Windows 10: automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot?

Discus and support automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just wondering if this is possible. I use my number pad as a number pad, and it's annoying typing my pin only to realize it didn't work. Any my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, Dec 14, 2016.

1. automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot?

Just wondering if this is possible. I use my number pad as a number pad, and it's annoying typing my pin only to realize it didn't work. Any my keyboard is backlit but the backlight is controlled by the scrollock button.

:)

FuturDreamz, Dec 14, 2016

2. Num lock gets disabled when locking the computer (Win + L) in windows 10

Hi Esteban,

You might really need to frequently use the numeric keypad if your Windows account password or user name includes numerals. For that, you need to enable NumLock, which may not on by default on your Login screen/Lock screen in Windows 10. As a workaround in
    enabling Num Lock by default, you may follow the steps below:

This does not require any Registry hacks or changes to system settings.

1. On the Login/Lock screen, press the NumLock key on the keyboard to turn it on.

2. The Login screen contains a power button in the bottom right corner. Use it to reboot Windows: Windows 10 reboot from login screen

The next time Windows boots, NumLock will be automatically enabled.

Update us with the result.

Jenicel Dri, Dec 14, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 14, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot?

Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals. NumLock and ScrollLock, and if they are disabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys, Enable them.

spunk, Dec 14, 2016
  5. SonicBlue Win User
  6. Berton Win User
    I can live with the NumLock issue but the biggest flop is that the light in the key is disabled, can't tell what its state is, just have to try it.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot?

1. automatically enable numlock and scrollock on boot? - Similar Threads - automatically enable numlock

2. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  3. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop: I am lookin to always have the Numlock key on regardless of whether I press it. I do NOT need help turning it on upon startup. One major example of my issue is that I’ll use the alt+7 function to create a • while typing a lengthy amount of text for work. While alt codes help...
  4. How to PERMANENTLY enable Numlock on a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a NumLock icon to enable somewhere on Windows 11? If not, could it be added?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a NumLock icon to enable somewhere on Windows 11? If not, could it be added?: I recently got a new HP laptop with Windows 11 installed which does not have any lights to indicate NumLock is enabled. I've ran into this problem multiple times already, and the Toggle Keys feature in Accessibility in the settings is very... harsh sounding and not good for...
  6. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  7. Windows 10 1909 Boots with Numlock Disabled?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 Boots with Numlock Disabled?: I've looked into this already and I tried making the registry edits suggested here. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/numlock-startup-windows-7-8, and here https://superuser.com/a/1206367 "First, head to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard. Double-click the...
  8. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  9. Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Numlock is Disabled Everytime at Bootup - How Do I Enable it?: Everytime I boot windows my numlock is disabled. I tried to edit the registry but that doesnt work. How do i enable it everytime my PC boots? 105464
  10. NumLock status at logon from cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    NumLock status at logon from cold boot: Hi all, bit of a weird one here. I chose to log in use the PIN option. I like typing with the num pad. At the log on screen Num Lock was always off. 1. Checked the BIOS settings: Ensured that the NumLock status in the BIOS was set to enabled 2. Modified the...