Windows 10: Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc)

Discus and support Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there To change logon screen colour and background in W10 doesn't work any more. The Windows 8.1 method doesn't work any more -- if you choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Jan 11, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc)

Hi there

To change logon screen colour and background in W10 doesn't work any more.

The Windows 8.1 method doesn't work any more -- if you choose the wrong colour at install time you are stuck with it.

The option to change doesn't work from the desktop - It used to be possible also from the Start screen in W8.1 - example shown below.

Edit -- my error -- you simply right mouse click on desktop on W10 and then personalize -- it's separate from installing themes. The setting changes menu colour task bar colour and logon background.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 11, 2015

2. Changing Window 10 Login Screen Background

Sadly I have no solution so far, neither for the login screen nor for the background/accent color.

Morgenstern72, Jan 11, 2015
  3. LizRules Win User
    How do I get my theme color to match my accent color in Windows 10?

I have a theme that has a color that I think fits pretty well with it. Unfortunately, the theme's color is a custom color and is not one of the available accent colors. Is there a way I can set my accent color to my theme color? Also, some another questions.
    Is there a way I can get the automatic theme color back (from the old screen in Control Center)? Is there a way to go back to the old screen in Windows 10? Will the colors from there even change the accent color? Thanks.

LizRules, Jan 11, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 11, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks - Worked a treat.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 12, 2015
  6. lgentry Win User
    Brink, I have looked everywhere for the solution to this. I am unable to open the link you provided. Says I don't have permission.

lgentry, May 16, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 16, 2015
  8. Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc)

Hi Brink,

Did you know that you can edit posts to change what might have changed.
    *Roflmao2

Members can follow one of your tutorials that reinstate many Control Panel cmdlets (as a folder or in a context menu)

or ... here are two shortcuts for Windows color cmdlets (not ICC color)

cplColor.zip

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc) - Similar Threads - Anyway change color

2. Accent colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent colors: Why, when I set my accent color to sunflower yellow, does my taskbar look dirty green? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accent-colors/5ce2cacf-8186-4a04-869d-ec4772659f6f
  3. Accent color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent color: I opened the start menu tonight and almost the entire thing was full of yellow boxes. This is the first time this happened and I want it to go away. After some research I found out that it was called Accent./ I changed it to grey for now but I want it to match my start menu...
  4. Accent colors changing

Accent colors changing: I use three PC's on a daily basis. Each has its own keyboard and mouse. Periodically each of the three will change the accent colour of the taskbar without input from me. I find this frustrating because I use colour for each computer set-up - so the accent colour, and...
  5. Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change accent color on Windows 10. Stuck at pink accent color!: Hi, on my Windows 10 new PC, the color theme is stuck at a pink accent color. When I go to Settings -> Colors -> Choose your accent color, whenever I check another color, the pink one is still checked and the color does not change. Why is it doing this? I've read other posts...
  6. Accent Color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent Color: [ATTACH] Hello guys, actually I'm using UXtheme patcher to apply theme for my windows.. but the problem is, when I change the accent color, the background color of text at titlebar also changed. Can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you...
  7. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color :(: Hi everyone, this is my first post here. As title, Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color *Sad I already try delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\DefaultColors, but didnt help. Sorry for my broken english, thanks for help. 117736
  8. Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color

Ctrl-Alt-Delete Screen Color won't change with accent color: Hey guys, This is my first post here!*Smile So, I've run into some trouble with Win 10. I was trying to totally black out my win10 and for that I had to install custom themes and stuff but I had an issue where some parts of the theme would revert back to white after coming...
  9. Lock Screen Accent Color Frequently Changes to Another User's Color

Lock Screen Accent Color Frequently Changes to Another User's Color: Hi, So, when I am using the Windows lock screen, especially when I am not currently signed in, Windows tends to set my lock screen accent color to purple, much like my wife's account on the computer. She has chosen a purple accent color for her account, which is fine,...
  10. How to change accent color?

How to change accent color?: Hi Forum I read on the internet that you can add your own custom accent color thru the registry. I did that but it didn't change my accents in the start menu or on the log off screen. I was wondering is there any other way of changing or forcing windows to accept your...