Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

Discus and support Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I normally leave this on, but for some reason, it was not checked. In trying to find the setting, I discovered that my control panel link is no where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Kari Win User

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile

Some tutorials to show Control Panel:
    Hidden items ON / OFF can also be found in File Explorer's View tab:

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile [​IMG]

2. Well, it looks like I was a little too impatient when I posted this and eventually the update downloaded and installed fine without any issues.

rogerwilco91, Nov 3, 2016
  3. badrobot Win User
    I didn't have to wait for long this time around...

badrobot, Nov 4, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

I had to clean install 14393 on vmware and enable fast insider circle but its still not updating to 14959 for me.

swarfega, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Nov 4, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    Edge wants to crash a lot in this build. It's crashed four times tonight. It happens when I click on a link. I reported it in the Feedback.

Winuser, Nov 4, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    Not a single issue with Edge which is my main (and almost only) browser, although I have to admit that as I do not use any add-ons on any browser except now Office Online extension with Edge, that might be a contributing factor.

Even the Copy link works now (right click a link, select Copy link), this must be first build of Edge it's working.

8. Winuser Win User

I only use two extensions. I'll disable them and see what happens. My last crash was about six minutes ago. If not I'll go back to using Pale Moon for awhile.

Winuser, Nov 4, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    Edge just crashed again. I'm back to using Pale Moon until this gets fixed.

Winuser, Nov 4, 2016
  10. Wynona Win User
    That's a shame, Magilla. I have my lappy that I set 14393 up on, changed it to Insider last night and it's downloading now.

Wynona, Nov 4, 2016
  11. magilla Win User
    Thanks for your response. Finally downloaded both laptop and desktop and both seem to like this version.
    Wynona, how is your daughter doing? I remembered both you and your daughter in my prayers today. Hope she is progressing. Take care of yourself, too.

magilla, Nov 4, 2016
  12. dencal Win User
    Edge has been much slower in earlier releases than either IE or Chrome, that is until now, I am impressed with this latest iteration.
    You are unfortunate with Edge crashing, I have not had a single problem, even with extensions installed.

dencal, Nov 4, 2016
  13. Wynona Win User

Lappy likes this Build too. *Smile Except for this:

I don't understand what it is.

Daughter's doing fine. Staples come out Monday!

Wynona, Nov 4, 2016
  14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

The issue is caused by Logitech's download assistant.
    You can disable it in Task Manager > Startup if you like.
    Furthermore if you have Ccleaner installed you can delete the entry in Tools > Startup.

Or else, using Regedit.exe:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Delete the Logitech Download Assistant key.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Nov 4, 2016
  15. martyfelker, Nov 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14959 for PC and Mobile - Similar Threads - Announcing Insider Preview

2. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are excited to be releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. What’s new in Build 14946 Customizing your precision...
  3. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15063 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date UPDATE 3/30: Today we are moving Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring...
  4. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14388 for PC and Mobile: UPDATE: July 15th 2016 Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Hello my Windows Insiders! I’m at the Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) this week to meet partners and customers to understand the needs of their businesses...
  5. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14376 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Since you all seemed to like the breakneck build pace last week, we’re starting the week off right and releasing not one, not two, not three…but *four* builds today. Today we are releasing Build...
  6. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328 for PC and Mobile: 14328 is coming down the pipe right now! down loading now. 48094
  7. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14295 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. In addition to devices that shipped with Windows 10 such as the Lumia 550, 650,...
  8. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14951 for PC and Mobile: Update: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] *** Edit 2016.10.20 - 6:10PM *** THANK YOU to all the Windows Insiders who have provided us feedback on getting stuck at 0% while trying to download Build 14951 on their devices. We have narrowed this down to a new...
  9. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14385 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello my Windows Insiders! Surprise! Today we are releasing Build 14385 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. But wait – it’s the weekend!? We’re churning out builds like crazy and this one has a few...
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hi everyone, Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for both PC and Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. There are some very cool new things in this build, including one of the top requested...