Windows 10: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

Discus and support BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop- in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home the Dell laptop staterd fine but after an hibernation it got the BSOD showing error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gaita, Jun 11, 2016.

1. gaita Win User

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop-

After updating from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Home the Dell laptop staterd fine but after an hibernation it got the BSOD showing error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO w/o any of Win start solutions working.
    It only offers to Restore but deleting all apps running in Win 7 plus those from Dell original setup.
    Any trick to solve the issue w/o deleting Apps?
    TYIA
    Jorge
    PS: I can't run dm_log_collector.exe*Mad

:)

gaita, Jun 11, 2016

2. upgrade os

why i can't upgrade my laptop os win8.1 pro from win10.....

please do update drives for dell inspiron 5420

service tag is {6nj2gt1}

i want to win10 drives

Yuvraj jha, Jun 11, 2016
  3. Acer Aspire V5-471G Built-in Camera Issue

I am having the same trouble with my Dell Inspiron 14R 5420. By the way, Dell support has already replaced the webcam, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

kehlguilherme, Jun 11, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

What happens when you run it?

5. Ztruker Win User
    He can't boot into Windows it sounds like.

Ztruker, Jun 12, 2016
  6. gaita Win User
    You are quite right Ztruker. Thanks!
    Best

gaita, Jun 12, 2016
  7. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Actually the red line caught my attention, and I missed the key line. *Redface
    Well, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (0x74) is either a memory corruption or a system/registry hive corruption. Without a crash dump I cannot say how it is related with hibernation, but you need to do a lot of things (as we dont have a pointer to the source of the issue).

First of all, it is to make it sure that RAM is not the source of the issue. Well, you may say that I think it is not the RAM, but confirmation is required. And hence you need to test the RAM modules.
    If the RAM is not the issue, very good.

Now try Refresh first. If it works, fine. If not, it will be better to perform a clean reinstall.

8. gaita Win User

Thanks so much Arc!
    The internal Dell prestart test program (long/detailed version) show no hardware issues.
    Anyway I will run memtest86+ as you suggested.
    Best regards,

gaita, Jun 12, 2016
  9. ARC
    Arc Win User
    You are welcome mate.

If your dell is officially supported for windows 10 and the drivers are available in dell's site, then the issue would not have taken place; IMHO. But unfortunately it is not the fact.

Product Support | Dell US
    Attachment 84936
    If the RAM is free from error, then you dont have any headache at least. In that situation you can either restore back to your previous OS or perform a clean reinstall of windows 10 with the windows suggested drivers only; keeping dell supplied things off.

Apparently there is no way to keep dell supplied staff with windows 10, mate. Because of the above reason.

If your Laptop has an inbuilt factory restore mechanism, you can use that to get back to the previous OS; or you may follow this guide to do it: Windows 10 - Go Back to Previous Windows - Windows 10 Forums

If you want to perform a clean reinstall of Windows 10, do it to get the drivers: Device Driver Automatic Installation - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

10. gaita Win User
    Many thanks again Arc for your complete and detailed guidance.
    I will follow the steps you suggested.
    Once back on Win 7 or better yet on Win 10 I will mark this trend as solved/closed.
    Best
    Jorge

gaita, Jun 12, 2016
  11. ARC
    Arc Win User
    OK, keep us posted with your results. *Smile

12. gaita Win User
    After a lot of hours several days during 4 weeks I gave up my intents of saving my update w/o loosing installed applications using the useful help received here (THANKS AGAIN!*Thumbs ) and the tools offered by Win 10 to repair the installation.

Using Cmd > I saw all folders and files on my disk, all was there, but some failure, probably with a driver update after the succesful initial instalation of the OS didn't allow to complete the resetting/restarting.

Finally I resorted to a clean instalation loosing original settings and apps.

Now I am setting up my notebok again. It runs fine, very quickly.

MY SUGGESTION: don't waste too much time trying to save your originall update, it will take less time to setup your your applications after a clen install (of course, if you saved/backuped your files and information before going on).*Wink

gaita, Jul 18, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

*Thumbs Very well said!

Thema:

1. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO on DELL Inspiron 5420 Laptop- - Similar Threads - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO DELL Inspiron

2. KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001567 breaks cmd functionality on Dell 5420 laptops: After installing KB 5001567, I get this error when trying to launch cmd.exe: “The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000142 Click OK to close this application.” If I uninstall the update the issue disappears. This issue also affects PowerShell but PowerShell ISE...
  3. Sound regarding dell inspiron laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound regarding dell inspiron laptop: Hey there peeps, This all started when I was hearing static coming from my headset yesterday at about 6 pm. I tried to update my audio drivers, but they up and disappeared on me. I tried to reinstall it on my own, but nothing seems to work. Things you should know: I...
  4. Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot problems with Dell Inspiron Laptop: Ok so the problems with my Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop started when it closed while performing a factory reset. Ever sonce then its been unable to boot up. Now when i turn it on it askes me to enter the system password, when i do so it just says “cannot find enabled boot...
  5. windows 10 dell inspiron laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 dell inspiron laptop: One question?? My problem is windows 10 was locked forgot system password so i went to bios it said password notset. i ran installation cd for windows 7 on same harddisk this system operates great. how do i change operating system back and reset factory settings??...
  6. Wifi driver for windows 10 dell 14 r inspiron 5420

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi driver for windows 10 dell 14 r inspiron 5420: Hi, i didnot found the wifi driver for the windows 10 dell insipiron 5420. Can you guys please suggest me. My wifi keeps disconnecting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-driver-for-windows-10-dell-14-r-inspiron-5420/4555feb3-e71c-46a8-a017-0a4131b384aa
  7. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Inspiron: I have a 6 yr old Dell Inspiron 15 laptop running Windows 10. I had external speakers (Logitech) working fine for years, playing my ITunes music. I decided to improve my sound further by connecting to my new Polk speakers via my Yamaha AVR. No sound. Internal speakers work,...
  8. gaming in laptop dell inspiron 15-3552

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gaming in laptop dell inspiron 15-3552: can I play simulation games ,pubg in my lap with these specifications: processor-intel Celeron cpu n3060 ram-4gb 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-in-laptop-dell-inspiron-15-3552/c47d1849-6e13-4874-9e27-12b69e54cbfc
  9. GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .: Hi Guys, First post in here so not entirely up to speed with the "jargon" . . . . I tried many ways to repair the above error to no avail. My Win10 Home N showing error code 0xC004C003. activation area showed Current code is ****WXCHW I had gone for the GWX way back...
  10. Dell Inspiron

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Inspiron: Hi I have been having trouble starting my dell Inspiron 6400 it was last running Windows 10 Build 9841. it was working fine with no problems at all until one morning when I tried to turn it on it was not showing Dell Logo just turning on and showing my Num lock, Scroll...