Windows 10: Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

Discus and support Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; And to further add, the attacker has to get onto your computer first. In order to get that token file. So really the sky is not falling like some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

This. It is noticable that quite a lot of the most "catastrophic" attacks (can-do-anything style) start with either fysical access to the PC or getting a malware/virus/trojan in the first place, because without it....

Olivir2014, Aug 6, 2015
  2. dhjohns Win User

I am not worried about this. The cloud has saved my butt so many times! Plus, like the couple of previous comments, there is something I would need to do first to allow this exploit.

dhjohns, Aug 7, 2015
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

The expression "Cloud Cuckoo Land" was obviously created with these services in mind.

In any case I often use machines NOT 100% TETHERED to the internet. What some of these cloud services REALLY want to do is sucker you in so you rely on them and then they'll start charging you.

If you MUST use these services just hold data on it that you really don't care if others can grab it. Never keep personal data / Bank details / passwords / addresses etc etc. on them.

If you take sufficient LOCAL backups your data and system should always be safe.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 7, 2015
  4. endeavor Win User

Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW.

That's right, as most have already said, this is really not a problem unless you log in and put data there, otherwise just ignore it.

However for those people who insist and still want to uninstall it (not that you need to) ...there is a way.
    (note though, any OS upgrade or major update you do (I've not tested SFC yet) will just install it again, but no problem you can just simply run the uninstaller again - tested, works well, for many months now)

See Here

endeavor, Aug 7, 2015
  5. I'll just like to add. If an attacker can get this token file for one of your cloud storage solutions. Do you really think they will bother with that? Because you may not know this, but why would they bother getting a token file when they can just download your passwords instead? Either directly from your browser or from whatever application you are using to store your passwords.

You see the moment an attacker as system level access to your computer, it is game over. They can do anything and get anything from you that they want. Waste time downloading some token file when they can get all the keys to the kingdom? Your best option is to avoid letting an attacker on your system in the first place.

Second. Where ever you can enable two-factor authentication. It may be annoying at first but it will save your butt from someone trying to log into your account from an unknown source.

logicearth, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Alboari Win User
    I will remove Onedrive, just use a passport 1T I think its

Alboari, Aug 9, 2015
  7. DTG1 Win User
    Onedrive should have been uninstallable. But MS didnt think. So now its a not only Malware, its a huge security risk. I bought Home for my other computer, we'll see if Onedrive is deletable again. I had to delete it in Win8.1.

What I wanna know is why 10 has to be connected to the internet to create alternate User accounts.

8. Alboari Win User

I just realized how vulnerable we are, I will try to delete all cloud services, I feel so unsafe now

Alboari, Aug 9, 2015
  9. BillyBob Win User
    If you want to stay safe get rid of your router and buy all your programmes from a shop, oh and get rid of any smartphones and tablets.

BillyBob, Aug 9, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    @BillyBob - *Roflmao2 Seriously, that's about it in a nutshell.
    @Alboari - Cloud services are not as vulnerable as you think. For instance, with the latest vulnerability, someone has to infiltrate your device to grab the "token" to access your cloud. So, #1 if you have 2-factor authentication enabled, you have just overcome this vulnerability, and, #2 if they've hacked your device, don't you think they'd want to grab everything and not just your token? Really, you can calm down, it's not as bad as it sounds. Keep your devices safe and your cloud should be safe. (Although, I admit, we have no control over the safety put in place by the cloud servers...)

simrick, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Alboari Win User
    thanks billybob I will use 2-factor authentication enabled as suggested

Alboari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Attackers can access Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive files without PW. - Similar Threads - Attackers access Dropbox

2. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  3. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?: I've recently left the company I was working for, and no longer have access to my company OneDrive account. I was working from home after the pandemic, so I had sync'd one of our primary project folders to my home PC. It's over 300GB. Now that I'm no longer working for the...
  4. How can I delete OneDrive local files, without access to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  6. unzip a file without pw

unzip a file without pw: ok trying to open a zipped file but its asking for a passwords but i never put a password on it so I'm confused can anyone help?Tks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-a-file-without-pw/106a6e6a-9858-41eb-b793-15e5237ebaa8
  7. Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC

Access Google Drive from Windows without copying Google files to PC: I have a second portable laptop that is VERY limited in storage: Lenovo Ideapad 100, 32G SSD, no HD. Windows 10 ver 1909. I do not have space to sync my laptop to Google Drive and have it make that huge file structure that is a copy of the Google drive. I have that on the PC...
  8. How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu: [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive from the context menu, then this article will show you how to get […] This article How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Disable Dropbox and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Dropbox and Google Drive: I have two users on my laptop, they are both me, one when I'm home, my laptop is connected to a 22" monitor and I use it like a desktop computer. My other user is when I travel, so that has very few apps on the desktop and in the taskbar. When I'm on wifi in a hotel I don't...
  10. How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I access OneDrive as a drive letter without syncing?: I like OneDrive and use it on an almost daily basis, but I don't like the syncing. I wish I could access it as a drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? 60326