Windows 10: Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

Discus and support Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Code: :: Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 @Echo Off net sess>nul 2>&1||(powershell start cmd -ArgumentList """/c %~0""" -verb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FreeBooter, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

Code:
    *Arrow Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

:)

FreeBooter, Sep 24, 2019

2. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

Code:
    *Arrow Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

FreeBooter, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Baodad Win User
    How to backup Windows 10 start menu layout?

From this link: Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

1. Back up registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    2. Back up file %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\DefaultLayouts.xml

To restore:

1. (Mess with registry at your own risk) Delete registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount (you cannot omit this step)
    2. Merge registry key backed up in steps above.
    3. Restore DefaultLayouts.xml file backed up in above steps, overwriting current %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\DefaultLayouts.xml
    4. Sign out of Windows and sign back in again.

Baodad, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

Thema:

Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10

1. Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Backup Restore Start

2. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  3. Start menu layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu layout: Hey guys!I recently installed Windows 11 on my computer with a fresh install. I've had it on my secondary computer since beta. On my new install I have no option under personalization for start menu layout. Is this only in the beta builds currently or should it be in the main...
  4. Backup start menu tile layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup start menu tile layout: Hi all, I have quite a few websites installed as fake apps via Microsoft Edge these days.I access all of these via pinned icons on the Windows 10 start menu. I've had issues before where a Windows 10 update or Edge update has wiped out these websites installed as fake apps,...
  5. Backup Start Menu layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup Start Menu layout: I do not know where to ask this question as none of the little drop down boxes has anything to do with the Start Menu. Question: Is there is any way to backup my start menu on my main Windows 10 computer so that I can use it on my other windows 10 machines. My main computer...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu Layout

Windows 10 Start Menu Layout: So I'm trying to update my users' start layouts using Group Policy Management. All computers are running Windows 10 v1903. When we first got the computers, I deployed a custom image through MDT to do all of the setup, including the start menu layout and taskbar layout and...
  7. windows start menu layout

windows start menu layout: Somehow I changed to the icon tiles on the start menu. I want the classic menu list instead. Now I can't change it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-menu-layout/f2ea93ee-57c8-4a20-a6e7-af7a6108f6ab
  8. Start menu layout

Start menu layout: Is there a way to reset the start menu layout? Like when you start a new user? I'm using windows 10 version 1803. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/start-menu-layout/a51f03a8-cc0c-4d8f-82df-8c2de79651a1
  9. is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    is there a bat that can backup and restore start menu ?: Hi is there a bat file to backup and restore the start menu ? thanks 19253
  10. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10 The Live Folders. This can be handy if you do not want to have to setup your Start menu layout from scratch again. Say after a clean install of Windows 10....