Windows 10: auto arrange

Discus and support auto arrange in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor. 25424 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lianne, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Lianne Win User

auto arrange

I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor.

:)

Lianne, Oct 6, 2015

2. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

auto arrange

What commands are in the bat file? I think showing that might help me/others help you out diagnoses the issue.

Jeff
    PS, and welcome to the forums.

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Lianne, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you meant that you used the tutorial below, then it sounds like something interfered with restarting explorer.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

If so, then you can just manually restart explorer to sort this.

1) Open Task Manager (CTRL+Shift+ESC)
    2) Click on File (menu bar).
    3) Click on Run new task.
    4) Type explorer, and click/tap on OK.

Brink, Oct 6, 2015
  6. Lianne Win User
    Hi, I just did the simplest thing I could think of and removed all power--battery to and started up again. Auto arrange problem was fixed and everything fine. So, yes, it must have been a restart problem. Thanks for the reply!

Lianne, Oct 6, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to help out.. I hope we got you sorted out(Me and Shawn.)..*Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

auto arrange

1. auto arrange - Similar Threads - auto arrange

2. Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please bring back the ability to freely arrange icons within folders "DISABLE AUTO ARRANGE"!: I just want to "disable" confounding Auto Arrange files within folders in Windows 10. I can't understand that when you leave file/folder icons in the position and order that you want and then Windows decides to mix them up. I'm continually wasting time trying to find lost...
  3. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  4. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...: How do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sort files within folders on Windows 10build 1826?This appears to be a registry issue that Windows 10 changed in the last few updates. I updated to the latest Windows 10 creation build and now ALL my files are misplaced...
  5. how do you "disable" auto arrange to be able to manually sorts file within folders on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  7. How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11

How to turn off auto arrange Windows 11: I have noticed that Windows 11 does not allow for custom arrangement of files within a folder. This is a critical oversight of sheer stupidity of the Microsoft development team. When you are sorting files, many times renaming a file is not an option. Secondly, custom...
  8. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.

Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.: How do you "Disable" Auto Arrange to allow you to fundamentally put files and folders in the order and placement of each window and kept them where you left them? Windows build 19044.1826 put them in different orders and locations as soon as you close or refresh the window!...
  9. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.: How do you "Disable" Auto Arrange to allow you to fundamentally put files and folders in the order and placement of each window and kept them where you left them? Windows build 19044.1826 put them in different orders and locations as soon as you close or refresh the window!...
  10. Disable Auto Arrange/ Group None- allow files folders sort and placement where you want them.