Windows 10: auto arrange

Discus and support auto arrange in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor. 25424 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lianne, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Lianne Win User

auto arrange

I just downloaded bat file to stop auto arrange and now my screen is blank! WTH? I was trying to arrange a manuscript to send to editor.

:)

Lianne, Oct 6, 2015

2. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Bruce Hagen, Oct 6, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

auto arrange

What commands are in the bat file? I think showing that might help me/others help you out diagnoses the issue.

Jeff
    PS, and welcome to the forums.

BunnyJ, Oct 6, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Lianne, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you meant that you used the tutorial below, then it sounds like something interfered with restarting explorer.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

If so, then you can just manually restart explorer to sort this.

1) Open Task Manager (CTRL+Shift+ESC)
    2) Click on File (menu bar).
    3) Click on Run new task.
    4) Type explorer, and click/tap on OK.

Brink, Oct 6, 2015
  6. Lianne Win User
    Hi, I just did the simplest thing I could think of and removed all power--battery to and started up again. Auto arrange problem was fixed and everything fine. So, yes, it must have been a restart problem. Thanks for the reply!

Lianne, Oct 6, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to help out.. I hope we got you sorted out(Me and Shawn.)..*Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

auto arrange

1. auto arrange - Similar Threads - auto arrange

2. anyway to keep desktop icons where i want without using Auto Arrange in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    anyway to keep desktop icons where i want without using Auto Arrange in windows 10?: Anyway to keep desktop icons, after logging in, where i want WITHOUT using Auto Arrange in windows 10 version 21H1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyway-to-keep-desktop-icons-where-i-want-without/1ee93567-a619-4358-91ec-d874711372c5
  3. Why did "auto arrange" disappear in my folders in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did "auto arrange" disappear in my folders in Windows 10?: Why did "auto arrange" disappear in my folders in Windows 10? Until a few days ago whenever I renamed an item it would auto-arrange in alphabetical order within the folder. That suddenly stopped a few days ago and I was wondering if there is a way to re-enable it. I make use...
  4. How do I turn off auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  5. I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged

I can not arrange my desktop icons I have disactivated auto arranged: Hello, I need some help,I can not arrange my desktop icons, I tried everything like restarting the pc, check updates, windows health check with cmd but nothing worked. This is how does my icon look like I cannot do nothing and when I try to move them it just bug more and...
  6. Auto Arrange Desktop Icons

Auto Arrange Desktop Icons: I am on Windows 10 version 20H2.Desktop Icons are arranged in a scattered manner A-Z should be auto arranged but it is arranged as A-Z A-Z, there are two starting of the sorting order. How to make this sorting order to be singular and every icon on the desktop gets arranged...
  7. How to disable auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable auto arrange?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mergisi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loj3a9/how_to_disable_auto_arrange/
  8. Auto arrange all your windows, whether on one screen or many with a single click!

Auto arrange all your windows, whether on one screen or many with a single click!: Do you write, play games, code, illustrate or edit images on your computer? Wouldn’t it be great if you could configure your windows in just the right places, and just the right sizes for each of these roles and then restore them at the click of a button? That’s exactly what...
  9. Can you auto arrange a file list (in a folder) by date modified?

Can you auto arrange a file list (in a folder) by date modified?: I often have to edit files within a folder and the simplest way for me to establish my progress is by looking at the date modified. IIRC, in the past I was able (either in Win 7 or perhaps an earlier iteration of Win 10) to have the list of files arranged by date...
  10. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149