Windows 10: Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

Discus and support Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether. Cheers jimbo 108605 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer

Hi folks
    I find the quick access displays in File explorer mega annoying -- any way to hide it or better disable it altogether.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 22, 2018
  2. Wiedźmin Win User
    Wiedźmin, Apr 22, 2018
  3. Disable "Quick Access"

To disable Quick Access without breaking drag-drop support, try the edit here:

How To Remove Quick Access, Folders (6) And Other Shell Folders From File Explorer?:

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/remove-quick-access-other-shell-folders-file-explorer/

Note that this disables Quick Access functionality, but the Quick Access star icon would be still present, but dimmed and non-expandable. My edit sets the quick access shell folder DWORD to 88000.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 22, 2018
  4. RickC Win User

RickC, Apr 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Any way to disable / Hide Quick Access in File explorer - Similar Threads - disable Hide Quick

2. How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access

in Windows 10 News
    How to hide files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access: [ATTACH]All your recently opened files and folders, including pinned folders, appear under the Quick Access location. The same holds true for office online files but if you do not want to show files from Office Online in Explorer Quick Access, you can change this behavior and...
  3. Quick Access in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer: For some reason my Quick Access in File Explorer stopped working about a week ago. It does not display pinned folders any more. It does show recent files. When I try to pin anything to it it says that the folder already exists. I only had 4 or 5 folders pinned but it gives me...
  4. File Explorer Quick Access

File Explorer Quick Access: I have pinned a folder to quick access, file explorer. Folder shows, no problems. I shut my machine down at the end of the day. When I restart and go into file explorer, the folder I pinned to quick access is not there. I have tried various solutions on-line and community...
  5. Is there a way to replace Quick Access with Favourites in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to replace Quick Access with Favourites in File Explorer?: Quick Access sucks majorly, it is a direct downgrade in functionality. Several links (network links specifically) that work fine on previous systems (Win 7 or 8) stopped working on Win 10, I cannot drop files into them anymore in Quick Access. Any way to change it back? Or...
  6. Is there any way of hiding this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way of hiding this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ovelgoose04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqcepi/is_there_any_way_of_hiding_this/
  7. In File Explorer Quick Access

In File Explorer Quick Access: Listed is old Firefox > ylzp0n7i.default Is that OK or should I delete? Also, I get a lot of cookies and I enabled block 3rd party cookies Thank you for your anticipated help...
  8. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  9. Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?

Is there any way to disable the "contextual tabs" in File Explorer?: I would like to disable the "contextual tabs" in file explorer - the ones that turn pink/green/yellow when clicking on an item and changing to things like "Picture tools", "Video tools", "Compressed Folder Tools", "Drive Tools", etc. I find these tabs very distracting and I...
  10. Hide Quick Access Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Quick Access Option: Is there a way to hide the "Quick Access" in Windows Explorer? Just curious. I know I can hide things from there in options but I wanted to see if I could get rid of it altogether. Thanks 53011