Windows 10: Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

Discus and support Battery Not Charging on Surface Book in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a surface book with Windows 10. After my last update last week odd things started happening. The battery refused to charge above 20% and various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NigelPassmore, May 6, 2019.

1. Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

I have a surface book with Windows 10. After my last update last week odd things started happening. The battery refused to charge above 20% and various battery power savings had been switched on that I didn't ask for. I've managed to switch off these savers and my battery appears to be charging but the message next to the icon is 'Plugged In Not Charging'. Can anyone help in getting my recharging back to normal.

Many thanks

Nigel

:)

NigelPassmore, May 6, 2019
  2. Shawn Win User

Surface Book battery drain while turned off

As the title describes, it happened this morning after charging it the night before to 100%, I disconnected the power source and had it on for a few minutes then turned if off. About nine hours later, I turn it one (without power chord) and it was at 33%!!

I ran a powecfg report and the cycles (~100) and watts seem normal.
    I ran a sleep study and it showed a "abnormal shutdown" around the time I turned it on. Info is below.

The system is up to date per its own autoupdater.

Any suggestions?

Time before the event (power report)

Battery Not Charging on Surface Book [​IMG]

(sleep report):

Details of the event:

thank you,

Surface Book
    i5, 8Gb, Nvidia

Shawn, May 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, May 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

Updates for Surface Book - Feb. 23, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Book (23 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Book update history

Brink, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Battery Not Charging on Surface Book

1. Battery Not Charging on Surface Book - Similar Threads - Battery Charging Surface

2. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  3. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface book 2 battery not charging: Hello,Unfortunately there was coffee spilled on the surface book. We let it dry and started a couple days later. Everything works fine, but the battery won't charge, it works if it's connected though.When we disconnect the tablet, we can charge the tablet battery, but not the...
  4. Surface book 2 battery not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Battery Wear on New Surface Book 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Wear on New Surface Book 3: The Microsoft Surface Diagnostic Toolkit shows that I have 4% battery wear on my new Surface Book 3 15", 32gb mem, 2tb ssd on the 22000 mWh battery not sure if that is the one in the keyboard or the screen. The 59700 mWh battery shows 0% battery wear. I have only had it for...
  6. Battery is not charging on Surface Laptop 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery is not charging on Surface Laptop 2: Is this a hardware or software issue? Icon shows: 0% available plugged in White light is glowing on battery charger. Laptop loses power when unplugged No previous build available in recovery options Performed clean Windows 10 install Issue not resolved powercfg...
  7. Surface Book 2 charging problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 charging problem: Hello Microsoft community, during the last couple of days I am having a problem with charging my Microsoft Surface Book 2 - when i plug the original charger, it will start charging and then stop, even though the charger is constantly plugged to the laptop. It It behaves as...
  8. Battery not charging Surface Pro 4

Battery not charging Surface Pro 4: Hi Ive done all the usial ACPi uninstall reset options It seems that i have to take the charger off and on again 3 times, the pc starts charging Then after 20 secs it stops Have to repeat the 3 times thing After 20 secs it stops Really odd...
  9. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue: On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left. Unfortuantly, my laptop only displays the percentage, not how any hours are left anymore. I have tried everything from drivers and...
  10. Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Pro or Surface Book battery not charging: [ATTACH] Surface devices, especially the Surface Book devices are pretty complex. The Surface Book’s display can be taken off to be used as a tablet whereas the Surface Pro is a tablet which gets an external keyboard (type cover) and a [...] This post Surface Pro or Surface...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it normal for the surface to stop charging