Windows 10: Anybody like me find new menu USELESS -text too small

Discus and support Anybody like me find new menu USELESS -text too small in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there I'm afraid while I LIKE Windows 10 - seems even snappier than Windows 8.1 and I like the idea of the menu the text is just TOO SMALL if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anybody like me find new menu USELESS -text too small

Hi there

I'm afraid while I LIKE Windows 10 - seems even snappier than Windows 8.1 and I like the idea of the menu the text is just TOO SMALL if you have any decent resolution on your monitors -- on a Surface Pro 3 native screen you have to use a magnifying glass to see the letters and even on a modest 24 inch 1080 / 1920 monitor it's still very hard to read.

Doesn't anybody who works at Ms or for Ms have any decent size resolution monitors - I can't believe this problem was let out of the door in this state - especially as the lack of a start Menu was the real rage over Windows 8 in the first place.

All the other applications etc are customiseable when you want to make text larger / smaller but not the menu !!!

C'mon Ms - we don't all have microscopic vision or are still using VGA 640 X 480 resolution monitors !!!!!

The good thing though is that CUSTOM TOOLBARS still work so I can for the moment ignore the menu and work as I did on Windows 8.1 !!!! -

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 2, 2014
  2. Barrykoi Win User

How to increase the font sizes on a nokia lumia 610

Can anybody help me please. I recently purchased a Nokia Lumia 610 Windows 7 phone. I find the text for emails and texts too small and cannot find out how to increase the font sizes. I have asked Nokia, but they couldn't help me.

Barrykoi, Oct 2, 2014
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows 10; Desktop Icons & Text much too Small

Please tell me its not so!

PC just completed Windows10 1703 Update. prior version 1607 there was a user setting ....right click Desktop\Display\a setting to customoze desktop Icons and text Size. There were 6 to 8 individual settings you could change to make selected Icons\Text
    larger. Default setting was always 9; I always set to 11. These setting also adjusted system settings like Text in Outlook Folder list and dropdown Menus like when you click right on desktop dropdown Menu opens....the menu Text is too small. I was unable
    to find this setting in this new 1703 Install and doing some research found articles advises Microsoft removed these Desktop Icon\text setting? Suggested method to adjust them larger s a complicated Registry entries (and not sure I would tackle it). No way....if
    so why would they remove this? Surely there must be an easy way to make the adjustments.....not everyone has "young" eyes.

The Desktop Icons and text on my desktop with 1703 installed is much too small for me. Please tell me I either have just failed to find the setting to adjust the Desktop Icons\text Size as I did in all prior Windows versions, or, there is an easier way
    to get them larger without having to get into the Registry.

denmarfl, Oct 2, 2014
  4. z3r010 Win User

My resolution is huge (2560x1440 main screen) and I don't see the problem, admittedly it was a little short to start with, but I just dragged the top up and made it bigger.

You could always re-enable the start screen if you need something that big - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

z3r010, Oct 2, 2014
  5. CountMike New Member
    Same here, there must be a way to increase just start menu items while keeping the rest in high res. My nose keeps on leaving marks on the 24" monitor.

CountMike, Oct 2, 2014
  6. Use Windows Feedback to report it, it is still the work in progress, so they might fix it.
    But unless MS changed its policy, they will ignore people's feedback and do it their way.

TairikuOkami, Oct 2, 2014
  7. blockie Win User
    Older Windows had a default of 125% and it could be customized to anything you wished. My new laptop has a a screen size of 17.3 inched and the text and icons are to small to read for a 85 yr old. However , I can't find a place to change this upward like 150-160%. Any ideas?
    Bill

blockie, Mar 17, 2016
  8. Tacit Win User

Can you not change the size in settings/display/ customize?

Tacit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anybody like me find new menu USELESS -text too small - Similar Threads - Anybody find menu

2. Menu bar font too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Menu bar font too small: I have difficulty reading the text on program menu bars. There used to be a very useful Display dialogue - very detailed - where I could choose size and colours for menu bars, dialogues and lots of other items. Win!0 seems to have removed it which is really frustrating.I know...
  3. syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text: hi there and Happy 2023 I'm having a problem with windows 11 home edition, its the systems menus such as for an example 'properties' is generally to small to read and the file is non-expandable, I've tried to sort this out but i get pointed back to 'scale and lay out' and the...
  4. syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    syestem menus are too small to read eg the properties menu text: hi there and Happy 2023 I'm having a problem with windows 11 home edition, its the systems menus such as for an example 'properties' is generally to small to read and the file is non-expandable, I've tried to sort this out but i get pointed back to 'scale and lay out' and the...
  5. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  6. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....: Greetings--I am using Windows 10 Pro, and I need to know how to make the overall text desktop, windows/screens, file manager, search, etc. in Windows {and the desktop icons for that matter} larger.I've used the text area of settings currently set at 150 and as you can see in...
  7. OVERALL TEXT SIZE IS TOO SMALL.....

8. Text too small or too HUGE

Text too small or too HUGE: I have tried to adjust my text size in the display settings but it is never right. It's always mixed up. Some text will be teeny tiny while other text will be extremely large. Was this caused from a Windows update or what? This is driving me crazy....
  9. Menu Bar Text Size Too Small (IE 11 )

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar Text Size Too Small (IE 11 ): User updated to Windows 10. She wants her menu bar text size to be larger. We tried the Tool-Internet Options-Text Size, Control +, and we tried changing the display options. All these do are change the screen items. All we want is for the Menu Bar Text Size to increase. Any...
  10. IE 11 Menu Bar Text Size Too Small

in Windows 10 Support
    IE 11 Menu Bar Text Size Too Small: User updated to Windows 10. She wants her menu bar text size to be larger. We tried the Tool-Internet Options-Text Size, Control +, and we tried changing the display options. All these do are change the screen items. All we want is for the Menu Bar Text Size to increase. Any...