Windows 10: applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?

Discus and support applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi every one ... i noticed this app recently . idont know exactly how long it was there! is it safe ? or i need to remove it ? if so how to remove it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by islamdaraghmeh, Jul 8, 2019.

1. applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?

hi every one ... i noticed this app recently . idont know exactly how long it was there!

is it safe ? or i need to remove it ? if so how to remove it properly ?

i didnt notice any problem with it . just some times it uses some network data as seen in screen shots it the one shown as application (32bit) in task manager

some website says it could be harmless if it was a system app

my defender didnt catch it as virus and i dont have any 3rd party anti V applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ? 389c701b-94d4-40a5-8877-5d570569cbed?upload=true.png applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ? 4fead952-93aa-4f1b-b002-2c913249e2dd?upload=true.png

applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ? 51423884-4b6a-4b67-9b67-e802328f1977?upload=true.png

:)

islamdaraghmeh, Jul 8, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Try3, Jul 8, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?

NESHTA.A VIRUS REMOVED BUT .EXE NOT WORKING

Hi Khaled,

It is possible that you .exe is not working due to corrupted system files or account. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does this happen with a specific application or with all of your application?
    • Have you tried creating a new admin account to check if the issue also with new account or only with the current account?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how
    to create a new admin account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ?

1. applications: "Online-Guardian.exe" is it a threat ? - Similar Threads - applications Online Guardian

2. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  3. Parent/guardian consent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent/guardian consent: my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's not you it's us" I've tried adding him to the family microsoft account but he is unable to accept the invitation as he is under...
  4. Parent/guardian consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent/guardian consent: my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's not you it's us" I've tried adding him to the family microsoft account but he is unable to accept the invitation as he is under...
  5. Parent/guardian consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. LMI Guardian

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LMI Guardian: I was shutting down my pc for the night and I got a message reading that LMI Guardian was preventing my pc from shut down. I never installed LogMeIn, and had no idea that it existed, why was this app running on my computer without any prompting from myself. Is this a serious...
  7. Online Threat Prevention Message

in Windows 10 Customization
    Online Threat Prevention Message: Keep on getting the following message from Bitdefender. Feature: Online Threat Prevention MicrosoftEdge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an unmatching security certificate to markets.books.microsoft.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe...
  8. what is online-Guardian and how to get rid of it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is online-Guardian and how to get rid of it?: hi, I have checked my data usage and got to know that an app Online-Guardian have a major share, more than couple of GBs data usage. so my question is what actually is it? I googled it and no proper detail is there, mostly showing as malware, if it is malware and also...
  9. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  10. Converting .exe to .jar online

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting .exe to .jar online: I find it easier to run .jar than .exe on my computer but only ever find online .jar to .exe! If you know of an online .exe to .jar please put the link below! Thx! :)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is online-guardian.exe