Windows 10: Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

Discus and support Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afrofishy, Sep 15, 2019.

1. afrofishy Win User

Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before and after the update and the difference in directional audio quality was like night and day.

Before the update I was able to accurately hear where enemies were and where i was getting shot from very easily, however after the update its impossible to tell where enemies are and shots from guns that are supposed to make a lot of noise end up really really quiet despite not being that far away, but when they are couple of steps away from me, their footsteps and gunshots become really loud.

This has basically rendered it almost impossible to play the game well, since audio is really important.

is there a fix for this? If not will the audio issues be patched by Microsoft in the next couple of days?

:)

afrofishy, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update - Similar Threads - Audio issues Fortnite

2. Windows 11 issues after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 issues after most recent update: So I recently updated windows 11 December of 2023. I have had massive issues since. Programs won’t open/close and remain in a zombie status in task manager can’t force closeReboots are not working and sit and spin.Mouse is choppyI can’t even get web browsers to work sometimes...
  3. Windows 11 issues after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 issues after most recent update: So I recently updated windows 11 December of 2023. I have had massive issues since. Programs won’t open/close and remain in a zombie status in task manager can’t force closeReboots are not working and sit and spin.Mouse is choppyI can’t even get web browsers to work sometimes...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.: Hello, After updating my computer today I found that the audio for my bluetooth earbuds keeps cutting in and out. I have updated and reinstalled all my audio and bluetooth drivers. I have followed the bluetooth and audio trouble shooting wizards multiple times with no...
  8. Most Recent Update Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Update Issue: Earlier today I had no problem accessing Microsoft products but after an update I cannot. The message received reads as follows: "WINWORD.EXE - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly0xc0000142. Click OK to close application." Please advise how I...
  9. Update from 1903 to most recent version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from 1903 to most recent version: 5 days ago, I made a post on here since I got a notification saying that my version of Windows was nearing end of service and that I needed to update it. I paused updates for a week (which resumes on Monday) since I didn't know what to do. I decided that I was going to update...
  10. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after update drivers fortnite sound

2. fortnite sound problems after windows update