Windows 10: Automatic App Updates Grayed Out

Discus and support Automatic App Updates Grayed Out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It says to contact the system admin about changing that setting, but I am the one and only user of this computer... [img] 13147 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Chris2005 Win User

Automatic App Updates Grayed Out

It says to contact the system admin about changing that setting, but I am the one and only user of this computer...

Automatic App Updates Grayed Out [​IMG]

:)

Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015
  2. oroz61 Win User

How do I fix my store app. It's grayed out and I can't open It. I tried the appf fix and it didn't work. I also tried clearing the Cache and still didn't work. Please help.

I need help please. My app store is not working. I noticed a few days ago that some of my app are grayed out. My store app is all grayed out and I can't open it. I already tried clearing the cache and use the fix my app from the windows website and still
    didn't work.

There are a few of my apps that are all grayed out as well and it needed repair or reinstall the app. How did this happen? All of those app icons were all there when my computer automatically update my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. PLEASE HELP... :-(

Thank you,

oroz61, Aug 5, 2015
  3. amir-vxj Win User
    Windows Time (clock) out of sync

Since the last update, I had on my windows 10 - 64bit pro, the time is out of sync whenever I boot up the windows.

set time automatically & set timezone automatically are
    ON and selected timezone (grayed out) is also correctly showing my town, but the time is wrong. I should always turn the setTimeAuto OFF and ON then windows syncs the clock, and on next shutdown and boot up, again the same problem.

• set time automatically -> ON
    • set timezone automatically -> ON
    • change date and time -> grayed out
    • TimeZone -> grayed out and correct chosen city
    • adjust for daylight saving time automatically -> ON grayed out
    • don't show additional calendars
    • internet time settings -> sync with time server ~ time.windows.com & time.nist.gov (tried both)

amir-vxj, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Chris2005 Win User
    Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you haven't already, see if restarting the PC may fully apply the .reg file.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Chris2005 Win User
    I checked the registry and the key wasn't even added to the registry.

Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015
  8. Automatic App Updates Grayed Out

Mine is also inactive. I presume it is because it is the Home edition; I upgraded Win7 Home Premium.

I'd call this a early release bug. It's most likely an over zealous developer carrying over the WU controls (or lack there of). Users better be able to decide if the apps get updated - apps aren't the OS.

Ummmm well maybe some of them are - but hey I might not want my games updated.

Slartybart, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I just checked a clean install of Windows 10 Home in a VM, and it's the same in it as well.

It looks like the no opting out of automatic updates in the Home edition applies to everything.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Thanks for checking / confirming.

Slartybart, Aug 5, 2015
  11. Chris2005 Win User
    I'm not talking about Windows Updates updates, but rather app updates, e.g. Netflix, etc. I can't enable or disable that option to have my apps update automatically.

Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm referring to both automatic Windows Updates and app updates can't be changed in Home.

Brink, Aug 5, 2015
  13. Chris2005 Win User

That's strange... so are the apps already forced to update automatically in Home?

Chris2005, Aug 5, 2015
  14. Chris2005 Win User
    That's silly. Personally, I don't mind the Windows updates... but app updates too...

Chris2005, Aug 6, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, that's the price of going with Home instead of Pro. *Sad

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Automatic App Updates Grayed Out - Similar Threads - Automatic App Updates

2. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  3. Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow an app through firewall is grayed out.: I am trying to allow an app through my firewall but when I go to the settings the options are all grayed out and I can't figure out why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/allow-an-app-through-firewall-is-grayed-out/d47ccb51-c94f-4218-9e7e-393ce15aa1ca
  4. App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store: The button is not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-updates-is-grayed-out-in-microsoft-store/e319ab9e-245c-44f8-a34d-5da63c2288fa
  5. App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store

App Updates is grayed out In Microsoft Store: The button is not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-updates-is-grayed-out-in-microsoft-store/e319ab9e-245c-44f8-a34d-5da63c2288fa
  6. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  7. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  8. Set time Automatically grayed Out

9. grayed out sync settings in mail app

grayed out sync settings in mail app: can someone tell me why suddenly my mail app will not sync to my email account like it has been doing fine for several years and will not allow me to access sync options because that section in manage your acct is grayed out? Ty for help with fixing this....
  10. Delete button grayed out in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete button grayed out in People app: I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-button-grayed-out-in-people-app/2796f9bc-a625-471a-9706-bc452ba715d6