Windows 10: Background apps

Discus and support Background apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Some background apps appear even when turned off the only thing that stop them from appearing is disable superfetch or to open the apps and close them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edward, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Edward Win User

Background apps

Some background apps appear even when turned off the only thing that stop them from appearing is disable superfetch or to open the apps and close them or end them from task manager. Is there are way I can stop these apps from appearing in task manager?

:)

Edward, Apr 29, 2016

2. TextNow app and windows 10 mobile

Hello,

Recently, I downloaded the TextNow app for free texting and phone calls over wifi. I realised that when I was not on the app I could not get the calls in background. I then opened my list of background apps and came to the conclusion that it was not reconised
    as a background app and therefore could not sync in background.

Is it possible to add an app to sync in background?

Thanks for any help,

Planetoid127

JonathanSmith1, Apr 29, 2016
  3. HandyR Win User
    Lumia 730 ds : background downloading issue

What are you downloading exactly? In windows phone only the app which is currently in foreground will be executed. If any up is in background it will be stopped. Exeptions are speciall background tasks, provided by some apps. Execution of background task
    could be allowed or blocked in energy saver settings for each app which provides background tasks.

Please check if the app you are using provides background tasks and check if background tasks are allowed for this application.

HandyR, Apr 29, 2016
  4. Background apps

Do you have them set as default apps? Then again, they take zero resources in standby mode. *Nerd

TairikuOkami, Apr 29, 2016
  5. Edward Win User
    Hi, Thanks for the reply, yes they are set as defaults so it's normal? *Smile

Edward, Apr 29, 2016
  6. Well I have superfetch disabled, so I can not tell, I have also different apps set as defaults, so they do not start for me.
    Settings and Store are separate, I guess you use them often, in that case, it might be beneficial, if they are already started.

TairikuOkami, Apr 29, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 30, 2016
  8. Edward Win User

Background apps

They are all off but they are still appearing maybe because I used them so superfetch make them in the background to open them faster, Maybe?

Edward, Apr 30, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Finally had a look at my task manager.. where you have Groove Music -> Photos listed, I don't, except for Store.

Not done anything special to stop them appearing. Cortana does of course (and I don't use it)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Background apps

1. Background apps - Similar Threads - Background apps

2. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  3. When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i have a game open all background apps take a few seconds for audio to come in.: Whenever i open a game it goes into exclusive mode but I have exclusive mode disabled. I had this problem a few month ago and disabled it and now its happening again without it active....
  4. Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where is the windows 10 mail app background image located?: I've been trying to find it in my files, so far I have tried:C:\Windows\InfusedApps\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_17.6002.42251.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\images\ - "InfusedApps" doesn't exist for me when I search in...
  5. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  6. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  7. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  8. How do i remove these app background in app list?

How do i remove these app background in app list?: i've just updated my windows and it did this, it added background to my apps in app list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-these-app-background-in-app-list/e7a1c6f6-7146-452c-a4c8-a846b6894165
  9. How do i remove these app background in app list?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn my background apps on after somehow turning it off?: I was trying to fix a lag issue i was having with a game and it showed how to turn it off for windows 10 but I use windows 11, I somehow managed to turn background apps off but I can't figure out how to turn it back on no matter how many times i search it up it always tells...