Windows 10: Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update?

Discus and support Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed CU and the only thing I can't find a way to remove is the Mixed Reality Portal. Anyone worked it out yet? 80546 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by satysin, Mar 29, 2017.

1. satysin Win User

Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update?

Just installed CU and the only thing I can't find a way to remove is the Mixed Reality Portal. Anyone worked it out yet?

:)

satysin, Mar 29, 2017
  2. rmroch1 Win User

Does Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 2017 Holographic Portal work with Oculus Rift?

Does Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 2017 Holographic Portal work with Oculus Rift?

rmroch1, Mar 29, 2017
  3. PhilipJP Win User
    Windows Validation if reinstalling earlier windows from image to reinstall from Windows 10

Cheers for the reply.

Hopefuly that is so. Some of the features look pretty good, not so sure about basic functionality, but when you see the holographic stuff it opens up a new world.

PhilipJP, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update?

It seems, that removing it is not the problem, just getting rid of the Start menu shortcut.
    Code: Get-AppxPackage *HolographicFirstRun* | Remove-AppxPackage[/quote] Or by adding this entry, it should be possible to normally uninstall it.
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic" /v "FirstRunSucceeded" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f[/quote] How do I uninstall 'Mixed Reality Portal' and 'Windows Defender Security Center' ?

TairikuOkami, Mar 29, 2017
  5. satysin Win User
    Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update? [​IMG]

I get this error when I try *Sad

satysin, Mar 29, 2017
  6. clam1952 Win User
    Could be a clue in Turn Windows Features On or Off? If it's still there in the CU preview, Control Panel >Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off, worth at least having a look.

clam1952, Mar 29, 2017
  7. satysin Win User
    Yeah checked there first. Nothing that simple sadly *Sad

Even going into the Mixed Reality area section in Settings and selecting Uninstall doesn't remove the stupid start menu entry.

satysin, Mar 29, 2017
  8. shimshom Win User

The Start menu entry can be removed as per below but it will also remove the shortcuts to any installed programs and will render the Settings entry on the left column of the Start left click useless but not the entry in the right click menu of Start. It will leave all the entries in the W section intact and It's best to run it after a clean install and before installing any software and once done and computer restarted run sfc /scannow to regain the Run as Admin and other options when right clicking a Start menu entry in the W section. Any shortcuts to installed programs can be restored by creating a shortcut and placing it in either C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs or in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Either way make sure you have a restore point or a system image available. Also refer to previous threads here about it: Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps - Solved - Windows 10 Forums and Removing Windows Apps sometimes leaves orphan in the startmenu - Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Copy & Paste the following in a text file and save as "Tilegone.cmd", run as Admin:
    Code:
    @net.exe session >nul 2>&1
    @if ErrorLevel 1 (echo "Run as Administrator" & pause && exit)

sc stop tiledatamodelsvc
    move /y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\OLD_TileDataLayer

shimshom, Mar 31, 2017
  9. Every time I remove something that cannot be removed in settings/apps, I start having problems. All of the apps take up little space so I just now leave them be.

Josey Wales, Apr 2, 2017
  10. klepp0906 Win User
    i cant believe microsoft keeps stuffing the OS full of all thi sstuff without a way to either remove, hide, or relocate it. Seriously i cant even put it into a folder? i mean cmon..

klepp0906, Apr 17, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    The 'Tilegone.cmd' works a treat!
    Clean Menu!

Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 17, 2017
  12. klepp0906 Win User
    Care to elaborate?

Are you saying you can remove it via power shell and somehow use that command to remove the entry from the start menu?

Without breaking the other functionality? Aka settings as listed above in a prior post?

Thanks!

klepp0906, Apr 17, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

@satysin, I have the opposite problem, I don't have any of it on my PC (it's there, I can see the executables, just nothing in Settings or the Start menu).

Turns out my hardware doesn't meet the minimum specs so it wasn't set up. Yours apparently did meet the requirements. This tutorial told me how to override the testing and restore all the holographic bits to both Start and Settings. Turning it off should remove it all for you.
    Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10

Edit: having turned it on, I find this under 'Learn more...'.
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...ay_calibration

Perhaps you left something connected or open when you last tried to uninstall?

14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

?

How on earth do you read that -- must be the most difficult colour combo to read I've ever seen !!!!!

If you must have a blue background try white or yellow (or even Green) text !!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 17, 2017
  15. Edwin New Member
    I had uninstalled all Apps by way of the PowerShell method, (and a couple other means!)
    The only Tiles that remained were Settings, Windows Defender Security Center and Mixed Reality Portal.
    The 'Tilegone.cmd' took care of those three.
    Settings can then be accessed via the WinX Menu or the shortcut created from the shell:appsfolder.
    Defender dashboard can be accessed via shell:appsfolder shortcut or from within the Settings App.

As a backup, you can create shortcuts of desired Apps from within the shell:appsfolder
    Some default and system apps can be re-instated simply by clicking the shortcuts.

WORD OF CAUTION:
    If you have removed the Store via Powershell and then also run the Tilegone.cmd, you will NOT be able to resurrect the Store!!!

Edwin, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Anyway to remove all the Holographic stuff in Creators Update? - Similar Threads - Anyway remove Holographic

2. Hello! Is there anyway to remove this virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello! Is there anyway to remove this virus?: So i have a virus called Trojan:Win32 and i dont know what to do i dont know but i think that virus is the reason my laptop slows down when using for a short period and yeah i want a method to remove its infection without losing filescuz i have school/study things in my pci...
  3. Removing stuff from autoruns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing stuff from autoruns: is it safe to remove the atmfd.dll and smb1uninstalltask or whatever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-stuff-from-autoruns/2f93b8f9-34ca-4629-8faf-5e62ed1e192a
  4. Can I remove all Xbox stuff?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove all Xbox stuff?: I'm not a games guy and want to get rid of everything Xbox on my PC. When I go to the Start menu, I see only Xbox Console Companion and Xbox Game Bar. When I go to Settings > Apps and features, I see Xbox Console Companion, Xbox Game Bar, and Xbox Live. And when I open...
  5. all my stuff is gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all my stuff is gone!: yesterday after restarting my computer it had been a while all my stuff disappeared....my desktop background pic was removed to a black screen, icons on my task bar turned into little blank piece of paper icons, file folders on my desktop are gone, lots of programs are gone...
  6. Holographic reisdual files

in Windows 10 Support
    Holographic reisdual files: I uninstalled holographic but I still have 72 residual files left, 26 are in C:\Windows\Servicing\Packages and the rest in various places, can I remove them? 127479
  7. anyway to remove this

in Windows 10 Customization
    anyway to remove this: Thanks Brink, what about another overlay shown on icons, anyway to remove this ? [img] 13643
  8. Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?: After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump and did not find Connect or Messaging. I'd like to remove both from my Start Menu. OS Build 16299.125 Anyone have a script...
  9. All browsers hang after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All browsers hang after Creators Update: Hi, My PC was working flawlessly before Windows 10 Creators Update. A week or two after the update, my default browser (Opera) started to hang when loading a webpage and says "Not Responding" quite often. While letting the browser in the "Not Responding" state, I opened...
  10. what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what will be removed during the Fall Creators Update: Good Day All I have been reading (here in other threads) that in the process of updating/grading that windows essentials will be removed and in so doing windows movie maker as well, is this true? and what else will be removed. I have finally got some sort of handle on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tilegone.cmd

2. reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic /v FirstRunSucceeded /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

3. REG ADD HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Holographic /v FirstRunSucceeded /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f