Windows 10: any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?

Discus and support any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password. I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Anmev, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Anmev Win User

any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting?

Team, i have been looking for a way to reset my kids password.

I had only used that account for xbox profile as she is pretty young to use it anywhere else.

all the forums only mention about using recovery form to rest password.. which is total BS form as there are so many fields where I do not have answer too.

being a parent, is there no easy way to reset the pwd?

I have seen the below reply to use the recovery form :: but its of no use if you do not have the details. I have not used this accoutn for anything except xbox. i entered the xbox live id and still didnt work... what are my other options?

-------------- ..--------------------

Assuming you have already tried resetting the password from account.live.com, I don’t wish to suggest you with the same option. I would suggest you to refer the article Recover your Microsoft Account and also refer the section Tips for filling out the recovery form to recover the issue account. ------------------

:)

Anmev, Sep 1, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Family Safety weekly report being CC'd to my children

Hi,

As the information of Family Safety Report are going to children by default, we would like you to do a refresh on the child account and see if the issue persists.

To remove/re-add a child account, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Family Safety using the parent account.

2. Click Manage list of Family Members.

3. Select the child account, and then click Remove. Click Remove to confirm.

Please refer the below link on removal or turn off the family features:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq

After troubleshooting, we would suggest you to add the children account. The reports will not be CC to children.

The below link will help you to add your children's account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

For more information on Family Safety Account on Windows 10, please refer to the below link:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue still persist, we would suggest to write back to us with the results for the above steps provided, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

Kari, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. any way to reset children's password in the MS family setting? - Similar Threads - reset children's password

2. Cannot add children to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  3. Cannot add children to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  4. Cannot add children to family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset children account password

Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  6. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  7. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgot password to admin account, is there any way to reset it?: So I haven't used my laptop in a while and have 2 accounts on it - one as administrator and the other is a general account. I forgot the password to the admin account and I'm not able to download any apps (from the general account) or anything without the admin's permission....
  9. Children able to leave Family!? Makes family pointless!

Children able to leave Family!? Makes family pointless!: Children do not need parents consent to have a Microsoft Account in certain countries.. They do not need to lie about their age. They still have a "Child" account. But need to be invited to family. And therefore need to accept in email.. therefore they also get the same email...
  10. Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?

Is there any way to responsibly manage small children in Windows now?: I am getting really close to replacing Windows with some half-baked Linux distribution. I have small children, and I am insanely frustrated at how difficult it is to set up a Windows machine in a responsible way for them to use. I have removed Windows Store via Powershell,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family reset child password

2. kids password microsoft familyreset