Windows 10: Applications do not start with windows 10

Discus and support Applications do not start with windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently run into an issue that started out of the blue - most applications do not start with the startup of windows 10. I've checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/augiis, Nov 9, 2019.

1. /u/augiis Win User

Applications do not start with windows 10

Hello,

I've recently run into an issue that started out of the blue - most applications do not start with the startup of windows 10. I've checked "Task Manager" if these applications are enabled to run at the startup of windows (which they do, while some are not even on the list), and checked if the applications themselves have "Start with windows" enabled, which they all did.

I went ahead and disabled them all, both on application list and task manager, just so I could re-enable them, hoping that would be a fix, but with no luck.

Please help me out - major programs do not start (such as Spotify, Discord, Battle.net, Steam, etc.). I have windows 10 Pro 64x, freshly reinstalled roughly 4 months ago.

submitted by /u/augiis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/augiis, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Cursus Win User
    Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Applications do not start with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Applications start

2. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  3. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  4. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  5. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game

the application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142 when starting my farlight 84 game: i can run genshin impact just fine as well as other games but for some reason i cant start farlight 84 i tried the command prompt method my driver are up to date i tried the region thing please help screenshot not mine i deleted the game for now...
  6. CNEXT.exe - Application Error X The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CNEXT.exe - Application Error X The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002....: i install vscode c+++ reinstall but it does not work wthat should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cnextexe-application-error-x-the-application-was/44722c5a-7469-4165-9b92-24adda9c1690
  7. CNEXT.exe - Application Error X The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002....

CNEXT.exe - Application Error X The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002....: i install vscode c+++ reinstall but it does not work wthat should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cnextexe-application-error-x-the-application-was/44722c5a-7469-4165-9b92-24adda9c1690
  8. CNEXT.exe - Application Error X The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications .exe Fail to Start by Kernelbase.dll error: Hello technical team,I have encountered an issue as follows: The exe application I developed, when used with Windows 10 for a while, cannot be opened anymore. When I checked the Event Viewer, I saw an Application Error with KERNELBASE.dll. The detailed error is as follows:...
  10. Start Menu Experience Host Application Fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Experience Host Application Fails: Hello,I have been having a problem with the StartMenuExperienceHost crashing when I click on Start then open an App from there. This did not seem to start until after the installation of Cumulative Update of KB5035941. Another thing I have noticed along with this and I do not...