Windows 10: App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up

Discus and support App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a severe problem with all the Apps/GUI Tools where icons in the applications look very small. Sometimes even the menu items are really messed up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lijuvarghese1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up

I have a severe problem with all the Apps/GUI Tools where icons in the applications look very small. Sometimes even the menu items are really messed up and difficult to navigate. Updated the graphics driver, I tried display options but it didn't help.

:)

lijuvarghese1, Aug 30, 2019
  2. dhoshaw Win User

No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10  

Hi, @Brink:

My caffeine titer is low, so I must be missing some blatant, basic step to add a shortcut to my account's All Apps list in the Start menu (Option1).
    The new process both for creating shortcuts and for adding/removing items to the Win10 start menu has me flummoxed.
    Your tutorials are always "topnotch", so this must be a cockpit error on my part.

>I would like to follow the suggestion on page 1 of the wushowhide.diagcab tutorial to add a shortcut in All Apps for my account.

I have d/l the wushowhide.diagcab and saved it to my downloads folder.
    I have done Step 1 on Page 1 of THIS tutorial to navigate to the Start Menu Programs folder.
    But HOW do I actually complete Step 3 to create a shortcut and then add it to the Start Menu "All Apps"??

I think I need to first somehow create a shortcut for the .cab file and then add it to All Apps in the start menu???

Please advise.

Thanks!
    MM

P.S. I have been postponing the probably inevitable installation of Class Shell.
    I would rather not have to install a 3rd-party program to be able to perform basic Windows tasks.
    But this new workflow in Win10 for a basic functionality might force me to do it.
    Sigh.

MoxieMomma, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up

1. App Icons look very tiny and Menu items are messed up - Similar Threads - App Icons very

2. Computer very messed up..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer very messed up..: So I bought Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and was going to download a game. It got stuck in preparing so I went to go check and see about any Windows Updates. Turns out I had some. I started to download them but then those were stuck in downloading 0%. I went to go troubleshoot but...
  3. Computer very messed up..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer very messed up..: So I bought Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and was going to download a game. It got stuck in preparing so I went to go check and see about any Windows Updates. Turns out I had some. I started to download them but then those were stuck in downloading 0%. I went to go troubleshoot but...
  4. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  5. Icons messed up on destop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons messed up on destop: I've had this issue for a while but it wasn't a problem until recently. I have two screens, when I play a full screen game on display 1, display two goes into 'half' screen mode, it shifts to the right and only shows the left half of what is being displayed. the desktop does...
  6. Icons on start menu are tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on start menu are tiny: [ATTACH] You can see the start menu icons are small on the taskbar they are oversized any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-menu-are-tiny/4e90f316-cb46-4bfb-8d3d-e09c9855501b
  7. Start Menu messed up

Start Menu messed up: I have a laptop with many different IDs on. I log onto each ID for different work. The problem is that on some IDs the Start Menu has messed up. I get rid of all icons and add about 3 or 4 select icons to my start menu. NOW: I get what looks like the default start menu...
  8. Tiny Start Menu

Tiny Start Menu: [IMG] As above, I'm not sure what's happened but all of the items are small, they still work, just impossible to read. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiny-start-menu/696ea686-c50d-4072-bf3a-028cc96d8569
  9. Settings Menu messed up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Menu messed up.: As the title says, many of my settings pages are messed up. Any ideas? Tried in place repair-fails. I`m on latest build. 66296
  10. Messed up start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up start menu: So, I finally decided to upgrade to W10 from Windows 7, and it's cool and everything, actually liking it. The only thing that has gone wrong, is that I get this [img] (for those who don't know spanish, 'pendiente' means pending) instead of this [img] what...