Windows 10: automatic maintenance win 10

Discus and support automatic maintenance win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i want to disable this feature how to do it? as i have new ssd if this defragments my ssd it may be bad for my ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tushar_gamer, Sep 26, 2018.

1. automatic maintenance win 10

i want to disable this feature how to do it? as i have new ssd if this defragments my ssd it may be bad for my ssd

:)

tushar_gamer, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Rong Jie Win User

Questions about Automatic Maintenance

I am not sure if there is a better name for Automatic Maintenance, I am referring to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.

How I know defragmentation is part of Automatic Maintenance:

• Open Defragmenter.
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Security and Maintenance > Maintenance > Automatic Maintenance.
    • Start Maintenance.
    • Go back to defragmenter, you will see it starts running.
    Since Automatic Maintenance will try to run during idle time and defragmentation is part of it, my HDD is being (partially) defragmented everyday. Is it harmful to my HDD?

Rong Jie, Sep 26, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Can I have a tray icon for automatic maintenance windows 10

On windows 8.1 it did always a windows defender scan with automatic maintenance, since I'm using defender on this 10 laptop, I think it will scan on this laptop as well when it does maintenance.

P4-630, Sep 26, 2018
  4. automatic maintenance win 10

Automatic Maintenance Bug?

No it's a feature.

Here is how to turn it off:
    TenForums Tutorial - Enable or Disable Automatic Maintenance in Windows 10

slicendice, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

automatic maintenance win 10

1. automatic maintenance win 10 - Similar Threads - automatic maintenance

2. Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?: Hi All,I like to use the Automatic Maintenance feature once in a while. I start it manually .. it's not set to start by itself.My question, though, is:If I do any work on the computer, will Automatic Maintenance stop or be interrupted?In other words ... do I have to be...
  3. Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Maintenance - can I keep working?: Hi All,I like to use the Automatic Maintenance feature once in a while. I start it manually .. it's not set to start by itself.My question, though, is:If I do any work on the computer, will Automatic Maintenance stop or be interrupted?In other words ... do I have to be...
  4. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. I want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle, disrupting my work...
  5. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  6. WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.

WIndows 10 Automatic maintenance not working as required. How to disable it.: My automatic maintenance does not work on Windows 10 as required. Im sick of it and want to disable it. Its only meant to run once a day at the set time but everyone knows that doesnt happen and it seems to scan numerous times throughout the day when my computer is idle,...
  7. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?: When I open my "Security and Maintenance", & click on: "Start maintenance", it continues to say: "Maintenance in progress" & never changes.Now after 2 days, Windows Maintenance keeps running when idle, the icon for maintenance stays in the taskbar even after hours, so I think...
  8. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?: When I open my "Security and Maintenance", & click on: "Start maintenance", it continues to say: "Maintenance in progress" & never changes.Now after 2 days, Windows Maintenance keeps running when idle, the icon for maintenance stays in the taskbar even after hours, so I think...
  9. Automatic Maintenance never ends: How do I fix this ?

10. Automatic maintenance behavior

Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...