Windows 10: auto arrange

Discus and support auto arrange in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has anybody figured out how to put files inside a folder, in the order you want them instead of Win 10 putting them in the order it wants?? This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wingman1800, Jul 2, 2017.

1. auto arrange

Has anybody figured out how to put files inside a folder, in the order you want them instead of Win 10 putting them in the order it wants?? This is after CU.....
    thanks
    tom

:)

wingman1800, Jul 2, 2017

2. Rearranging picture order in Windows 7 and Windows 10

The developers removed the Auto-Arrange option in Windows 7. Either of these third party fixes will add it back so you can disable it.

How to Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 7? - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-auto-arrange-folders-windows-7/

Windows 7 - Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable

Windows Explorer Auto Arrange - Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

For Win10:

Auto Arrange in Folders - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Enable or Disable Auto Arrange in Folders in Windows 10

Or:

How to Disable Full Row Select and Auto Arrange in Windows 10?

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-full-row-select-auto-arrange-folders-windows-10/

Bruce Hagen, Jul 2, 2017
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

auto arrange

1. auto arrange - Similar Threads - auto arrange

2. Can you auto arrange a file list (in a folder) by date modified?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you auto arrange a file list (in a folder) by date modified?: I often have to edit files within a folder and the simplest way for me to establish my progress is by looking at the date modified. IIRC, in the past I was able (either in Win 7 or perhaps an earlier iteration of Win 10) to have the list of files arranged by date...
  3. The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...

in Windows 10 Support
    The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every...: Hello, The "Auto arrange icons" function is disabled at every reboot or "Explorer" restart. I use "CCleaner" regularly but I don't see an option that might cause that issue. [img] Windows 10 Pro X64, Version 2004 Build 19041.388 162149
  4. Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Stop Auto Arrange in Details View in File Explorer: Windows 10 Pro, copyright 2019, local computer also accessing a windows server I have a folder on my c-Drive with hundreds of files. I am re-naming the files. Problem: each time a file is re-named, it jumps to a different location in the folder [example below] without...
  5. How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?

How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive?: How do I turn off auto arrange for files copied to a Flash drive? I have it working in Windows Explorer, but it will not let me arrange files as I'd like on the USB. Suggestions? Thanks!...
  6. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  7. Auto Arrange Files

Auto Arrange Files: [ATTACH] I recently installed a batch file for including auto-arrange filesdetail view in my view panel as it was not included in the updated version of windows 10. After installing I am able to manually arrange the files but it messes with my windows dark or white theme....
  8. How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders

How To Disable Sorting And Auto Arrange In Folders: I find this excruciatingly frustrating as a UX perspective. I want to sort the items in my folder the way I want them. Not by date, not by name, not some group by, etc. I like it the way it is in my desktop. I have it ordered manually the way I like it, why can't I do the...
  9. no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?

no "auto arrange" in Windows 10?: my windows 10 does not have icon "auto arrange". I did, view->large icons->right click...nothing anywhere no "auto arrange" yes I used the right-click. I'm using Windows 7 and I have "auto arrange". I really "like" Windows 7, see the pun. I've tried everything I can...
  10. Disabling auto arrange in folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling auto arrange in folders: When is Microsoft going to let its users disable auto arrange in folders? I am not talking about the desktop here. All my files etc. that are in Folders are being aligned automatically and I want to move them around freely wherever I want. I could do this in Windows XP...