Windows 10: Any working way to remove Cortana?

Discus and support Any working way to remove Cortana? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way to completely remove Cortana? I disabled it, but it keeps running in the background. I did find some suggestions to remove it, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mibaup, Jan 27, 2016.

1. mibaup Win User

Any working way to remove Cortana?

Is there a way to completely remove Cortana? I disabled it, but it keeps running in the background.
    I did find some suggestions to remove it, but it also removes the search and causes problems to other stuff.
    So is there a working way by now to do that?

Thanks!

:)

mibaup, Jan 27, 2016

2. E75 - Any way to remove "Emai" (Nokia Messaging)

I think the app is part of the OS from the start so it can not be deleted.

I deleted the account I created and use ProfiMail as my main mail client. I only use it simply for the fact that if I want to send a photo, ProfiMail is not the default mail client and it cannot be set as the main mail client.

sapporobaby, Jan 27, 2016
  3. mize---01 Win User
    E75 - Any way to remove "Emai" (Nokia Messaging)

I was completely disappointed in the "email" app on my E75 since it's not a true client, but a front-end for Nokia messaging. I was getting frequent disconnects, long delays in getting pushed (IDLE) email, etc.

So I made the switch to Profimail and couldn't be happier. It works very well. Now I'd like to find a way to remove Nokia's email software to free up some memory and, if possible, remap the mail key to Profimail.

Possible?

Thanks.

mize---01, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 27, 2016
  5. mibaup Win User
    Is there a way to do that without downloading the reg file? (Can I do that myself?)
    Also, will that stop the Cortana background process?
    Because I already disabled Cortana itself alone, what you're suggesting is additional. or just another way to disable Cortana but leaving it working in the background?*Huh

mibaup, Jan 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The tutorial I posted is for disabling Cortana, but you missed the part that the "Cortana" process you are seeing is actually for "Search" and not the disabled Cortana personal assistant.

Brink, Jan 27, 2016
  7. mibaup Win User
    Thanks, but I just wonder if I should follow the tutorial, if I already disabled Cortana via Settings? is it just a manual way to do that? Or the tutorial actually disables another thing of Cortana?

mibaup, Jan 27, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No need to also do the tutorial if you already disabled Cortana (the personal assistant).

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Any working way to remove Cortana? - Similar Threads - working remove Cortana

2. Unable to remove device in any way.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove device in any way.: Gear IconX C54DRemove FailedGear IconX C54D is my Bluetooth earphone. I tried to uninstall the device because it didn't work, but "remove failed" appears. so I deleted all directly related devices in Device Manager. However as you can see, the device is still not removed,...
  3. Any way to remove these from start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to remove these from start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MindOfErick [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le9nta/any_way_to_remove_these_from_start_menu/
  4. Is there a way to reset cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to reset cortana?: For some reason cortana hangs on the loading screen, that's annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-reset-cortana/dc48fbcf-e34a-4cd8-88b9-cbf139afbf90
  5. Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to remove DWM.exe, or remove the V-Sync it has on it?: I don't care how jank the solution is, whether it involves a custom toolbar application, or whatever. Is there any way at all to remove the DWM.exe process, or the V-Sync caused by this process at all in Windows 10? I know it's heavily baked into the OS, but I'm perfectly...
  6. Removing Cortana

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana: I don’t use Cortana and want to remove it from my PC. What are the steps? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-cortana/113aeeb5-f69b-4ddf-9d1e-0d41e307b435
  7. Remove Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana: Somebody PLEASE tell me how to get rid of this totally worthless program. In the history of MS this is the WORST mistake they have ever made. Even with it completely turned off by an "MS Pro" from their Help Desk, it still turns itself on and once it does I cannot turn it...
  8. Remove Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove Cortana: I'm having problems with Cortana acting erratically and self manipulating the screen. How can I remove Cortana? Are there any Microsoft updates or software to remove Cortana? I have all the Cortana settings off, but that still hasn't deactivated Cortana. It constantly...
  9. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  10. cortana removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087