Windows 10: Bad password

Discus and support Bad password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am repairing a new Windows 10 installation for neighbor who is very old. The problem is she cannot remember her Microsoft login. Her daughter and her... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by lenberman, Jun 7, 2016.

1. lenberman Win User

Bad password

I am repairing a new Windows 10 installation for neighbor who is very old. The problem is she cannot remember her Microsoft login. Her daughter and her messed it up good and I could not reset it from Microsoft either. So now we have a W10 computer that I can't get into. I am thinking that I may have to go into the hard drive and pull her user folder and reinstall everything. Is there any other way to correct this?
    Len

:)

lenberman, Jun 7, 2016

2. Windows Stuck in Offline Mode

So my laptop is able to connect to Wi-Fi, go online, watch videos and stuff like that. But when it comes to trying to use the Marketplace, Apps that require an online connection or updating I'm told my laptop is offline. I have tried several upon several
    methods and none of them work, does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

A Bad Password, Jun 7, 2016
  3. I don't want to log in to use my computer after it starts up. How do I disable that?

Bad idea with no password. In Vista and 7 as I can remember, you had to have a password and for good reasons.

seahawks65, Jun 7, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Bad password

Nothing that any of us can help you in recovering it. If it is a Live Login, you are pretty much SOL on trying to get Microsoft's India Call Center to pick up or reply on recovering.

Whoever set it up, should have put in a recovery if lost option.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  5. lenberman Win User
    Is there a way to reinstall W10 on a computer that I can't login to?

lenberman, Jun 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Yes, just Clean Install and setup with a Local account. Alive account is only needed for the store and Tiles.

Then just use a new email account to set up a Live account if needed, with proper rescue if the password is forgotten. Also make a password Rescue disk and keep it locked up in case this happens again.

bro67, Jun 7, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this Tutorial to see if this helps you. Option #3 should help you in this case.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bad password

1. Bad password - Similar Threads - Bad password

2. Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...: I built my PC in October 2020, at the time I could see all network devices on my home network. I recently noticed that when I click on my Network Folder it's now empty. I should see quite a few devices on this network both wired and wireless. I have no problems connecting...
  3. How to replace a Bad System File with a Good File using Windows 10 Installation Media

in Windows 10 News
    How to replace a Bad System File with a Good File using Windows 10 Installation Media: While you can use SFC, DISM, Reset & Cloud Reset options; today we show you how you can also replace a corrupt or missing system file with a good file using the Windows 10 Installation Media. [ATTACH] Replace Bad System File with Good File using Installation Media At...
  4. Windows sign in screen now integrated with another user's sign in screen. My bad for...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign in screen now integrated with another user's sign in screen. My bad for...: My husband has an all-in-one desktop Lenovo. For several days he had been having trouble with print production. I suggested that perhaps I could help him out with performing a reset to an earlier date. I've done this before on my Lenovo laptop and on his desktop with great...
  5. Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?: Summary: Two of my external hard drives have both developed "Current Pending Sectors". 1TB-drive: 11 Currently Pending Sectors initially. Evacuation/Backup went mostly fine, but rose to 12 Current Pending Sectors while copying a folder containing the most recent data. Further...
  6. Badly needed; Password manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Badly needed; Password manager.: Preferably simple and free, just something to pick up and update when a password is changed. (not LastPass) 177848
  7. Mapped drives continuously reconnect with bad password over vpn.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped drives continuously reconnect with bad password over vpn.: Title. I'm having an issue where when a user's password expires or changes, the shared drives that use those credentials continuously attempt to reconnect multiple times per second, spamming the logs. I understand that windows doesn't lock accounts out if the same password...
  8. Uninstalling Amd software to fix an issue. Ran into a bad one. Windows says my password is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling Amd software to fix an issue. Ran into a bad one. Windows says my password is...: I restarted in safe mode like you’re supposed to do after uninstalling. Easy. But now I can’t get back into my computer. It asks for my password. Usually of course, it’s the pin. Nope. Actual windows password? Nope. Now I’m stuck. I don’t know what to do. submitted by...
  9. How can I play a wav sound for a bad password entered at windows logon

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I play a wav sound for a bad password entered at windows logon: Hello there! How can I play a wav file (sound file) when a bad password is entered at windows logon (Windows 10) Thank you. 118473
  10. How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to stop "bad" websites from opening password prompts in Edge: There's these pop-up ad websites that try to scare people by saying "Your computer is infected" and such. They open a continuous stream of password prompts. As soon as I close one prompt, another password prompt pops up. I already use the AdBlock extension. I wonder...