Windows 10: Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

Discus and support Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by afrofishy, Sep 15, 2019.

1. afrofishy Win User

Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before and after the update and the difference in directional audio quality was like night and day.

Before the update I was able to accurately hear where enemies were and where i was getting shot from very easily, however after the update its impossible to tell where enemies are and shots from guns that are supposed to make a lot of noise end up really really quiet despite not being that far away, but when they are couple of steps away from me, their footsteps and gunshots become really loud.

This has basically rendered it almost impossible to play the game well, since audio is really important.

is there a fix for this? If not will the audio issues be patched by Microsoft in the next couple of days?

:)

afrofishy, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update - Similar Threads - Audio issues Fortnite

2. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  3. Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19

Bluetooth audio choppy after most recent feature update (version 1903) installed on 8/31/19: The audio for my Skullcandy method wireless bluetooth headphones is stuttering like crazy and insanely choppy after the most recent update. I've tried everything I could find; reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers (which I couldn't really do cause there weren't any to...
  4. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...
  5. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  6. Fortnite issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fortnite issues: Hello, I have a problem with the game Fortnite. When i put my fps to unlimited it starts to lag my discord chat. When i speak other peoples voices are all choppy and laggy and have a delay in the speaking. And i also get input lag as in my keyboard has delay. When i press W...
  7. Recent update, no audio

Recent update, no audio: as it says. year old computer. after update it tells me that is no audio hardware present. rebooted computer 5 times, nothing. used the trouble shooter, no response. the jack doesnt work. It is as if the update deleted the entire existance of the hardware. nada....
  8. windows deactivated after most recent update

windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  9. Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro 4 - Issues after most recent update.: Hi! I've been using my Surface Pro 4 every day for school and entertainment and had zero issues with it until the latest update. 1. When I try to sign-in, if Windows Hello doesn't recognize me, it says signing-in with my pin is disabled and to go into settings and enable...
  10. windows won't activate after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows won't activate after most recent update: i got a brand new computer recently that came with windows 10. i had to reinstall it a few times because of issues i thought were related to the installation (plus the first attempt asked me for a key which i didn't have, the second one didn't). i didn't activate right away....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fortnite sound problems after windows update