Windows 10: Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help.

Discus and support Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Please excuse me if this website doesn't support tweaking with system files] I've done editing the aero.theme in the themes folder. Did exactly what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Prithvi Win User

Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help.

[Please excuse me if this website doesn't support tweaking with system files]
    I've done editing the aero.theme in the themes folder. Did exactly what was said in a few websites(trusted). But no matter what it doesn't change the color. *Sad Also I tried a freeware to get the dark theme enabled. It did change the color of the settings, network and a few other windows' borders but the explorer's. :'(( Now I'm back to the same old eye-killing bright white borders everywhere. I didn't mess up any system files in the process as I had backups of everything prepared....so.... If any one has a solution, I'd be so grateful.
    **Its a Windows 10 Home Build 10240.

:)

Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015
  2. babynurse---01 Win User

Application Manager... Please help!

Hi,

So, I've been using the OVI PC suite for over a year and never really had any major problems but the application manager is being a pain in the backside, at the moment! Wanted to add some themes to my phone but it won't load. It's visible in
    the task bar and hasn't crashed but whenever I click on the window nothing happens. I've reset my laptop about three million times and it still won't work.

Would appreciate any suggestions (stuck on a night shift and bored, bored, bored) cos technology really isn't my thing!

Thanks,

Kay x

babynurse---01, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sudhanshu Shekhar Win User
    Windows 10 white tltle bars

I have liked windows 10 this far ,

but those colorless white title bars make the screen really dull and boring .

Any way to get rid of em?

Sudhanshu Shekhar, Aug 2, 2015
  4. MortTheBeast Win User

Try Googling Licorice for Windows 10... should bring back results for the site Deviant Art. I downloaded that and installed it and was then able to go into Personalization > Colors > Choose A Color (turn off Automatically pick an accent color) and manually pick what ya want and that colors most title bars and borders.

MortTheBeast, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hey there Prithvi :

Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Check this tutorial out:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Prithvi Win User
    Thanks a lot for both the replies. But I've tried them out before. In fact, that's EXACTLY what I've done. In addition, I even tried to use 3rd party themes using UxStyle. In that process, the titlebars got really messed up with all kinds distorted buttons everywhere. Hopefully, I restored everything back to normal. Back to white again. :'( I remember using Aerolite theme some 3 days ago, it worked. But now even that wont work.

Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015
  7. MortTheBeast Win User
    I tried AeroLite that you recommended Edwin, but it makes the window taskbar button titles too dark and unreadable. The one I suggested is basically the same thing but maintains the white text in taskbar buttons.

8. Edwin New Member

Yeah......,
    With or without UXStyle?

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  9. MortTheBeast Win User
    I would have to say without, as I never heard of UXStyle. I assume with it, the titles are white... though this one works without running anything extra.

10. Prithvi Win User
    Since, everything seems to be working with MortTheBeast's method, without even using UxStyle, and I'm out of all options here, I guess I'll just do a Reset(I DID screw something up unknowingly!? *sarc *Sad ) and see if that helps. I'm guessing that would surely fix it. Takes some time but, not more than my hatred for those plain borders *Mad. Thanks again for your quick replies, MortTheBeast & Edwin. *Smile

Good Bye.

Prithvi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help. - Similar Threads - ways change boring

2. HELP Is there any way to copy a tweaked sound scheme

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP Is there any way to copy a tweaked sound scheme: I have my desktop sounds customized just perfect for me. Is there any way I can copy the saved sound scheme file I saved under the name "Preferred" to another computer. Yes, I will make sure those same sounds get put into the media file so they are available. I just want the...
  3. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there someway to change titlebar text color?: Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had. 14676
  4. Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color?

Any Way to Change Notepad Background Color?: Any way to change the background color of Notepad from white to black and text to white? 98563
  5. Any way to change to the classic taskbar menus?

Any way to change to the classic taskbar menus?: Is there any way to change from the new "modern" taskbar menus... [img] to the classic one? [img] 13940
  6. BSOD - win32kbase.sys any help please?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - win32kbase.sys any help please?: Hi I've tried to get the debugger myself but the symbols are not loading from the MS server, could someone read the dmp file and help me with the issue I have? I've just bought an i5 XPS 13 ultrabook, when playing simple games the laptop intermittently crashes. I think its...
  7. Any help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any help please: I can`t open mypresentation. I`ve got windows 7 if it helps you anyhow. Here is the errortext. “PowerPoint cannot open the type of file represented by job.ppt” 39182
  8. Windows 10 Boot White Flashing screen - HELP Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot White Flashing screen - HELP Please: My operating system : - AMD A12 - Lenovo Ideapad 310 - Ram 8 - Radeon R7 + R8 The problem is : When i starting windows i always get boot white flashing screen and become black, i must restart windows to get normal booting again. But, sometime i can get twice or many....
  9. Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Any way to return to my enterprise version without any change?: HI about one month ago, i updated my windows 10 enterprise. but then i saw it is upgrading to 10 pro, which i absolutely didnt want. but after upgrade my windows is so messed up: my bluetooth is gone, i cant make any program as default, my new laptop's speed is very low,...
  10. Changing format help please

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing format help please: How do I change the format of my forums? Every single one has changed format since I changed over to WIN10. My WIN7 PC died so I cannot give an example of how it looked before but it was more like a table than a spreadsheet. [img] Lots of thanks in advance *Smile 29542