Windows 10: asking download location for each download in edge

Discus and support asking download location for each download in edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Microsoft edge for most of my work. I download files many times from the internet we all do. Now the problem is each time I need to save files in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sandila, Dec 16, 2019.

1. sandila Win User

asking download location for each download in edge

I use Microsoft edge for most of my work.
    I download files many times from the internet we all do.
    Now the problem is each time I need to save files in different different locations. In my settings inside edge here is how they look

asking download location for each download in edge [​IMG]

screenshot of chrome

asking download location for each download in edge [​IMG]

is this same kind of thing possible for Microsoft edge that means when I download anything edge asks me each time where to save the download?

:)

sandila, Dec 16, 2019

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 16, 2019
  3. cant download anything on edge

Hi Ali,

If Microsoft Edge doesn't allow you to download anything, it's possible that the folder location for downloaded items is not configured properly. To configure your Edge's settings, follow the steps below:

• Type in Internet Options on the Ask me anything bar.
    • Locate and select Settings under General tab.
    • Under Current Location, check if path is set to C:\ drive.
    • If not, select Move Folder and set the path to C:\ drive. Then, select the desired folder where you want your download items to be stored.

Send us an update regarding the steps provided above.

Darwin Dim, Dec 16, 2019
  4. asking download location for each download in edge

Is there any way to choose a download location and name in Edge instead of getting the default name and the Download directory?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the download location for Microsoft Edge.

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to change the default download location in Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open File Explorer.

• Right click on Downloads and select
      Properties.

• Select Location tab and click Move
      and then select where you want to have your downloads to be saved.

For more information about Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

asking download location for each download in edge

1. asking download location for each download in edge - Similar Threads - asking download location

2. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  3. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  4. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Download Bar Location: I recently updated the pc and my browser was also updated along with it. I find it really annoying that every time I download anything the download bar pop ups right in the middle of the webpage. An added click on the page is required to click to get rid of it previously it...
  6. Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Stopped Asking What To Do With Each Download: It appears that the latest version of Edge (version 90.0.818.41) broke the function "Ask me what to do with each download" (the "Always as me if I want to save a file or open it without saving" option) as no prompt is shown on the bottom left of the Edge Windows even though...
  7. unable to change download location in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to change download location in Edge: I discontinued use of One Drive several months ago yet cannot change downloads setting accordingly in the new Edge browser. Do not find settings menu. Also applies to cookies settings...where the heck is the options settings?...
  8. edge download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge download: why did edge get forced downloaded on to my computer. It hasn't worked the multiple times I've tried to install it and now you can't delete it unless you go into command prompt on the C drive. why are you so arrogant in the fact that you feel you need to force this on...
  9. Downloading in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading in Edge: I'm attempting to download Win 10 64-bit Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia website. On the Nvidia driver search page, after I've selected the search parameters and conducted the driver search, I come to an download button page. I click the download button and I arrive at an...
  10. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084