Windows 10: Apps and Folders Closing By Themselves In Windows 10

Discus and support Apps and Folders Closing By Themselves In Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, this is a very strange issue that I am facing. I am part of an MSP that services a few companies. One company, in particular, is having an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D'AngeloF, Jul 30, 2018.

1. D'AngeloF Win User

Apps and Folders Closing By Themselves In Windows 10

Hello, this is a very strange issue that I am facing. I am part of an MSP that services a few companies. One company, in particular, is having an issue with one specific user. The user is stating that things close by themselves at random times. For example, She has Word, Excel, and Adobe open. All of a sudden Excel closes. A few minutes later Adobe closes. A few minutes after that Word closes. That is just an example. I don't have specifics as to how long it takes or anything like that. She stated there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens.

Now let's talk about the setup. She is a user on a domain with a host server that hosts a vm. The vm is the "main" server. There is a shared drive called the U: Drive (User Drive) where users store files as well as folder redirections for their desktop and document folders.

What we have tried to this point. I will shorten the list. Swapped out the computer for one with a fresh install of Windows 10. Changed network cables. Ran cable to different switch that someone else is on that does not have this issue. Changed keyboard and mouse (just in case). At this point, we have replaced everything except for the girl. Now, normally I would be thinking user error. However, I have actually seen it happen one time when I was onsite.

I honestly am out of ideas at this point and am hoping the community can figure out what is going on here.

:)

D'AngeloF, Jul 30, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps and Folders Closing By Themselves In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Apps Folders Closing

2. Shared network folders closing by themselves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared network folders closing by themselves: I'm running windows 10 pro version 21H2If I open a folder that is stored on my pc, it will stay open in the background until I choose to close it.If I open a folder on a shared network location A drive on a server computer that I am wired into if the folder is in the...
  3. Shared network folders closing by themselves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared network folders closing by themselves: I'm running windows 10 pro version 21H2If I open a folder that is stored on my pc, it will stay open in the background until I choose to close it.If I open a folder on a shared network location A drive on a server computer that I am wired into if the folder is in the...
  4. Shared network folders closing by themselves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. CortanaUI failed - Can't type in search - Windows Apps don't open close themselves

in Cortana
    CortanaUI failed - Can't type in search - Windows Apps don't open close themselves: Hello,a week ago my search randomly stopped working. I could click on the Start Menu but I couldn't type anything. After lots of troubleshooting by trying DISM and sfc /scannow which couldn't find any problems, in late June manually uninstalling KB5003637 - through "wusa...
  6. file folders close themselves

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file folders close themselves: When I am looking for a particular file in a file folder, and I don't know which file it is, I sometimes have to open several to find it. Each time I open a file, the file folder seems to close itself and go back to the desktop. When I want to trry a different file, I have to...
  7. All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft apps close themselves upon startup: I have already asked this question and have received no success in fixing my issue. Every time I open up any Windows app it closes itself. When I look at task manager it has a leaf next to it saying its suspending this process. I have hard reset my computer and even tried to...
  8. Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps are closing by themselves and deleting themselves afterwards: everything was fine until yesterday. now my apps are closing out of themselves and deleting themselves afterwards. what do i do??? * Original title: help???...
  9. W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves

in Browsers and Email
    W10 Mail & Calendar apps are closing by themselves: Every time I start these apps, if I shift focus from them, they close on their own.*Huh I've eliminated all the usual suspects (touchpad, antivirus, Keyser Söze, etc.), so I'm turning to you folks for ideas. (System is Acer Aspire SW5-012; OS is Generic 10 Home - Build...
  10. Folders Resetting Themselves

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders Resetting Themselves: This just started happening and since a reboot didn't fix it I'm stumped as to what is going on. When I have a folder open with enough files listed that I have to scroll through the list, every now and then, even though I'm still using the list, the folder resets itself to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 folders closing themselves

2. windows 10 folders closing

3. windows 10 apps closing themselve

4. apps closing by themselves,
  5. windows 10 apps keep closing themselves,
  6. applications are closing themselves,
  7. folders closeing themself,
  8. windws 10 folders closing,
  9. folders closing themselves,
  10. the applications are closing by itself on windows 10,
  11. folders closing automatically windows 10,