Windows 10: Automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n days

Discus and support Automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n days in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All! I have set my computer to automatically create scheduled DAILY Restore Points. Is there a way to automatically delete Scheduled Restored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bit, Feb 20, 2019.

1. BIT
    Bit Win User

Automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n days

Hi All!

I have set my computer to automatically create scheduled DAILY Restore Points.

Is there a way to automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n (3, 4, 5,...) days?

Thank you,

:)

2. Tooslow Win User

Scheduling automatic creation of System Restore Points"

OK, talking to myself here, but it might help someone else. I have persevered and come to the conclusion that 0x0 means that a program ran successfully and is not an error code as reported on many web pages. If you doubt this, look in Task Scheduler at the
    programs that run at start up time. They all show 0x0 and they are working.

So why no restore point? I have come to the conclusion that System Restore decides that one is not necessary, probably because one was taken in the last n days. Don't ask me what n is. Maybe a week? To test this theory I deleted
    all restore points and waited for my scheduled Restore Point creation task to run. Voila! A restore point.

Cracked it.

John

Tooslow, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Ubtree Win User

Scheduling System Restore Point Creation

I have tried to precisely follow the instructions set out in System Restore Point : Create at System Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums, but the Task Scheduler / script is failing to create a restore point:
    • Running the script manually creates a Restore Point.
    • Task Scheduler appears to run the script, but no Restore Point results.

Automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n days [​IMG]

(The Last Run Result code 0x41301 indicates "The task is already running".)

The Task Scheduler settings are as follows:

I would be grateful for any suggestions as to why the restore points are not being created.

Ubtree, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Automatically delete Scheduled Restored Points older than n days - Similar Threads - Automatically delete Scheduled

2. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  3. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are system restore points deleted automatically?: So 2 weeks ago I checked system restore out of curiosity and I had atleast like 5 restore points, I checked today and now I only have two, what happened?...
  4. are system restore points deleted automatically?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Restore Points Schedule

System Restore Points Schedule: Hi!I recently posted a question regarding a BSOD that surprisngly I can't get out of...What I found amusing after failing to restore the computer since I don't have restore points, I had a burst of questions and doubts regarding system Restore Points:What is the default...
  6. Restore Points automatically deleting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Points automatically deleting: Is it possible to make one restore point that windows wont delete it, if it is already created? submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k822y5/restore_points_automatically_deleting/
  7. Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted

Task Scheduler Restore Point deleted: BACKGROUND: I am attempting to create a Restore Point on 4 different computers in my office. I am successfully able to manually create a restore point using powershell.exe. Action: -ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Command "Checkpoint-Computer -Description \"BDRE-CHRIS Restore...
  8. System restore points automatically deleted?

System restore points automatically deleted?: In windows 10, are system restore points automaticaly deleted after days, weeks, months, or even years? Or would i have to delete the restore points (via disk cleanup utility) Your help is grealty appreciated, thanks in advance for your help!...
  9. Creating restore points on a schedule?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Creating restore points on a schedule?: Is there a way to get Win 10 to create system restore points on a schedule (e.g. once a day)? 117236
  10. Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduled Instant Restore Point - No Restore Point Created: I followed the instruction to manually create a Manual Restore Point and that works fine. Then I decided to set up the task in the Task Scheduler to automatically create a restore point once daily. For some reason the task is started as it should but it never completes and I...