Windows 10: Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install

Discus and support Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am installing Windows 10 IoT 1809 with an AutoUnattend.xml which installs the OS and my application successfully However when I try to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dtorg, May 21, 2020 at 12:52 PM.

1. dtorg Win User

Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install

I am installing Windows 10 IoT 1809 with an AutoUnattend.xml which installs the OS and my application successfully However when I try to set FolderLocations to D:\ProgramData and d:\Users I get an error dialog "Why did my PC restart". When I click next it just returns to this dialog.

Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install [​IMG]

:)

2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

3. WMPlayer win32 error

List the EXACT "blah, blah" you mention, here please... for ALL installation cases!

(Sound like a possible "DLL-Hell" issue, but "Windows File Protection" &/or "System File Protection" should have countered for this... no biggie, there's ways around that too!)

*Smile Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install :)

* I have to 'step-out' now, but imo, this is the track to pursue here, & we will when I get back... so, please list that data I request!

APK

4. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

Thema:

1. Answer file with FolderLocations set generates an error upon install - Similar Threads - Answer file FolderLocations

2. Windows not generating dump files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not generating dump files: I've been getting the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION in gaming for a while now and I've tried so many things to fix it but no luck. There aren't any dump files to look at either. I turned on auto restart, changed automatic dump to small, kernal and then back to automatic because...
  3. Whiteboard for web generates error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whiteboard for web generates error: Dear all I have a recurring Teams meeting setup in the past. Now if I access the meeting link and want to open Whiteboard for web within Teams I get this error; An error occurred while processing your request We could not find the content requested I suppose that means...
  4. Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Oobe install windows 10 ent. Ltsc with answer file: Hi everybody, I'm new in the forum, and hope you can help me! I've been using an automatic deploy automation for the images of the computers we install in the machines we build, with windows 7. I used an answer file created with windows aik, and worked perfectly for years...
  5. Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings: I downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise 1904 x64 (English) from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site. I am trying to create a USB drive that will select Enterprise as the version, wipe and partition the drive, answer the license agreement and then install Windows 10 and use the...
  6. error logfile generated on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    error logfile generated on desktop: This logfile.txt keeps reappearing on my win 10 desktop. Tried tweaking windows repair and cc cleaner. Both have NOT helped. Almost brand new laptop. Any ideas? In windows logs I see an error for DistributedCOM but have read this is painful to fix.. The application-specific...
  7. error code Error 0xc1900104 upon failure of an update install.

error code Error 0xc1900104 upon failure of an update install.: I was receiving a Windows 10 (Insider's ) update, The message read as follows : the update failed, no other explanation given code : Error 0xc1900104,...
  8. Write Answer in a PDF-file:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write Answer in a PDF-file:: Why can I not Write answers in a PDF-document? I have received a dokument where I have to answer questions and reply. But - I cannot write the answers in the dokument. It only turns blue - Why??? What shall I do to make it work? It is an important dokument.... Thank...
  9. How to add setting Support and Protection to answer file

How to add setting Support and Protection to answer file: In the Win10 1803 installation setup wizard, there is a Services page is for Support and Protection, to configure your support, protection and communication preferences. Need enter username , region and email address, and next page to confirm my information is correct....
  10. Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install

Answers file doesn't seem to trigger a complete silent install: Hello, 1. I have created a Windows 10 Image in audit mode by press CTRL SHIFT F3 2. I then done a few group policy options and ran sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:C\windows\system32\sysprep\customize.xml 3. Loaded Windows PE and ran imagex /capture...