. *Sad
    - do you think I will have problems in installing future updates (if I don't have the AU).
    Tnx

SirRickie, Nov 29, 2016
  7. Superfly Win User
    Don't worry about updates or AU .. all builds are individually supported.

Superfly, Nov 29, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Although MS started delivery in early August, this was to be phased into November, if I recall. Some who had early bad experiences - there have been major updates since- would have been happier to have received it later.

After you've got build 1607, expect a further large update (several 100Mb).

dalchina, Nov 29, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    'Page Fault in non-paged area' is a BSOD error message. This thread solved it with a BIOS update.
    https://www.tenforums.com/installatio...s-10-home.html

Good advice, as older drivers can cause a BSOD too. Did your BSOD also give a driver name?

In the 'disconnect anything unnecessary' category, include non-MS AVs too. Some have been implicated in 'problem' upgrades.

10. SirRickie Win User
    No, it give no driver name.

SirRickie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary update still not received - Similar Threads - Anniversary update still

2. Still I can't receive windoes 11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still I can't receive windoes 11 update.: Till some devices are not recivng windows11 update.my pc still in windows 10. windows10 is active but not reciving update for windows 11.original windows are install when i pirchase lisence key are install by me.please help me to upgrade to windows11. thank you....
  3. Still receiving BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still receiving BSOD: When I play Ark survival I get BSOD and system freezing with no BSOD. In my event logs I see error volmgr events with ID's of 45 and 46 each time I boot or reboot my system. I have tried to resolve it rebooted with event error each time I reboot. I do not have any thing...
  4. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  5. Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Driver controls still a mess in Anniversary Update - gpedit ignored: I'll reluctantly accept automatic Windows updates, but having it mess with drivers is unacceptable. I'm sick of having to use the Configure Automatic Updates: Notify to download and notify to install setting + wushowhide tool just to prevent indiscriminate installation of...
  6. Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update

Can't receive any Windows updates after Anniversary Update: So I have been having an issue with the anniversary update for a while now. Every time I try run windows updates, I get the error "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you are connected to...
  7. Still haven't received November's big update.

Still haven't received November's big update.: Other machines are all updated but this computer is not seeing it. Thanks SD 33299
  8. Still waiting for the Anniversary update

Still waiting for the Anniversary update: Hi, After multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the Anniversary update (including from an ISO file), Windows Update has now stopped proposing this update. It continues to regularly update version 1511 (e.g. I got a Flash Player update yesterday) but nothing related to...
  9. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  10. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115