Windows 10: Auto updates problems

Discus and support Auto updates problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Update, update, read all abart it! Enable or Disable Check for Windows Updates in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by un1corn, May 4, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

Auto updates problems

dalchina, May 4, 2017

2. Well, been "on my own" since Win95 so I think I'll be o.k. , and if I need help I'll ask for it here and not from some youtuber who may or may NOT know what they're talking about.

indianacarnie, May 4, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
  4. Auto updates problems

In 1703 creators this toggle doesn't work anymore. Whereas before one could check for app updates manually but still then choose whether to download / update them now doing this manual check finds the app updates and automatically downloads and installs them. I'm not sure if this is now intended behaviour by MS but it seems like a bug. An irritating one at that as I like to check what updates are available and then before installing them I check things out to see if they are being reported as bad/safe updates. Especially if it's an app our family uses a lot such as photos or mail. Given MS penchant for questionable QA I think it's worth doing.

Scottyboy99, May 4, 2017
  5. Windows 95? I've been doing this since BEFORE C/PM. I was on the Win95 Beta test team, and actually got paychecks from Microsoft. Did YOU do that?

I also worked for the D.o.D as a GS for 20 years. I not only built a lot of their systems, I also administrated a lot of their SIPRNET systems. I also wrote some of their security routines, and security patches, in assy language. Did YOU do that?

I don't understand why people like you, have to act like children, and be nasty, and insulting. You sound very foolish, and arrogant. I'm just offering help to someone who may need it. I'm happy for you, that you DON'T need it. Good on 'Ya.

Stop being such an arrogant dipstick. No one cares, and you CERTAINLY have no credibility with me (not that you care), as I can tell by a lot of your posts, you know just enough to be dangerous.

I also build laptops, and back them up with a limited LIFETIME WARRANTY. Are YOU that sure of your work? I am.

Welcome to my ignore list.

Grow up.*really

Khzyvfonhes, May 6, 2017
  6. Disabling Store auto-updates
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsStore\WindowsUpdate" /v "AutoDownload" /t REG_DWORD /d "2" /f schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Automatic App Update" /Disable reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "ContentDeliveryAllowed" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "OemPreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "PreInstalledAppsEverEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SilentInstalledAppsEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager" /v "SubscribedContentEnabled" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager\SuggestedApps" /f[/quote] Disabling Windows check for updates (manual check will still work)
    Code: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Schedule Scan" /Disable ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Schedule Scan" "Schedule Scan.bak" md "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Schedule Scan" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Schedule Scan" /Disable schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Scheduled Start" /Disable ren "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Scheduled Start" "Scheduled Start.bak" md "%WinDir%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Scheduled Start" schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\Scheduled Start" /Disable[/quote] Disabling driver updates
    Code: reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Device Metadata" /v "PreventDeviceMetadataFromNetwork" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching" /v "DontSearchWindowsUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching" /v "SearchOrderConfig" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f reg add "HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate" /v "ExcludeWUDriversInQualityUpdate" /t REG_DWORD /d "1" /f schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\Device Setup\Metadata Refresh" /Disable[/quote]
    Same here, your post is interesting (I tweak a lot), but offtopic and you are the one insulting others, I am not even going to quote it, I would not downgrade myself to it. I pray for people, who you build laptops for. *Rolleyes

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Auto updates problems

1. Auto updates problems - Similar Threads - Auto updates problems

2. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  3. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  4. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto Restart Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Restart Problem: While I was doing some important work,my computer automatically restarted.It kept doing that process just to make me do not use Windows 10.Am I have been hacked by someone or any reasons?Are there any solution for this?...
  6. Auto scrolling problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto scrolling problem: In my windows I have a problem of auto scrolling. I have turn off 'scroll inactive windows when I hover over them'. But, that was a temporary solution and after sometime again auto scrolling started. So is there any other solution?...
  7. Problems with auto color enhancement after updating

Problems with auto color enhancement after updating: [IMG][ATTACH] I have been using your program for a long time and everything will turn out fine. BUT after the update I can not use the photo enhancement function. The screen attached 1 and 2. The arrow noted that when the slider moves, nothing changes (. Tell me how to fix...
  8. Windows 19 auto update caused problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 19 auto update caused problems: Pc suddenly one day wouldnt operate properly. All programs slow and alternately running and not responding. No evidence of virus or maleware etc. with defender and malwarebites. Hoping it was a auto update that would eventually get fixed, i cycled power every day for a week...
  9. Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto Update 07/29 causing problems?: My computer appears to have undergone an automatic Windows 10 update on 07/29. Immediately afterward, odd stuff started happening: 1) the notification message for the USB port that will charge while the computer is in "sleep" mode started a repetitive loop; the only way I...
  10. Java auto update problem

Java auto update problem: Hi there. I have a user who needs Java 7 to run a java program to do some work in our organization. The Java 8 updates from SCCM/config mgr to her computer is been blocked because it messes with the current setup. I have trouble diabling the java 7 update function. The...