Windows 10: Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml

Discus and support Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Community, I am currently trying to find out if it is possible to automate just the OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with an Autounattend.xml file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maditu, Feb 18, 2019.

1. maditu Win User

Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml

Dear Community,

I am currently trying to find out if it is possible to automate just the OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with an Autounattend.xml file.

In this particular use case, the devices are delievered with a preinstalled Windows 10 Pro version 1803. The goal is to use the preinstalled OEM image. When startging the devices for the first time, they start with OOBE. We want to automate these steps. The idea was to create an answer file which just holds parameters for the oobeSystem pass and let the resulting Autounattend.xml file be consumed from a removable USB drive.

Does somebody have experience with a similar use case? Will Windows 10 still search for an Autounattend.xml file just before entering the oobeSystem Pass? Or is an Autounattend .xml just usable when going trough all configurationen passes of Windows?

The Microsoft documentation was no help for me regarding this particular question.

Best regards,
    Manuel

:)

maditu, Feb 18, 2019
  2. M.Dickey Win User

Fully Automate Windows 10 installation with autounattend

Good Morning,

I am currently working on developing and autounattend file for Windows 10 Enterprise edition for my organization. This is my first autounattend file. I am using the WSIM to develop the file. It works with a few exceptions. These exceptions greatly hinder
    our installation process.

The goal is to not have to touch the computer during the installation process. I still have to choose the OS and once the install is complete I have to choose the network discovery. This will not work for us.

Does anyone know what components handle these two settings. I have supplied the Product Key in amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Shell_Setup_Neutral\imageInstall\OSImage\InstallFrom\MetaData [Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml 26a8bad4-b226-4f23-bbb1-b139eeefdf49.jpg

I have tried the following:

With product key |[Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Without the product key [Key="/image/name"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10

Both with and without the product Key [Key="/image/description"]<Product Key> <Value>Windows 10 <-- Parsing fails

I really need my answer file to provide this information so that we do not have to watch over the computer during the installation process.

We also need the Network discovery to be turned off in the answer file so that the screen does not appear.

Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml b49e3aa7-7218-4af3-b2f7-bf0992a8151d.jpg

For this I have set the following:

7 oobe System\amd65_Microsoft-Windows Shell Setup_neutral\OOBE\

<HideEULAPage> True

<HideLocalAccountScreen> True

<HideOEMRegistrationScreen> Trure

<Hide WirelessSetupinOOBE> True

<ProtectYourPC> 3

<SkipMachineOOBE> True <-- Though Deprecated

Does anyone have any advice on how to make my windows 10 install completely unattended.

Thank You,

M

M.Dickey, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Andre Da Costa, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Problems after enabling built-in administrator account

It's better to completely automate OOBE, bypassing all OOBE dialogs simply by taking care of them in answer file. See this tutorial, Step Three shows how to prepare unattend.xml for automated OOBE: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Thema:

1. Automate just OOBE setup pass of Windows 10 with Autounattend.xml - Similar Threads - Automate OOBE setup

2. Creating autounattend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating autounattend: Hi all, i have this issue while trying to install win 10 on my elitepad tablet. It boots up but i am unable to touch anything. Because usb hub cost stupid +200$ i though of creating unattend.xml file. But to my surprise it dont work. Does anyone of you have tips or...
  3. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  4. Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 autounattend xml installation problem: Hi guys, I have a problem with autounattend XML install. Basically, I have a Windows image that is downloaded from MS and edited to skip all steps for setup. The windows boots and wipe the hard drive created partitions, select language, and created one admin account with the...
  5. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: I would like to clean a secondary data drive and select the drive that Windows 10 Setup should clean and install to. I would like Windows setup to clean and repartition the drive I select just like I specified in the unattend.xml file. Is this possible, or is there another...
  6. Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?

Is it possible to select disk during autounattended setup?: My unattend.xml looks like this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64"...
  7. Repeating OOBE setup for missed Windows 10 activation

Repeating OOBE setup for missed Windows 10 activation: I bought a refurbished computer and unfortunately missed the Windows activation when setting up without an internet connection. According to the seller's brief instructions, the computer must be connected to the Internet during the OOBE setup: "Activation of Windows will...
  8. Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition

Autounattend - Automate DiskConfiguration while keeping one partition: Hello, I'm currently trying to create an unattended file for Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the part of configuring the partitions. I have 1 disk with C: and D: partiton and I would like to keep the D: partition. So is it possible to keep the D: partition while the other...
  9. SCCM Deployment OOBE issue using xml File

SCCM Deployment OOBE issue using xml File: Hi All I am rolling out windows 10 Enterprise using SCCM. The image that I have taken is from the msdn network and has a option of which Image i would like to use. (Please see pic labelled 1) [img] I am trying to create an automation so that it does not prompt me for...
  10. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 oobe

2. windows 10 automate oobe

3. automate windows 10 oobe unattend.xml