Windows 10: App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account.

Discus and support App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I find some programs startup is controlled by Task Scheduler rather than from the startup tab in Task Manager or from the app itself. I have a program... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Kol12, May 12, 2017.

1. Kol12 Win User

App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account.

I find some programs startup is controlled by Task Scheduler rather than from the startup tab in Task Manager or from the app itself. I have a program Asus AI Suite that's startup with Windows appears to be controlled by Task Scheduler. The program always starts up in the administrators account where it was installed from but doesn't startup with another user account.

If I want particular parts of this program to start up with Windows from another user account how do I do that? I presume somehow in Task Scheduler?

App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account. [​IMG]

:)

Kol12, May 12, 2017
  2. Guidio Win User

Is it possible to disable UAC for a specific application for all administrator users on that machine?

Hi everybody,

is it possible to disable UAC for a specific application for all administrator users on that machine?

I tried to create a scheduled task with high privileges but it works only when its author starts it. If another administrator user logs in, he doesn't succeed to run the scheduled task.

Thank you all

Guidio, May 12, 2017
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    where user account for running the tasks are stored? How to delete and edit them?

John,

Task scheduler records both the computer name & user name in its Author
    field, hence me-pc/me, but only the username me in the field for
    When running the task, use the following user account. That is its normal behaviour and not a sign of any fault.

When intending to alter the user name for a task, always open Task scheduler as Admin or it will object to any change.

[Right-click on the shortcut to Task scheduler & select Run as Admin.]

You can delete user accounts in Settings, Accounts, family & other users. If the user account entries in the dropdown list have already been deleted then that is a caching issue & I suggest you post another question called something like
    Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer. In your question text, include the dropdown list picture to avoid any misunderstandings.

Denis

Tryx3, May 12, 2017
  4. App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account.

TairikuOkami, May 12, 2017
  5. Kol12 Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

Changing the object name for a particular task shouldn't change that all of tasks should it? Because it appears some of the tasks I'm referring to are already set to run as 'users'.

The triggers for those tasks (screenshot above) are already set to 'At log on of any user' also, yet the programs aren't launching at startup for this user account.

As a test, the program Samsung Magician was set to run as admin only, I changed it to users as suggested above but it still doesn't startup in this particular account.

I can't see what's wrong, some of these tasks were already set to run as 'users' with triggers 'at logon of any user' by default yet they aren't working...

Edit: So I enabled history reports for the Samsung Magician task and it's creating task failed to launch errors 101 and 203.

Keyword: 0x8000000000000001

Result Code: 2147943140

Edit: I'm guessing it might have something to do with these programs both (Magician and AI Suite) needing administrator privileges to run at startup?

Kol12, May 13, 2017
  6. Tick the task to "Run with the highest privileges".

TairikuOkami, May 13, 2017
  7. Kol12 Win User
    Already ticked for those tasks...

I'm guessing it's still a privilege issue but not sure what... I can try changing the 'configure for' option to Windows 10...

Kol12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account.

1. App startup from Task Scheduler doesn't start on another user account. - Similar Threads - App startup Task

2. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  3. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't start task: I use FreeFileSync to backup my NAS to a USB drive. The batch file runs when I manually start it by double clicking on the batch file. Per FreeFileSync instructions I put "C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" in the "Program/Script: field" and "C:\FreeFileSync...
  4. Task Scheduler doesn't start task

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I start a task schedule from another application starting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I start a task schedule from another application starting?: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Can anyone help?Thanks!-Zack...
  6. How can I start a task schedule from another application starting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I start a task schedule from another application starting?: Hi, I can't seem to find a useful tip to help me resolve my problem. For example, I want to trigger an event start specific program with Task Scheduler only when another program is starting or is started. Can anyone help?Thanks!-Zack...
  7. task scheduler wont start app

in Windows 10 Support
    task scheduler wont start app: I have one app which detect if keyboard is used and when I double click it app work, when I start with task scheduler at user login or computer start, ti doesn't work no matter what I set in task scheduler or what user I use for that. Start only when I set "users" in taks...
  8. Startup task doesn't work, but putting it in Task Scheduler works-why?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup task doesn't work, but putting it in Task Scheduler works-why?: On my Win 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1803 machine with 16GB RAM and an i5 Intel chip, I like Task Manager to start automatically on startup. 1) If I put its shortcut in the Startup folder, nothing happens. 2) If I create a TaskScheduler task for it, to start on logon of any user,...
  9. Task Scheduler is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler is not starting: Whenever I try to start Task Scheduler, it always brings me to an error. It says, "The Task Scheduler service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in us by other services or programs. I need to start this, so I can...
  10. Task Scheduler Will Not Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler Will Not Start: Hey everyone, Have an issue with task scheduler not stating which is causing issues with say Nvidia Geforce Experience not starting as it requires it to update. When I try to start it from services I get that error. [img] When I try to launch the task scheduler...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler script from another user

2. task scheduler doesnt start apps

3. see task scheduler from another account