Windows 10: Bad password

Discus and support Bad password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am repairing a new Windows 10 installation for neighbor who is very old. The problem is she cannot remember her Microsoft login. Her daughter and her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lenberman, Jun 7, 2016.

1. lenberman Win User

Bad password

I am repairing a new Windows 10 installation for neighbor who is very old. The problem is she cannot remember her Microsoft login. Her daughter and her messed it up good and I could not reset it from Microsoft either. So now we have a W10 computer that I can't get into. I am thinking that I may have to go into the hard drive and pull her user folder and reinstall everything. Is there any other way to correct this?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 7, 2016

2. Windows Stuck in Offline Mode

So my laptop is able to connect to Wi-Fi, go online, watch videos and stuff like that. But when it comes to trying to use the Marketplace, Apps that require an online connection or updating I'm told my laptop is offline. I have tried several upon several
    methods and none of them work, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

A Bad Password, Jun 7, 2016
  3. I don't want to log in to use my computer after it starts up. How do I disable that?

Bad idea with no password. In Vista and 7 as I can remember, you had to have a password and for good reasons.

seahawks65, Jun 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Bad password

Nothing that any of us can help you in recovering it. If it is a Live Login, you are pretty much SOL on trying to get Microsoft's India Call Center to pick up or reply on recovering.

Whoever set it up, should have put in a recovery if lost option.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  5. lenberman Win User
    Is there a way to reinstall W10 on a computer that I can't login to?

lenberman, Jun 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes, just Clean Install and setup with a Local account. Alive account is only needed for the store and Tiles.

Then just use a new email account to set up a Live account if needed, with proper rescue if the password is forgotten. Also make a password Rescue disk and keep it locked up in case this happens again.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this Tutorial to see if this helps you. Option #3 should help you in this case.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bad password

1. Bad password - Similar Threads - Bad password

2. Boot loop error with bad password certificate after changing password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop error with bad password certificate after changing password.: OK, so I’ve taken MCSE in 2008 back when it was XP days. So I am not a noob, however, I noticed after January 20h2 update and windows defender I noticed windows defender security update wouldn’t install just sit there on ideal till it failed. 20h2 with windows has been...
  3. Boot loop error with bad password certificate after changing password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop error with bad password certificate after changing password.: OK, so I’ve taken MCSE in 2008 back when it was XP days. So I am not a noob, however, I noticed after January 20h2 update and windows defender I noticed windows defender security update wouldn’t install just sit there on ideal till it failed. 20h2 with windows has been...
  4. Boot loop error with bad password certificate after changing password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix bad system config code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password

How to fix bad system config code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password: So I tried a fix for hardware reserved ram using msconfig and set it to 0, after rebooting it only bsod and a screen tells me that the system has been ported to safe mode, sometimes I would get into auto repair but I don't have the password to the only account there...
  6. How to fix bad system config code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix bad system config code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password: So I tried a fix for hardware reserved ram using msconfig and set it to 0, after rebooting it only bsod and a screen tells me that the system has been ported to safe mode, sometimes I would get into auto repair but I don't have the password to the only account there...
  7. How to fix bad system config code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password

8. How to fix bad error code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password

How to fix bad error code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password: So I tried a fix for hardware reserved ram using msconfig and set it to 0, after rebooting it only bsod and a screen tells me that the system has been ported to safe mode, sometimes I would get into auto repair but I don't have the password to the only account there...
  9. How to fix bad error code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix bad error code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password: So I tried a fix for hardware reserved ram using msconfig and set it to 0, after rebooting it only bsod and a screen tells me that the system has been ported to safe mode, sometimes I would get into auto repair but I don't have the password to the only account there...
  10. How to fix bad error code info bsod loop and forgotten admin password