Windows 10: Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

Discus and support Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having trouble setting up HDR video playback on my new 2019 HP Spectre 15.6 OLED laptop. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Although I can play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PugMilamber, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

Hi, I'm having trouble setting up HDR video playback on my new 2019 HP Spectre 15.6 OLED laptop. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Although I can play HDR video from VLC and Netflix, I'm having trouble adjusting it

When I go into "Windows HD Color Settings" I only see a looping video of a guy walking... I don't see the buildings and mountains that are shown on this "how to" guide I found https://winaero.com/blog/calibrate-display-hdr-video-windows-10/

I only see "The Preview video below shows you what video will look like with your current video settings. Move this window to the display you're adjusting to get an accurate preview."

Below, I see "Battery Options" which is set to "Optimize for image quality"

Below that is "SDR content appearance. Move this window to the display you're adjusting. Then adjust the brightness balance between the two images."

Below that are two images size by side of a guy carrying what looks like a snowboard with a slider bar where I can set a value between 0 and 100. No matter what I click on, I can't find a way to get to the mountains picture. Even if i knew what value to choose (between 0 and 100) that would be better than nothing

Here are screen shots. i'd greatly appreciate any help!!

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback a5dbca3a-3660-4756-8684-87c86241f357?upload=true.png

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback df016bf6-2d36-456c-9ecb-a610d6f4cf12?upload=true.png

:)

PugMilamber, Dec 11, 2019

2. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

Hello,

After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen.

The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the correct saved value (around 60% in my case), but I have to touch it (every day) to have my screen at the correct SDR brightness.

It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue.

It is a very annoying bug and I don't understand why it has not been fixed since april 2018. It is not listed in the known issues:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

Thank you for help,

A. Brenelièere

abreneliere, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Hi i would like to know is it possible in windows 10 to watch a HDR content on a SDR monitor so it looks like a proper SDR content.

Because more and more movies is HDR and on my HDR tv it is all great even in windows playing HDR content AND SDR content on HDR screen works properly. Problem is when playing HDR content on normal pc monitor picture is way to dark contrast is all wrong.
    Yea i can fix it in some way in the players with the brightness and gamma sliders but it still doesnt look like the original sdr content.

I would like to fix this issue because soon al my video content will be in HDR but i am not always vieving this on HDR screen. Sometimes i would like to watch it on my phone or my pc or my friends house and in all those places with SDR screens looks way
    worse than a normal SDR content.

jursleglov, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

How to get HDR video on your Windows 10 PC

Read more: Windows 10 Tip: Find out how to get HDR video on your PC - Windows Experience Blog

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Tenforo, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

1. Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback - Similar Threads - Best value SDR

2. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  3. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  4. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HDR SDR Brightness Balance - Minimum value is still too bright

HDR SDR Brightness Balance - Minimum value is still too bright: When trying to keep HDR enabled on my monitor I need to ensure the SDR content still looks good.Changing the HDR / SDR Brightness Balance slider in Windows HD Color Settings helps.However I move the slider all the way to the left / 0 but the SDR brightness is still too...
  6. Windows HD color settings HDR issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows HD color settings HDR issue: Hello, I have a problem with the HDR preview video being corrupted, I tried reinstalling the graphics cards but it is still the same, as well as the usual windows repair scans but to no avail, if someone can help me out I would appreciate that a lot, thanks. I'm on windows...
  7. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  8. HDR videos crashing in SDR display

HDR videos crashing in SDR display: Just got a new monitor that has HDR. I turned on HDR in the settings so that I can watch the video in HDR when available. When I make a video full screen on the SDR screen the screen will look static. Like an old tube Tv with bad signal. Not sure what the workaround to fix...
  9. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Windows 10 HDR & SDR: Hi i would like to know is it possible in windows 10 to watch a HDR content on a SDR monitor so it looks like a proper SDR content. Because more and more movies is HDR and on my HDR tv it is all great even in windows playing HDR content AND SDR content on HDR screen works...
  10. hdr video playback

hdr video playback: how can i remove get rid of or disable hdr video playback in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-video-playback/c00c819b-2593-4f8e-a429-fab53e45b202

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sdr content appearance best vakue

2. sdr content appearance

3. m15 r2 oled display sdr cintent apperance setting

4. sdr content apperancer laptop hdr