Windows 10: Automatically show print queue?

Discus and support Automatically show print queue? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just bought a new HP Laser Jet printer (M277dw) and its working really great. But it doesn't automatically show any kind of print queue. Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gerryex, Aug 6, 2017.

1. gerryex Win User

Automatically show print queue?

Just bought a new HP Laser Jet printer (M277dw) and its working really great. But it doesn't automatically show any kind of print queue. Is there any way to set up Win 10 to have the printer queue popup automatically as soon as a print job has been submitted?

Thanks,
    Gerry

:)

gerryex, Aug 6, 2017

2. Printer will not print color

printer will not print color when i want it to. the test page prints color, shows color levels are good. i go to advanced settings and select color..but it automatically sets it back to monochromatic as soon as i exit the settings menu. will not print
    anything for me in color.

AliciaCastro2, Aug 6, 2017
  3. baybe603 Win User
    Printer will not print color

My HP envy 5540 printer will not print color when I want it to. The test page prints color, shows color levels are good. I go to advanced settings and select color but it automatically sets it back to monochromatic as soon as I exit the settings
    menu. Will not print anything for me in color.

baybe603, Aug 6, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Gerry, *Smile

I'm not certain for how to have the printer queue automatically open, but you should have a printer queue icon in the taskbar notification area whenever you have a print job that you can click on to open it.

If you like, you could also use the method in the tutorial below to create a shortcut of the printer queue.

*Arrow Create Printer Queue Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Aug 6, 2017
  5. gerryex Win User
    Hi Brink,

Thanks for the suggestion as I am already using the notification area icon to bring up the queue. I also saw the other thread about making a shortcut for the queue and may give that try.

But I would still like to have the queue popup automatically when a print job is started. So if there are any other suggestions I would welcome them!

Thanks,
    Gerry

gerryex, Aug 6, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Some brands will do it such as Epson one of my clients has, maybe others have a setting in their software for it. I never thought about with my HP Laserjet and OfficeJet but didn't get it on a default install, may have to check into that.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Automatically show print queue? - Similar Threads - Automatically show print

2. Print Queue will NOT open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Queue will NOT open: Windows 11. 22H2. 22621.2283Since last windows update, I can not open my print queues. Settings, Printers & Scanners, Printer.When I click "Open Print Queue" nothing happens. I have done a few hours of research and found nothing.I have removed all printers from system &...
  3. Print Queue - view

Print Queue - view: Hi, how can I switch to the list view at the Print Queue?I need to review and check several print jobs in the company print queue and current Tiles view in Win 11 is not sufficient.Thank you for advice...
  4. Print Queue

Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  5. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Queue: I have an old Toshiba laptop that has a document stuck in the printer queue. I cannot print/delete/cancel it and it deters any other document from printing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/8977885d-df91-45b6-bab3-581e2bbea65c
  6. Print Queue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Printer queue clearing up automatically without printing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer queue clearing up automatically without printing: I'm on Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, and strangely my printer has stopped working when print job is triggered from windows. Stand-alone test prints working fine on print, so surely something wrong with my windows now. Has any latest update broke it? If so, what's the...
  8. print queue missing

print queue missing: Hi Everyone, I had tp reconfigure my printer and had a queue waiting on my laptop to print. By the time I got my printer setup for my laptop my queue of stuff to print has disappeared. HELP...
  9. print queue

print queue: printed documents not deleting from queue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-queue/b150abdb-b439-4244-abc1-cfd1ab473bb3
  10. Print Queue Issue

Print Queue Issue: Hello! I am having persistent issues on numerous units where the print jobs will get stuck in the print queue. I am able to fix the error by restarting the spooler everytime, however, this is happening on unattended devices used to print receipts, so I restarting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. automatically show print queue