Windows 10: App store and Microsoft account

Discus and support App store and Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i try and download apps from the store it makes me sign in with my Microsoft account. For security reasons my Microsoft account is quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam02, Aug 22, 2015.

1. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

When i try and download apps from the store it makes me sign in with my Microsoft account.

For security reasons my Microsoft account is quite complicated

After i sign in with the Microsoft account the next time i start my computer i have to use the Microsoft password and because its so complicated that is just not practical.

Is there not a way i can access the store without this Microsoft account password

:)

sam02, Aug 22, 2015

2. Windows Sign In Process is Stupid!

For Apps in Microsoft Store, you need to sign in with Microsoft Account in the Store, but you have ability to sign in only in the Store (not switch to Microsoft Account).

In general you could just use Local Account and install Apps from Store just you should select item to only sign in for this specific App.

Using this way, you should sign in whenever an App ask for Microsoft Account but if you sign in with Microsoft Account, you never ask to sign in again.

So what you want to achieve is just login with Local Account and for each App, you should sign in with Microsoft Account with that specific App.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Microsoft Store App and Microsoft Store background task host

I have recently started experiencing a rather High CPU usage. After a little digging I am finding that the culptit is the Microsoft Store background task host and when I look at the app history the Store app is pretty much the only app running. This
    just started happening in the last week. This seems to render my computer unusable because I am unable to run anything. Is their a fix? Can it be disabled? For the time being I am just ending the task which is not a solution.

StephenBrkich, Aug 22, 2015
  4. App store and Microsoft account

You need Gmail account to access play store likewise you need Microsoft account to access Microsoft Account. Though there is some work around but i would suggest you to Change your Password to something much less complicated but Strong.

Windows10users, Aug 22, 2015
  5. sam02 Win User
    Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Sam, *Smile

It sounds like you switched your account to sign in to Windows with from a local account to a Microsoft account.

If you wanted to stay signing into Windows with your Microsoft account, you could add a PIN to make it easier to sign in to Windows with, but not affect the password.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

If you wanted to stay using a local account to sign in to Windows with, then you can do so and only sign in to the Store with your Microsoft account.

If this is what you wanted, then you would need to switch to a local account again.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Afterwards, you could use in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below to sign in to the Store with your Microsoft account, and still sign in to Windows with a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  7. sam02 Win User
    Ok thanks for the advice

sam02, Aug 22, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  9. sam02 Win User
    Hi Brink

I think i have messed up somewhere i did as you advised and signed onto the computer with my microsoft password, then added a pin number.

Then as a test rebooted and put in the pin number and yes the computer started and i was able to download from the store with no problems.

But as this was only a test and it seemed to me that my computer was slower and web browsing was slow as well, i decided to go back to a local account.

I followed you advice and reverted back to a local account, but on the start up it still asks for a pin number not a password and although its not started with my microsoft account it allows access to the store is there no way of going back to a fully local account

Pleae

sam02, Aug 22, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You are currently and will always sign in to Windows with a local account since you just switched from a Microsoft account.

If you wanted to use Windows apps (ex: Store) that use a Microsoft service, then you just needed to sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account. It will not affect your account still being a local account. *Smile

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  11. sam02 Win User
    Hi thanks for the quick reply i understand what you say i have reverted back to a local account but i can still access the store ?

sam02, Aug 22, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 22, 2015
  13. App store and Microsoft account

Check you "Family" settings. Somehow I had my account listed as a child, and it wouldn't let me download apps with an age requirement.

derekellis81, Aug 23, 2015
  14. sam02 Win User
    Hi Brink thank you so much for all your advice

I think i see what you mean now.

I signed into the store via my Microsoft account then created a pin number and it all worked ok.

Then because it was just a test and i thought my computer seem to be slower i reverted back to a local account.

But what puzzled me was even signed on with a local account i could still access the store then i saw your advice about signing out of the store so i did that and now i need to sign in with a microsoft account again so that's solved.

It looks like if you once sign in with a microsoft account then revert back to a local account your microsoft stays linked to the store.

One thing i have noticed since i logged in via a pin number i have two accounts associated with the store

One is my outlook.com account
    And the other is a Microsoft account

Is that because of the pin number thing i did

App store and Microsoft account [​IMG]

sam02, Aug 23, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Your PIN is tied to your account in Windows 10. It'll remain with that account whether you switch to a local or Microsoft account.

The outlook.com account is your Microsoft account.

The listed "Microsoft account" item is used to be able to sign in with a new Microsoft account, and have it added to the list. *Smile

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. App store and Microsoft account - Similar Threads - App store Microsoft

2. Microsoft Store Accounts

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Accounts: I am trying to sign in with my personal microsoft account on my school computer. I have admin rights on it but the microsoft store still will only let me sign in with my school account or work account. How do I make it let me use any account?...
  3. Microsoft Store Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Accounts: I am trying to sign in with my personal microsoft account on my school computer. I have admin rights on it but the microsoft store still will only let me sign in with my school account or work account. How do I make it let me use any account?...
  4. Microsoft Store Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...

Microsoft Store and Microsoft Store Apps are accessible on User Accounts, but not...: Hi, I am having trouble with accessing apps I have downloaded from Microsoft on my admin account.First of all, the Microsoft Store app is not listed in apps and features on the admin account and does not appear if you search for it. However, it is available to the other users...
  6. Microsoft account sign in problem in microsoft store, microsoft mail app , accounts tab in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account sign in problem in microsoft store, microsoft mail app , accounts tab in...: I recently got to know that I am not able to sign in in my Microsoft account in any off the Microsoft windows app. I am able to sign in the accounts using browsers but for windows apps it doesn't let you sign-in. it shows various types of problemcan anyone please help me how...
  7. Microsoft store accounts.

Microsoft store accounts.: Hi, I have an app Minecraft downloaded on a seperate PC and microsoft account that I am using now. I was wondering if there is any way to put this app and its progress on my new account + device without paying again....
  8. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts: How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer? It seems that even if I block the Microsoft store via the desktop, these apps can still be downloaded by going on microsoft.com;...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.

Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.: Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 build 17763.503 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice that Store as access to internet but not...
  10. Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logged in with temporary account & Microsoft App store: Hi, 1. This is a child account & whenever I sign in I receive the message that its logged in with a temporary account. it asks me to sign out and sign in again to fix the issue but it does not. The adults' account seems to be fine with no problems. 2. The Microsoft store...