Windows 10: Audio preview

Discus and support Audio preview in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What has happened to audio preview? I don't want another 'groove box', that starts loading my huge collection every time I open it. *Mad I just want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by psysprouts, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Audio preview

What has happened to audio preview? I don't want another 'groove box', that starts loading my huge collection every time I open it. *Mad I just want the instant preview like W7.

:)

psysprouts, Jan 13, 2016

2. The audio for Windows DVD player does not work

The win dvd player on my pc has audio problems with movie rentals. Movie previews may work properly but when it comes to the movie there is no audio. Sometimes parts of the movie previews will work, like music, but there will be no voice audio. This has
    been a pain ever since I switched to 10. Somebody!

dvd player for win 10 audio prob.- Original Title

bobby boyeeeee, Jan 13, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Realtek sound - Very low volume - Sound very quiet

According to
    this blog post
    from Microsoft there will be some fixes for Realtek audio issues in Windows 10 coming soon:

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10547

"We have fixed several issues with audio – including issues specific affecting Realtek audio devices."

ElectroSlave, Jan 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Audio preview

Brink, Jan 13, 2016
  5. None of those options work. Preview panel still empty. I just want to go back to 7, but the promise that it's easy is BS.

psysprouts, Jan 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    What type of audio file is this for?

Are you able to open the file with Windows Media Player?

Brink, Jan 14, 2016
  7. Any audio files. And yes, files will open in WMP

psysprouts, Jan 15, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Audio preview

If you truly wanted to go back to Windows 7, then you can easily do so if you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 less than 30 days ago, and didn't delete the Windows.old folder.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...s-windows.html

This is what it should look like when you have the preview pane turned on with Windows Media Player set as the default program.

Audio preview [​IMG]

Brink, Jan 15, 2016
  9. WMP is the default player. Preview panel is empty.

psysprouts, Jan 17, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 17, 2016
  11. tkuhner Win User
    Media Preview - QTTabBar Manual

tkuhner, Dec 9, 2016
  12. Try3 Win User
    I also see this inconsistent Windows File explorer behaviour for audio file previews. Sometimes it displays audio previews within its Preview area and sometimes outside in a floating window of its own [when it has its own window it also has its own process - shown in Task manager as the Windows media player Rich preview handler]

Inside -
    Audio preview [​IMG]

Outside -
    Audio preview [​IMG]

I have not been able to identify what makes it change between having an internal Preview in the Preview pane and using a separate window & process of its own. It seems quite random [by which I mean that I do not understand it].

Any thoughts anybody?

Denis

Thema:

Audio preview

1. Audio preview - Similar Threads - Audio preview

2. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  3. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  4. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  5. Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11

Can't Preview Audio in File Explorer in Windows 11: I bought a new Lenovo Laptop - Windows 11 - And finally got it all set up - In ALL OTHER VERSIONS of Windows that I have ever used - And I have Windows 10 on another computer and it works as normal - You were able to preview an audio file - MP3 or what have you on the side...
  6. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  7. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  8. Updating Realtek Audio Drivers causes a GSON? (since on insider preview)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating Realtek Audio Drivers causes a GSON? (since on insider preview): I recently started my pc and fired up youtube, to my surprise, I heard sound through my Monitor, so I checked the sounds tab and my speakers (headphones in reality) were gone. I checked DM and Realtek HDA was gone, so I installed the drivers. Now, I have a program which...
  9. File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer Preview Audio without Windows Media Player?: Are there any other media players that work in File Explorer Preview? I have WMP installed and selected as default media player and it works to preview wav files, but not aif preferably something that can be set to autoplay when file is selected. they could at least update...
  10. Windows Media Player 12 audio file preview

Windows Media Player 12 audio file preview: Hi, In my playlist inside WMP 12, audio files usually have a preview of audio files...but not all audio files. Is there a reason for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-12-audio-file-preview/1fc9da13-bcb3-427a-a406-f99d3b62333b