Windows 10: Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars!

Discus and support Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got several virtual desktops and what I'm now finding is any application I open is now appearing in the taskbar on ALL my virtual desktops even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gusgf, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Gusgf Win User

Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars!

I've got several virtual desktops and what I'm now finding is any application I open is now appearing in the taskbar on ALL my virtual desktops even though it's only been opened on one of the virtual desktops. Not sure how this started happening but it was fine before, very annoying. When I click on it in another virtual desktop the display switches back to the virtual desktop where it was actually opened.

Please don't confuse this with the option I've set to view the taskbar on both my monitors (dual monitor setup).

How on earth do I resolve this please?

:)

Gusgf, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Sassu Win User

The "Add a Desktop" button is no longer appearing in Task View in Windows 10

I use virtual desktops actively. The "Add a Desktop" button has now ceased to appear in Task View.

I have also tried adding a desktop using the Windows key + ctl + D: no response; also trying to use WK + ctl + right or left arrow to change desktops: no response.

On the Virtual Desktop settings, I have selected that the taskbar shows only the applications that are open on the current desktop, and that Alt Tab shows windows that are open on all desktops.

Thanks much for any suggestions!

Sassu, Apr 14, 2017
  3. scorvi Win User
    Remote Desktop App on each of two desktops?

Hello -

On Windows 10, I would like to have a remote session open on one virtual desktop and a different one open on a second virtual desktop. I can't seem to coax the Remote Desktop App to allow me a separate instance for the second desktop - it insists on opening
    all connections in one RDA window. How can I get a separate app window for my second virtual desktop?

Regards -

scorvi, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 14, 2017
  5. Gusgf Win User
    Gusgf, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Apps opened on one virtual desktop now appearing on ALL taskbars! - Similar Threads - Apps opened virtual

2. how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops: how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-single-window-appearing-on-all/ea1d3695-6a79-4d4e-b8f5-f520e94f3fa9
  3. how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops: how to turn off single window appearing on all virtual desktops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-single-window-appearing-on-all/ea1d3695-6a79-4d4e-b8f5-f520e94f3fa9
  4. How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?: I use two displays - one for the tasks I currently work on and one for Outlook and Teams this is on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 build: 19042.1586Since I work on different tasks during the day I have created 4 virtual desktops.I have set "Show this window on all desktops" for...
  5. How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?: I use two displays - one for the tasks I currently work on and one for Outlook and Teams this is on Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 build: 19042.1586Since I work on different tasks during the day I have created 4 virtual desktops.I have set "Show this window on all desktops" for...
  6. How to avoid outlook mail windows appear on all virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops

Opening Apps in Specific Virtual Desktops: Hi, I was wondering if there's a way to set my apps to open in particular virtual desktops. Desired effect: When I run the following apps, I'd like for them to open only in their designated vitrual desktops. E.x. I'd like for my Spotify to open only in Virtual Desktop 5,...
  8. Using virtual desktops for taskbars

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using virtual desktops for taskbars: Is there software (or how can one use built-in functions) to display taskbar and tray fullscreen on a secondary desktop, preferably virtual? I have quite a lot of stuff there and it would be nice to be able to manage it by switching to a secondary desktop and operate from...
  9. Organize open apps with virtual desktops

Organize open apps with virtual desktops: Apps feeling cluttered? Organize open apps with virtual desktops! Click here for more info: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tips/home/get-organized#virtualdesktops [ATTACH]...
  10. Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10: How to: Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10 How to Move Open App from One Virtual Desktop to Another in Windows 10 Task View is a virtual desktop manager in Windows 10 that allows you quickly switch between all of your open apps on multiple...