Windows 10: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Chuck38, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10

Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone.

OneDrive is free online storage at OneDrive.com that comes with your Microsoft account. It’s like an extra hard drive that’s available from any of the devices you use. You no longer need to email files to yourself or carry around (and possibly lose) a USB flash drive. Instead, whether you’re on your laptop and working on a presentation, viewing photos from your last family vacation on your new tablet, or on your phone reviewing your shopping list, you can get to your files in OneDrive.

Getting started with OneDrive is easy. You can add files already on your PC to OneDrive by either copying them over or moving them from your PC. When you save new files, you can choose to save them to OneDrive so you can get to them from any device and share them with other people. And, if your PC has a built-in camera, you can automatically save copies of the photos in your camera roll to OneDrive, so you'll always have a backup.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the OneDrive folder from the navigation pane of File Explorer for only your account without disabling OneDrive in Windows 10.

Note If you have Show all folders turned on, then OneDrive will still show until Show all folders is turned off.

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane

Here's How:

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree DWORD

1 = add
    0 = remove

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}

(add) = add
    (delete) = remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add OneDrive to Navigation Pane of Current User
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_OneDrive_to_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download

3. To Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane of Current User
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_OneDrive_from_Navigation_Pane.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

Related Tutorials

:)

Chuck38, Mar 20, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Mar 20, 2015
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Mar 20, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Glad you like it Chuck. *Smile

Brink, Mar 20, 2015
  5. endeavor Win User
    Shawn,
    I've searched here and haven't found it yet, but do you have a ditty to Totally uninstall OneDrive from 10 yet?

I found this and used it, it seemed to work as it's gone.
    On some major updates/upgrades it gets reinstalled, and when it does I just run it again.

Thank you.

@echo off
    cls

echo Closing OneDrive process.
    echo.
    taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
    echo.
    %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 10 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
    echo.
    rd %USERPROFILE%\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd C:\OneDriveTemp /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

pause

Code: Update Edit 8/7/2015 Below is an updated version of this above script to work for more builds. fwiw, I give full credit for both scripts to the original source (melerix)[/quote]

@echo off
    cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"
    set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.
    echo.
    taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.
    echo.
    if exist %x64% (
    %x64% /uninstall
    ) else (
    %x86% /uninstall
    )
    ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.
    echo.
    rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1
    rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

pause

Code: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This next part is like Brink has already posted in this tutorial, and so I've left it out of the script. I personally like Brink's way because of the options to leave the Folder showing - which I like to. And so I only post the rest of the script just as an fyi: (remove pause above and leave only the one at this end if used) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel. echo. REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1 REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1 pause[/quote]

endeavor, Mar 21, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 21, 2015
  7. endeavor Win User
    Thanks for the reply Shawn.

I did read through that on Eight before I had posted. Not that's it's a big deal but I also didn't want to log on to my MS account to enable or disable OneDrive though; at first I did disable it locally, but then I just wanted to remove OneDrive completely right off with one click, and so far still it seems it has. I did notice right after I had first did it tried to reinstall itself or so I thought, so I ran it again and this time it hasn't come back. Hey, it may very well I don't know, and if it does I will come back to report if it does.

I just wanted to make sure you didn't already have a tutorial written on that bat file so far.

Thank you

endeavor, Mar 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No problem. If you ever run a SFC scan, you would most likely need to run the .bat file in your post again though.

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  9. Seems to me if Onedrive is integrated it would be listed in windows features turn on or off.

ThrashZone, Mar 23, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It would be nice if it was included in Windows Features, but it's not so far. It was the same way in Windows 8.1, but you could still manually remove OneDrive integration.

OneDrive is suppose to be even more integrated by the time Windows 10 reaches RTM, so it'll be interesting to see how easy it'll be to remove OneDrive at that time.

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Thanks for the data, I think I will keep it though at least thru the preview.

12. endeavor Win User
    @ ThrashZone, I did see it there, and there Was an option to Disable it, which I did! click that option to do so. Later I then decided I wanted to remove it completely, and that's when I ran the bat.
    (EDIT a day later - I should have said I saw a disable option in TaskManager> Startup, and not in Features)

@ Shawn, yes I realize even when I update it there's a good chance maybe it will re-install itself, or even SFC and whatever else, no problem since the one click bat to run is pretty quick and easy; and so if I ever see OneDrive aboard again, I will re-run the bat. I'm curious to see how it holds, especially on the RTM, but here too if they make it to persist, I'm sure a way will be developed to remove it since many people just don't want anything to do with any Cloud type service.

Thank you.

endeavor, Mar 23, 2015
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 23, 2015
  14. endeavor Win User
    Yes I am sure, however I don't remember on what specific screen location or pane that it gave me that option though if that helps, but it was there, somewhere! *Confused

I don't see it afterwards because the program is un-installed now, but yes it was there and at first I was happy they gave me the option to disable it and I did, but then decided I just wanted it gone. Maybe if needed I could fire up my test bench and reinstall to find where it was for you; boy now you have me questioning myself *Think but my memory from a few days ago is definitely that I Know I Saw The Option And I Did Click To Disable it!

I'm going to go over to find it, unless you find it first..

endeavor, Mar 24, 2015
  15. adamf Win User
    adamf, Mar 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove OneDrive

2. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  3. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  4. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Google Drive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the...
  5. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  6. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  7. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  8. Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Recycle Bin from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your...
  9. Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove User Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add new onedrive in pane

2. add google drive option in navigation pane similar to onedrive

3. how to add onedrive to the navigation pane

4. add onedrive to navigation pane windows 10,
  5. add onedrive to navigation pane for all users