Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help.

Discus and support Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [Please excuse me if this website doesn't support tweaking with system files] I've done editing the aero.theme in the themes folder. Did exactly what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Prithvi Win User

[Please excuse me if this website doesn't support tweaking with system files]
    I've done editing the aero.theme in the themes folder. Did exactly what was said in a few websites(trusted). But no matter what it doesn't change the color. *Sad Also I tried a freeware to get the dark theme enabled. It did change the color of the settings, network and a few other windows' borders but the explorer's. :'(( Now I'm back to the same old eye-killing bright white borders everywhere. I didn't mess up any system files in the process as I had backups of everything prepared....so.... If any one has a solution, I'd be so grateful.
    **Its a Windows 10 Home Build 10240.

:)

Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015
  2. babynurse---01 Win User

Application Manager... Please help!

Hi,

So, I've been using the OVI PC suite for over a year and never really had any major problems but the application manager is being a pain in the backside, at the moment! Wanted to add some themes to my phone but it won't load. It's visible in
    the task bar and hasn't crashed but whenever I click on the window nothing happens. I've reset my laptop about three million times and it still won't work.

Would appreciate any suggestions (stuck on a night shift and bored, bored, bored) cos technology really isn't my thing!

Thanks,

Kay x

babynurse---01, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sudhanshu Shekhar Win User
    Windows 10 white tltle bars

I have liked windows 10 this far ,

but those colorless white title bars make the screen really dull and boring .

Any way to get rid of em?

Sudhanshu Shekhar, Aug 2, 2015
  4. MortTheBeast Win User

Try Googling Licorice for Windows 10... should bring back results for the site Deviant Art. I downloaded that and installed it and was then able to go into Personalization > Colors > Choose A Color (turn off Automatically pick an accent color) and manually pick what ya want and that colors most title bars and borders.

MortTheBeast, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hey there Prithvi :

Welcome to tenforums.com! *Smile

Check this tutorial out:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  6. Prithvi Win User
    Thanks a lot for both the replies. But I've tried them out before. In fact, that's EXACTLY what I've done. In addition, I even tried to use 3rd party themes using UxStyle. In that process, the titlebars got really messed up with all kinds distorted buttons everywhere. Hopefully, I restored everything back to normal. Back to white again. :'( I remember using Aerolite theme some 3 days ago, it worked. But now even that wont work.

Prithvi, Aug 2, 2015
  7. MortTheBeast Win User
    I tried AeroLite that you recommended Edwin, but it makes the window taskbar button titles too dark and unreadable. The one I suggested is basically the same thing but maintains the white text in taskbar buttons.

8. Edwin New Member

Yeah......,
    With or without UXStyle?

Edwin, Aug 2, 2015
  9. MortTheBeast Win User
    I would have to say without, as I never heard of UXStyle. I assume with it, the titles are white... though this one works without running anything extra.

10. Prithvi Win User
    Since, everything seems to be working with MortTheBeast's method, without even using UxStyle, and I'm out of all options here, I guess I'll just do a Reset(I DID screw something up unknowingly!? *sarc *Sad ) and see if that helps. I'm guessing that would surely fix it. Takes some time but, not more than my hatred for those plain borders *Mad. Thanks again for your quick replies, MortTheBeast & Edwin. *Smile

Good Bye.

Prithvi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Any ways to change the boring white titlebars?! Please help. - Similar Threads - ways change boring

2. Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mobile Sharepoint online Color Change: Hi. My clients use their iPAD and iPhone a lot and right now the various Communication sites in Sharepoint Online I have created are all uniform on the desktop but on mobile the background show up as a wide range of colors (pink, purple, green and there seems to be no...
  3. Windows 10 language change to complete English

Windows 10 language change to complete English: Hey! So I bought a computer with pre installed Windows 10 and it had local language set up as default. Of course I changed the language immediately to Enlgish as it is the one I prefer and comprehend best. Unfortunately some of the programs and microsoft applications are...
  4. New way to find useful information fast on Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New way to find useful information fast on Google Search: Imagine you’re remodeling your kitchen, and you want information about how quartz compares to granite for your new countertops. Sure, Google can tell you what quartz and granite are, but that’s perhaps not what you had in mind. Chances are you’re hoping to learn more about...
  5. Cannot connect any computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect any computers: Ref. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/pc-to-pc-network-credentials/910a8184-739d-48ae-bf68-40e8e1dbe22b I still cannot connect to my other computers running the same domain on Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228] Does not...
  6. User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed

User's account no help to me/I would be very grateful for help getting burned out needs fixed: Some how my User account has no permissions I probably did it or could have been update doesn't matter now.going to try my best to explain have aq error 0x80070425 that means credentials is disabled can not get it going without administrator rights I no longer have any guess...
  7. change network type from public to private in win 10

change network type from public to private in win 10: my home wifi is set to public. i want to change it to private but i cant find any options to do it even after searching the internet for solutions. please help...
  8. How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent changes to Windows 10 updates setting by Microsoft?: I have two bat files in Task Manager to control the updates to a specific time period when downloads are not metered by my ISP. Lately during updates Microsoft has been turning off the bat file and resetting the update to happen any time, usually during the day when my data...
  9. help me get my e-mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me get my e-mail: I cannot access my e-mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/help-me-get-my-e-mail/57df1ee6-9e0e-481b-be54-b503abfa5589
  10. High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Disk Usage When Opening Any Programs: I am experiencing high disk usage when I open literally everything. I am not too knowledgeable on computer hardware so hopefully someone here can help. I have disabled SuperFetch (I was/still am having issues with my computer randomly resetting; someone said disabling it...