Windows 10: avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant

Discus and support avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant use windows 10 defender it says antivirus from some one else is defending my pc I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbean, Sep 23, 2016.

1. jimbean Win User

avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant

avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant use windows 10 defender it says antivirus from some one else is defending my pc
    I went through all of my installed apps and I don't see any other antivirus`s installed

:)

jimbean, Sep 23, 2016
  2. THud81 Win User

Windows 10 install, frozen and black screen

This happened to me 2x in a row. Install gets about halfway done with the process and blank screen, no activity. Waited an hr and then restarted. Install tries to finish install and cant and then reinstalls old OS. I just uninstalled AVG antivirus and malwarebytes
    and took out my wireless mouse keyboard after initializing install for 3rd time. Will report if that works.

edit: did not work still frozen and I cannot tell if the computer is working or not as my All in one does not have the indicator light to tell me if its working. i dont hear any clicks just the fan. will leave it for now.

THud81, Sep 23, 2016
  3. glenn2192 Win User
    after i scanned my computer with avg i cant download or open online downloading sites or even open the site of ytd to download it or other sites where i can download ytd

I am downloading vidoes using ytd then I scan my computer using avg after it scanned my ytd cant be open anymore so I uninstall it and try to download it but I cant downlad it anymore the other websites where opening but the site where I can download ytd
    wont open and also other online downloading sites wont open, I tired videos from youtube to solve this problem but it wont work I tried to off avg but still wont do and I even uninstall avg also but still it wont do, please help me, thanks!

glenn2192, Sep 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  5. Borg 386 Win User
    You might want to run CCleaner after the uninstall tool & see if it finds any orphan files associated with AVG, also do a reg scan with CCleaner to make sure all the reg entries are gone.

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Although, the AVG removal tool should uninstall it & revert control back to Defender.

Borg 386, Sep 23, 2016
  6. jimbean Win User
    did 1 st reply awhile back thankyou nojoy
    doing second reply now after reboot

jimbean, Sep 23, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    You may end up having to search the registry for AVG entries. Regscanner (free) is convenient for this as it lists all results, unlike regedit.

Or you may be lucky if you search the web and find someone who has posted the relevant registry entry.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  8. jimbean Win User

jimbean, Sep 23, 2016
  9. jimbean Win User
    keeps saying I have another antivirus installed
    I installed the free windows 10 upgrade while avg was running (my mistake)
    I fixed on a windows 7 machine by rolling back update removing avg then re upgrading to windows 10 for free
    but on this machine I am using now which was windows 8.1 I waited to long to roll back the free upgrade
    so now ive been searching the internet for a fix for 6 months

jimbean, Sep 23, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    I once had this sort of problem swapping from one AV to another.

1. Create a System Restore point.
    2. Download & install Regscanner
    3. Launch it and scan for AVG
    4. Now you need to be careful. Inspect each result in turn- Open Regedit from Regscanner (rt click on the result) and delete it if happy.

Restart, see if you can use Defender etc.

dalchina, Sep 23, 2016
  11. jimbean Win User
    I don't know what I did or didn't do but I used the link I pasted a couple of more times the way you guys said on the page and kept looking at the registry, just looking and looked at system services and the computer started to lock up while I was surfing the www so I rebooted now defender is working (the story of my life I stumbled upon it)

jimbean, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. avg was installed used there uninstaller 6 times in a row still cant - Similar Threads - avg was installed

2. un-installing AVG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    un-installing AVG: HelloThis AVG browser installed itself and I just find it every time I start my laptop. I can stop it appearing but I want to uninstall it. To do so it requires my admin password. However I forgot my password and tried the words I frequently use in vein. The uninstall window...
  3. Uninstall AVG Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus: If I uninstall AVG antivirus while in older Windows version like Windows 7, 8 etc, is firewall still on and unsupported microsoft defender enabled back automatically?...
  4. How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.

How to Uninstall an uninvited AVG Browser; Requested AVG Antivirus.: Long ago in the days of UK Pub Space Invaders. About 1981 or 2; I started using Microsoft O.S. V.3.1,or 2. with a Qume Sprint 5 Daisy Wheel Printer with a KSR Keyboard; An 80 column 32K computer; 5 inch twin disk drives and software costing the Price of a House. All up in the...
  5. Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstall AVG Antivirus Free version: Can someone please help? I downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus Free version a while ago and have since uninstalled it but I keep getting the message regarding Windows Update saying that I need to uninstall that programme as it is preventing the update from being...
  6. AVG Installation

AVG Installation: I needed to uninstall my AVG as it was not stable. Can you tell me how to reinstate, When I uninstalled my AVG I selected reinstall after finishing I tried & my laptop would not return AVG I am now asking if you can help please * Moved from Windows Essentials...
  7. AVG apps won't uninstall completely

AVG apps won't uninstall completely: I want to completely remove all AVG apps from my Surface Pro but they won't uninstall. * Original title: AVG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/avg-apps-wont-uninstall-completely/7cdb8bff-154c-4303-a986-1ed15fe4b295
  8. Uninstalling AVG Free

Uninstalling AVG Free: This is causing big headache, as what ever I try I am meeting with error oxC0070643. Has anyone had a similar experience, and hoe did they solve it, please? I know I can go to their support, but before that I'd like to hear what others did. Sometimes it can be less tortuous....
  9. Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker

Uninstalling AVG antivirus trouble-maker: Hello, Finally have decided to remove AVG antivirus software, too many troubles recently (posted to you my story this week). But first I have some questions: 1. Uninstall from control panel 2. Uninstall with CCleaner. 3. Uninstall using AVG remover tool...
  10. After uninstalling AVG, no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After uninstalling AVG, no internet: Here's what happened to a friend's laptop (with windows 10 x64). He had Avg free installed and asked me to remove it and install something else. I uninstalled it restarted and lo and behold, no internet. Wifi was connected though, everything ok in device manager as well. I...